Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there's something to be said about retirement. I can take delivery anytime day or night, 24/7, rain or shine. I just hope there isn't a death in the family. It would be a tough call. (for family members reading this--I'm just kidding.):redface:
It's a bit morbid but I was curious...
Is there enough room in the Model S to qualify as a hearse?

Got my e-mail over the weekend. SSL #182 scheduled for delivery 10/5 - 10/19. Vin # TBD. Will contact me in 2 weeks for finalize details of delivery and schedule appointment (Los Angeles area). Performance, Black/Black, Grey Wheels, Pano. No rear seat, no paint armor.

Here's a possible table setup for the wiki post. Do you guys think it's worth doing? One problem is that the first column would have to be manually updated every time there was a new entry. Might be too annoying. I went with X or blank for the options, since it's easier to compare at a glance that way (as opposed to Y/N, which gets a bit busy). Thoughts?

#ListSeqVINUserStatusDate(s)LocationModelExteriorInteriorTrimWheelsAirPanoLeatherChildArmorHPWC
1SSL7764RoblabScheduled9/12?S85Custom??19"XX????
2SSL8870dadaleusDelivered9/8Fremont factoryP85Sig RedBlackCarbon Fibre21" GreyXXX???
3SSL12696Bifff67Scheduled9/21-10/5Washington, DCP85Sig RedBlackCarbon Fibre19"XXXX
4SSL180116ZythrynScheduled9/20 - 10/4Minnesota85????????X?
5Sig495189NC Model SScheduled9/28-10/8Fayetteville, NC85Sig RedTanGlossy Obeche19"XXX

I'm mildly frightened by how fast deliveries are going. Looks like the Signature list could be delivered by the end of October. Who knows how early I'll be asked to finalize? Maybe I better visit a store to see the car in person, like, next month!

The point is, Tesla is in a transition phase. They're small and lean and can't just dump a pile of money into things like this because their cash flow isn't really rolling yet. They're resource-limited. They have thousands of customers to deal with, on top of enormous logistics problems and little details like, oh, building cars. I know you're frustrated and eager to get your car, but I think you should cut them some slack. Once things stabilize and they've more fully developed their systems things will get a lot smoother.

This!

Overall I Thought they did okay, but I have my S so I'm biased. Agree automation is key.

#ListSeqVINUserStatusDate(s)LocationModelExteriorInteriorTrimWheelsAirPanoLeatherChildArmorHPWC
2SSL8870dadaleusDelivered9/8Fremont factoryP85Sig RedBlackCarbon Fibre21" GreyXXX???

Favo, to fill in your ?'s, I don't have child seats, I do have armor and I did order a wall connector but it's ETA is October.

Got the delivery email today. Somewhere between Sep 17 and Oct 1 for SS#162. Note that I didn't lock in until the end of July, so this is a little earlier than I expected--I figured they'd treat me like Sig #999. Heck, SS #35 was just delivered on Tuesday. My MVPA said October.

I hope I get it before National Plug In Day on Sept 23!

EDIT: I will get it by Sept 23--delivery is now scheduled for Saturday Sept 22. VIN is 112.

Sig red, black leather, obeche matt, silver 21's, pano roof, paint armor.

Last edited:
Got the delivery email today. Somewhere between Sep 17 and Oct 1 for SS#162. Note that I didn't lock in until the end of July, so this is a little earlier than I expected--I figured they'd treat me like Sig #999. Heck, SS #35 was just delivered on Tuesday. My MVPA said October.

Congrats! An early delivery is good news. Although, I do feel for those that are delayed. I hope their issues are sorted out in short order.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to look at this in a little more positive light at least from my position as S105. Given that the highest VIN number reported so far is 211, I'm thinking we are seeing a very high percentage of people telling their delivery dates. I was thinking it was something like only 1 person in 10 reporting, but with VIN211 being the highest we might be looking at 1 in 2 or maybe 3.

I think the ratio of people reporting on delivery will drop significantly after all the Roadster owners get their deliveries. I'm saying this because they have probably been active members of Tesla Motors Club for a long time and first time buyers/depositors may not have joined yet . I lurked a long time before I joined.

This is a good sign because your delivery is well inside of the thirty days they usually try to provide. Therefore, people like Sparrow, Aviators! Laurent and me who haven't heard yet may still get our deliveries in order compared to others who have already gotten their dates who are behind us in the queue. Not sure why that would happen, but at least it's a glimmer of hope!

Fantastic news! Congrats!

It appears that post #598 (now 599) is the last post in this thread, but there are phantom pages 61-64 that redirect to page 60. Anyone else seeing this? I have seen this in other threads, too (sometimes pages in the middle that you can't get to). It seems to happen when posts are moved. Is this a known bug in this version of the forums?