Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He said he was still confident last week September but would know more this week. A few weeks ago he emailed me saying he gauraunteed would be delivered in September!! Not sure if I will be able to use that to get something but will be pissed if not before oct 1 and have loan rate change. I was promised at ordering I would get it in September and get the rate. Will post when I know more

I "heard" that loan rate would continue past end of September deadline.

Perhaps we can try to see if there's a pattern in which cars are getting the APH3 option code related to dates /configuration?

My order:
S 75D
Confirmed 8/20
Midnight Silver Metallic
White seats
Standard wheels
Sunroof
Premium upgrades
EAP
FSD

Production: Not yet
Est delivery: Late sept-oct

Option code for AP: APH2 (according to the view specs link)

Mine is an X- all info in my sig. I have APH3 in code.

Perhaps we can try to see if there's a pattern in which cars are getting the APH3 option code related to dates /configuration?
FSD

I wonder if FSD is the difference here. Could it be that if you purchased FSD, you stayed on APH2 hw? I know that is the opposite of what you'd expect, but I think I've seen two situations now where folks that purchased FSD didn't get their option upgraded to APH3. If folks that purchased FSD could check their options and chime in, that would help...

MyTesla updated to say Estimated Delivery Range: September 24, 2017- October 8, 2017

Is this pretty accurate or has anyone gotten delivery before their estimated range?

Is that the actual Delivery Range in your MyTesla? Mine only shows September-Early October, with no specific dates. My DS did tell me early Sep build and late Sep delivery and my production started Sep 2, so I have no reason to doubt him at this point...

Is that the actual Delivery Range in your MyTesla? Mine only shows September-Early October, with no specific dates. My DS did tell me early Sep build and late Sep delivery and my production started Sep 2, so I have no reason to doubt him at this point...

Yes, that's what it says on the website for me. My car has been in production since August 26th, and yesterday my DS called me and said it's on inspection, awaiting delivery on truck or train (if by truck it'll be delivered in ~1 week, if by train then ~2-3 weeks). Looks like given the dates on the website, it's by train, ugh.... :(

I check this post everyday as it's pretty clear that a lot of the questions and speculations people are asking/stating, have already been answered a few pages back.

Just was updated on my car, sept 8th - 22nd delivery. And I'm outraged. I was promised the car by end of August and then at the latest sept 6th. I've had the worst experience with Costa Mesa tesla.
Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Production start 8/17. Est delivery 9/8-9/22.
Model S75 Black Premium FSD. Confirmed AP 2.5.

My DS has ignored 8 emails and I constantly have to call the office asking for a manager until she answers the phone and says sorry I was giving a presentation(even though I give her 48 hours to respond to email) 1st few emails and phone calls. she didn't respond to for 2 weeks
If you were in my position after being pushed so far back, do you feel like floor mats or something is out of the question. I've never had such terrible service nor have had this experience before. I sold my vehicle because she stated it would be here end of August and now I'm vehicleless for this entire period.

Ordered 7/10. Conf 7/13. Production start 8/17. Est delivery 9/8-9/22.
Model S75 Black Premium FSD. Confirmed AP 2.5.
If you look through the Model S Order and Delivery Spreadsheet, you'll see that you are right about in line with several other folks with the same timeline. Perhaps your DS over-commited in good faith, or you were the victim of the harness problem or some other APH2/APH3 issue, but in terms of overall timeline, it doesn't look like you were singled out...

When reading most of the other guys on here. Who ordered after me, started production after me, but received there car before me? That doesn't sound like it was correct. There's multiple people who have ordered 2 weeks after me and have had their car delivered with the same configuration.
As well as the average from production to delivery is 18 days.
My cars been in production since 8/17 and has been sitting there because of the wire harness issue. Best case scenario my car is supposed to be 22 days from production. Worse case scenario. 36 days. Both scenarios are well over what the expectation was, which was end of August. Specifically August 28th.

My order:
S 75D
Confirmed 8/20
Midnight Silver Metallic
White seats
Standard wheels
Sunroof
Premium upgrades
EAP
FSD

Production: Not yet
Est delivery: Late sept-oct

Same here: order confirmed 8/18.

When reading most of the other guys on here. Who ordered after me, started production after me, but received there car before me? That doesn't sound like it was correct. There's multiple people who have ordered 2 weeks after me and have had their car delivered with the same configuration.
As well as the average from production to delivery is 18 days.
My cars been in production since 8/17 and has been sitting there because of the wire harness issue. Best case scenario my car is supposed to be 22 days from production. Worse case scenario. 36 days. Both scenarios are well over what the expectation was, which was end of August. Specifically August 28th.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Ordered 7/15, production start on 8/23 and still in production 12 days later. My delivery is estimated at Sept 13-27 though since I'm in Canada and the car is still in production, I'm guessing it will be closer to the 27th. The wait has been so hard, and made extra frustrating by seeing people who've ordered 2+ weeks later already get their cars, but I feel like I can't complain too much since they're offering me an additional $13,000 in value with discounts and upgrades since I purchased the car. There's no excuse for the bad service you're getting though. My sales guy was terrible at getting back to me once I made the purchase but at least my DS in Toronto is good for answering my calls and emails. Hopefully we'll both get some good news tomorrow after the holiday and finally have our cars out of production. Best of luck to you.

P.S. I sent you a private messsge the other day but not sure if you got it.

I wonder if FSD is the difference here. Could it be that if you purchased FSD, you stayed on APH2 hw? I know that is the opposite of what you'd expect, but I think I've seen two situations now where folks that purchased FSD didn't get their option upgraded to APH3. If folks that purchased FSD could check their options and chime in, that would help...

I purchased FSD and I had APH3

I am in the same boat as you....I was told in 2 weeks car would go into production and delivered by end of Sept. I am a bit skeptical now! Lets hope for the best.