Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you hear this? Do you really hear this?? The 35dB whisper quiet cacaphone of hundreds of Tesla reservation holders - THREE YEAR reservation holders - getting The Email. The one they have had so much fun awaiting for years. This is it. The watershed moment when a Model S goes from a few betas - where stores all over the country don't even have a car to test drive, to hundreds across the country. After three years and a coffee mug and a toy Tesla radio controlled car, the Model S is really taking to the the streets, all in a few weeks. I have never seen a Model S on the road. I have never seen an alpha. And I live in Boston (not excatly remote) and I am an avid fan, stock holder, reservation holder. So think about all the people who have heard of the Model S who are about jump out of their skin when they see one cruising Highway Five, or Route 95, or the Florida Turnpike in a few weeks. Everything is about to change. Including our brooding over TMC at 1225am to find out if there's a service plan yet, if a store may open soon in the New England area, if anyone might have a picture of the pacific blue color with a pano roof, or the lacewood with the tan leather. Or a new idea for the console. You see, it's not about getting my car - not totally - its about Tesla flying, EVs taking off like never before, and all of us out driving our Model S - most of us in a few short months - As the world watches and says "- hmmm. That's pretty cool...". And suddenly it is a slightly different world and Elon (how cool is Elon?) has helped each one of us make our own little dent in this universe. It'll be different now, very soon. We'll miss the wait and thrill in the drive. I remember the first time I saw the Model S online. Didn't exist yet. It was a clay model. But here comes Bonnie's and Mike M's and Dadaleus' and Nigel's and Ben's and...ours. So when that email finally comes my way - oh sure I'll be ready to ride - but The Journey has already been electrifying. Keep the stampeding delivery announcements coming! Yahoo!
if you bottled that, it would be banned within 6 weeks :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Got my e-mail giving me a delivery window for Sig 667 of October 5-19 last night at 8:55 PM. I did not see it until this morning!

Silver Model S Performance
All Signature Included Options except the 21 inch wheels
Tan Performance Interior
Panoramic Roof
Carbon Fiber Interior Accents and Spoiler
19 inch wheels
No Rear Seats
Paint Armor
HPWC

I expect to take delivery at the factory as I live in Sacramento. Super pumped!
Wow, I guess geographic batching doesn't cover this one (still no email or call for me).

The goal is to get all of the Signatures delivered by the end of October. As it stands, we do not have a definitive way to determine how they are doing. The only actual data we are tracking are people who have received date ranges, dates, and deliveries. I think it would extremely useful to track the reservation holders in this forum who did not yet get a date range, and put them in sequence in the spreadsheet. That way we will see the gaps and (since I think the sample size is large enough) know where Tesla is with respect to meeting this goal. We will also see the gaps shrinking.

We can do this by asking people who haven't gotten dates yet to submit a form with those fields blank, or someone can try to collect the data from posts in the forum.

Filled in the rest into the spreadsheet. Interesting trends I noticed:

Most everyone in the Bay Area or picking up at the Fremont factory was batched to 10/05 - 10/19. It's the most popular date range so far. Expect a LOT of deliveries in a month.
DC had a batching of 09/18 - 10/12, though there's less of a sample size there.
Pretty much everyone else was all over the map in terms of dates.

Now to see and find any I missed...

Filled in the rest into the spreadsheet. Interesting trends I noticed:

Most everyone in the Bay Area or picking up at the Fremont factory was batched to 10/05 - 10/19. It's the most popular date range so far. Expect a LOT of deliveries in a month.
DC had a batching of 09/18 - 10/12, though there's less of a sample size there.
Pretty much everyone else was all over the map in terms of dates.

Now to see and find any I missed...

You got 1207 in 3 times

Maybe it's alphabetically by last name? :biggrin:

Seriously though, maybe there's just someone different looking after you than Derek M, and your person isn't as efficient. Or Derek M locked in his order a week, or two, or whatever before you and therefore got batched earlier. Could be lots of reasons. Hang in there.

My adviser left. That could be it.

I configured on June 8. (final signed paperwork)

- - - Updated - - -

Do you hear this? Do you really hear this?? The 35dB whisper quiet cacaphone of hundreds of Tesla reservation holders - THREE YEAR reservation holders - getting The Email. ...

3 1/2 years!

It didn't take me that long to have 2 kids....

teslaguy, I'm in NY/Long Island, and I'm P2009 with a Blue 85KwH Model S on order...But my delivery estimate is the same as yours, Nov/Dec...I'm guessing that there are a few thousand of us non-Sigs with that same delivery range...And I'm also guessing that it's not going to change until right up to the point where we get the call that our cars are ready to ship. I'm hoping to get mine before Thanksgiving, as we'll have a nice drive up to Hudson, NY that I'm dying to use as my first medium range ride.

Anybody from the Mid-Atlantic region scheduled to get delivery of a Blue S sometime in the next few weeks?
I live in the western burbs of Philly and I'm anxiously awaiting my new Blue P85.
I am P1117 and currently "scheduled" for November, although the last time I spoke to a rep I was told sometime from mid-November to the end of December!
Yikes!

Wow, I guess geographic batching doesn't cover this one (still no email or call for me).

What is your configuration? Hopefully, you will get the e-mail or call soon.
I think I ordered a unicorn? Red, Black Perf Interior, Lacewood, 21" silver wheels, paint armor, no spoiler, HPWC. I suspect the Black Perf interior of some batching delays and lacewood for the other delays. Other parts shouldn't have been an issue. HPWC is known late arrival but I won't need it for about a month after car arrives. And even then... I might've been able to do without it altogether, it was a convenience item.

Sounds good to me
The thrill is on
I think there is one other in town as well

- - - Updated - - -

That's great news. Can't wait till I get mine. Hopefully, I'll catch a glimps of you around town.

Maybe we can have aTesla gathering once a few more of us in the St.Louis area get ours.

Sounds good to me

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should batch mine with yours...Nixa, MO isn't that far away!

Hope they do for you

Was planning to hold off on posting until getting a VIN, but guessing that may be another few weeks, so here is the info I have at the moment:

Sig Performance #414, VIN TBD
ETA Oct 19 - Nov 2
Delivery to Raleigh NC
Sig Red
Panoramic roof
CF spoiler
21" grey wheels
Black performance interior w/CF
Paint armor (may regret this it sounds like)
No 3rd row seats
No HPWC

teslaguy, I'm in NY/Long Island, and I'm P2009 with a Blue 85KwH Model S on order...But my delivery estimate is the same as yours, Nov/Dec...I'm guessing that there are a few thousand of us non-Sigs with that same delivery range...And I'm also guessing that it's not going to change until right up to the point where we get the call that our cars are ready to ship. I'm hoping to get mine before Thanksgiving, as we'll have a nice drive up to Hudson, NY that I'm dying to use as my first medium range ride.

I hear there's a Blue test drive car at the White Plains store. Have you seen it? I'd love to drive up, but it's over a 3 hour drve.
Although mu MVPA says November, when I talked to a rep a week or so ago I was told that my delivery could be as late as the end of December. Now I'm wondering if they've decided to deliver all the Canadian sigs before any US P models..eh? ;-) Also, I just realised that once the Sigs are all done there are a bunch of "R" reservations (friends of Roadster owners) that get delivered next. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

INow I'm wondering if they've decided to deliver all the Canadian sigs before any US P models..eh? ;-) Also, I just realised that once the Sigs are all done there are a bunch of "R" reservations (friends of Roadster owners) that get delivered next. Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

IIRC Canadian Sigs are supposed to be 3 months after after the US introduction, depending on what date you count from that is probably October/November; and yes, there's some 440 "R" reservations out there.

IIRC Canadian Sigs are supposed to be 3 months after after the US introduction, depending on what date you count from that is probably October/November; and yes, there's some 440 "R" reservations out there.

That's correct. Another thing to support this is GeorgeB saying the first 1200 cars delivered will be NA Signatures (which we assume to mean "cars delivered to the general public" due to Founders). Our MVPA's took a while due to their battles with NAFTA regulations and pricing, but from what I was told, even though P's were finalizing before us, it is quite possible to get our cars before them... I just didn't hear any guarantees. :frown:

Anybody from the Mid-Atlantic region scheduled to get delivery of a Blue S sometime in the next few weeks?
I live in the western burbs of Philly and I'm anxiously awaiting my new Blue P85.
I am P1117 and currently "scheduled" for November, although the last time I spoke to a rep I was told sometime from mid-November to the end of December!
Yikes!

The DC store has a blue non-pano/non-perf for test drives. You can swing down to DC and check it out then have diner at Brasserie Beck right across the street. The food is delicious.

--Off-topic--

The blue is gorgeous in person and I am torn between the blue and the black. I was going Sunset but I don't think it will be avaiable when my number gets called.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. So you OK? Need anything? I worry about you.

Oh by the way mine was delivered EARLY and is here this afternoon! They are on a big roll. Great delivery experience. Have to go hit the punchlist now. And the acceleration ... oh man!!!

I can't wait to see your car around the area!

Filled in the rest into the spreadsheet ...

Thank you Tim for doing this. My first reaction was to resist this, because the wiki seemed to be working well, but you've done a fine job and of course the FORM entry is a lot easier for most people.

I have one form tweak to suggest. Where you say:

Post Link
If you're posting this on someone else's behalf, please include the URL to their post.

... I think you should instead say:

Post Link
If your delivery information is posted on a forum somewhere (e.g. TMC), please provide the URL to that post. Use the link directly to the post, typically in the "post number" in the upper right corner of the post.

This is intended to cover the case where someone is posting for themselves, but we still want to have a link to the TMC post where they told us about their news. (and can ask for clarification if they omitted something)

Thanks again!

The DC store has a blue non-pano/non-perf for test drives. You can swing down to DC and check it out then have diner at Brasserie Beck right across the street. The food is delicious.

--Off-topic--

The blue is gorgeous in person and I am torn between the blue and the black. I was going Sunset but I don't think it will be avaiable when my number gets called.

- - - Updated - - -
Actually, the Blue S was only at the DC store for a brief special event and is now "permanently" at the White Plains, NY store as their test drive car.
Furthermore, as of this afternoon the DC store has NO test drive vehicle as Julia is taking their only one left to Long Island this afternoon for their new store grand opening.
So, now 3 stores in the NY vicinity and still none in the Philly area? They seem to have delayed the King of Prussia store opening for some reason. Cannot get an updated status either.
However, Nick from the Manhattan service center is moving to KofP soon to at least get the new service center open here. Hurray!

Notified this afternoon
SIG #442 Performance - Delivery 10/18/2012 - 11/01/2012 - VIN - TBD
To St Louis, Mo
Signature Red Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels
Tan Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor

Still hoping I'll be smiling on my birthday (Oct. 15) - same location; black interior & rear seats. Otherwise, it's all George's fault I'll look like a sour pouty arrogant idiot brat on my birthday!