Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I'll post some pictures and a mini-review tomorrow or Tuesday but spent all afternoon driving around. While it has some software issues (needs favorites for Nav like 'Home'...etc) and other minor things, it is a blast to drive. I love the Roadster but this is also a great car to drive and has all the good stuff like working AC, bluetooth that works, good Nav that the Roadster didn't...etc. Amazing ride. I think most people will enjoy their car once they get it.

Thanks. I'll post some pictures and a mini-review tomorrow or Tuesday but spent all afternoon driving around. While it has some software issues (needs favorites for Nav like 'Home'...etc) and other minor things, it is a blast to drive. I love the Roadster but this is also a great car to drive and has all the good stuff like working AC, bluetooth that works, good Nav that the Roadster didn't...etc. Amazing ride. I think most people will enjoy their car once they get it.

So S > Roadster? In which areas? Fun? Technology (naturally)?

While it has some software issues (needs favorites for Nav like 'Home'...etc) and other minor things, it is a blast to drive.
You don't want to set a nav point called something like Home. If your vehicle gets stolen while you're out shopping, they know that your home is likely unattended and are thus given a recommendation of what to rob next.

Stealing a Model S seems like a phenomenally hard thing to do.

Maybe if they could grab the keyfob signal and replicate it... then they'd prolly know enough about you to know where you live anyway.

Smash and grab hotwire doesn't work on an S.

Got the email Saturday nite. Sig 1162, Sig Perf, Sig Red, Panoramic, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 21" Grey Wheels, Tan interior, Carbon Fiber, 85 kWh, rear seats, paint armor -- 10/14-10/28.

(Near Sacramento, on the Georgetown divide)

Now to get a charging setup built!