Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 405 (Res #448) picked up today at Tesla HQ (Palo Alto).

Perf, Sig Red, Black w/CF, Pano, paint armor, loaded, no child seats.

Due bill: spoiler, parcel shelf. Also had condensation in rear marker light and paint issue under paint armor on rear bumper. To be fixed when missing items come in.

It's nice to have it home, and really hard not to take advantage of the acceleration. Too fun.

He probably displays range as estimated range, and was consuming a lot of energy earlier, then started hypermiling, so the estimate went up. :)

Ah. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I can understand that. If the initial reading was during a steep climb and was an estimate that assumed that climbing would continue through the drive and then the car started going downhill, perhaps the prediction would be that the car could go virtually forever that way. I observed an amazing behavior in my drive to Yosemite from Sacramento. See Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions - Page 23 On my way up a steep hill, the odometer read 2 miles while the range meter showed we had used 13 miles of range. Coming back down a few days later, I found the regen was strong enough that I only needed to touch the brake once, and the range meter showed we had 9 miles more range than we had at the top of that hill. Wow! We travelled two (or probably a little less) miles each way and basically got back all (or virtually all) of the energy required to lift the Model S up that hill. This suggests to me that similar results might be achieved when one is tempted to accelerate, shall we say, quickly, if one also uses the regen to slow the car from whatever speed one might reach to near zero. (I normally have to brake to stop at a light when I have reached about 5 or 6 mph.) If I am right, the Model S allows those of us who have, shall we say, a heavy foot, to enjoy the thrill of quickly getting up to speed so long as we learn to let the regen bring us back down close to a stop. It does not, however, add real miles of range by just traveling at slow speeds or other magical ways of driving.

Jkam- so sad to hear how the current delivery process has failed to meet expectations! Hope that the car will lift your spirits and that they will begin to meet reservation holders expectations of smoothness in the delivery of this amazing new car!

In case you haven't seen it, there is a new posting on the Tesla Bulletin Board regarding delivery sequencing of U.S. Sigs, Ps, and Canadian Sigs:

WILL MODEL S GENERAL PRODUCTION DELIVERIES HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL ALL US AND CANADIAN MODEL S SIGNATURE CARS ARE DELIVERED?

nkinkaid@teslam... | NOVEMBER 21, 2012

No. There will always be a small amount of overlap at the end of deliveries for one series and the beginning of another. We are approaching that time now with Signature and General Production. We are setting up the last few US Signature car deliveries now and are about to start contacting General Production customers to begin setting up their deliveries. The overlap will be minimal, but there will be a few General Production cars that get delivered before the final US Signature cars. In many cases, these final Signature cars are ones that were configured in September and October and have been given high priority throughout the process, but simply cannot be built in time before General Production cars have started.
Canadian Signature production is now well under way. Delivery of these cars will overlap some final US Signature cars and some General Production cars.

Will Model S General Production deliveries have to wait until all US and Canadian Model S Signature cars are delivered? | Forums | Tesla Motors

Sig 729/VIN 722 is on a truck (as of Wed 11/21 am) heading to the mid-west :)
I'm told my delivery will bypass the Chicago service center and come straight to me.
Hoping to get the car before the end of the week, my DS will have a better timeframe for me on Friday.
Happy times ahead, and my birthday is next Monday! :)

VIN 405 (Res #448) picked up today at Tesla HQ (Palo Alto).

Perf, Sig Red, Black w/CF, Pano, paint armor, loaded, no child seats.

Due bill: spoiler, parcel shelf. Also had condensation in rear marker light and paint issue under paint armor on rear bumper. To be fixed when missing items come in.

It's nice to have it home, and really hard not to take advantage of the acceleration. Too fun.

I had the same condensation issue and missing spoiler! I Started a new poll to track the “over all delivery experience” @

Total Delivery Experience Poll

Sig 1189, VIN 1049 delivered this evening in Bartelso, IL.
small_IMG_2680.JPG

Remaining U.S. Signatures to be Delivered?

Just trying to recap where we are with the U.S. Signatures.

From what I see, the following U.S. Signatures have not been delivered yet:

VIN Owner 722 mlascano
1045 walla2
1084 AnOutsider
1179 pilotSteve
1278 STxTesla
1232 Larry Chanin
12xx kroneal (new VIN to be assigned)

Correct? Are there any other U.S. Signatures that have not been delivered yet?

[cross-posted]

Just trying to recap where we are with the U.S. Signatures.

From what I see, the following U.S. Signatures have not been delivered yet:

VIN Owner 722 mlascano
1045 walla2
1084 AnOutsider
1179 pilotSteve
1278 STxTesla
1232 Larry Chanin
12xx kroneal (new VIN to be assigned)

Correct? Are there any other U.S. Signatures that have not been delivered yet?

[cross-posted]

Yes, I have a Signature reservation that has not been delivered yet. My Reservation sequence number is 1232 and my VIN is 1055. My delivery window of November 23rd has passed. Based on preliminary Tesla information we think that it is likely it will begin shipment at the end of next week.

Larry