Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just finished production. Took a couple of days. Estimated delivery to Virginia is now Dec. 19th-Jan 2nd.

And to make things even sweeter, our DMV commissioner just gave a very favorable ruling for Tesla vs. our state's auto dealer's so that it's more than likely we'll be getting a store/service center in Richmond only a few miles from my house. Wow. The hits keep coming.....

Rob, can you push me the link on the DMV Comm ruling?

• Informative
Reactions: Mach Schnell!
Another day of my car being in production. Going on 12 days now (maybe more as my DS initially told me my car was going into production on the 18th, it just didn't update in My Tesla until 11/22. So frustrating.

Woo hoo! Production complete! Entered production 11/29 and production complete came this morning 12/3.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Another day of my car being in production. Going on 12 days now (maybe more as my DS initially told me my car was going into production on the 18th, it just didn't update in My Tesla until 11/22. So frustrating.

I understand the frustration. I think it's important to remember they're working hard to crank cars out, but not at a lack of quality. Everything I've heard indicates that if a car takes longer than 4 or 5 days in production, it's likely because QA found something they didn't like, and needed to get it fixed. I'd say think positive! The QA process works, and they don't want to deliver your car unless it's the quality you deserve for such an amazing vehicle (P100D? I'm insanely jealous!).

Still waiting to hear about a bunch of Texas cars going into production. Confirmed on 10/28 and nothing has changed since. I've been telling my wife (her car) that I expected it to go in production by 12/5 or so if we are getting it in 2016. That date is getting close and we are getting a little nervous.

Still waiting to hear about a bunch of Texas cars going into production. Confirmed on 10/28 and nothing has changed since. I've been telling my wife (her car) that I expected it to go in production by 12/5 or so if we are getting it in 2016. That date is getting close and we are getting a little nervous.

I see a couple headed for Texas in production. My DS told me 12/5 also. Looks like they are working their way east to west to get as many delivered by the end of the year as possible.

My DeS said 5 days by truck to Houston so there's some time still. I should have never looked at the spreadsheet. I understand the numbers game they have to play but it's extremely frustrating watching cars that confirmed weeks after mine going into production because they live further away. It seems like they're overestimating delivery times.

• Informative
Reactions: ZAKEEUS