Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, P1117 VIN 1850 arrived in Pa early today and after my 3 1/2 year wait I missed it!!!! I was told by the trucker they would be here Saturday afternoon and they would call in the am with an update. I'm with my wife about an hour away at a Xmas show when I get a text from my neighbor with a pic of my car being unloaded in front of my house. So my neighbors are having a delivery party without me and sending me pics! This is killing meeee!!!!

What a shame. Clearly the trucker had/has no idea otherwise he'd not have done that. But what fabulous neighbors you have! Merry Christmas to you and all those others getting their cars right now.

I got a fed ex package yesterday with a paper that said temp registration and a small folded paper on it. Directions say to tape in rear window and is god for 90 days. Does this serve as a temp plate?

Yes, I confirmed with my DES this is the case. Cut off the bottom strip from the Application for Registration where it says to cut and put that in the rear window on the passenger side. You can likely wedge it between the rear gate and the glass, which is what I did with mine.

Well, P1117 VIN 1850 arrived in Pa early today and after my 3 1/2 year wait I missed it!!!! I was told by the trucker they would be here Saturday afternoon and they would call in the am with an update. I'm with my wife about an hour away at a Xmas show when I get a text from my neighbor with a pic of my car being unloaded in front of my house. So my neighbors are having a delivery party without me and sending me pics! This is killing meeee!!!!

That is so bad that all you can do is laugh about it. And the neighbors slapping a bow on it is the icing on the cake!

Sick and perfect

That is so bad that all you can do is laugh about it. And the neighbors slapping a bow on it is the icing on the cake!

TeslaGuy, Something so wrong and perfect about the 3 1/2 year wait and then you receiving a text picture of the car being delivered...to your house. You have great neighbors, unless they are out riding right now.
CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy, though I know you'll be missing that minivan.

Plese post the text picture when you can!

- - - Updated - - -

Amos just called, from the road. He's in an 80 foot truck (Horses Carriage), leaving two Model S's on Long Island today, then to a lucky household in Massachustts by 9am tomorrow. If all goes well, VIN P01845 will arrive at my driveway tomorrow morning, 9am, in a light snowfall. That's Day 1,230 exactly, since I put down that deposit.

And a belated-but-beautiful Sig delivery follows mine, nearby (you know who you are - Congrats!)

Folks, I said it once before and I meant it. I have enjoyed the wait - indeed, it has been the best wait (for a thing, vs a wedding, baby etc) of my life - made all the sweeter, fun, trivial, surprising, nerve-racking, spurious, hilarious, doubtful, joyful, and deeply-appreciated by the good folk on this forum.

Please PM if you are in MA and want to come by for coffee during the delivery at 9am tomorrow. Would love to have you.

I noticed today my door handles still would not extend automatically this morning. Wait - right - no car yet. That's my Volvo. Ok...

Folks, I said it once before and I meant it. I have enjoyed the wait - indeed, it has been the best wait (for a thing, vs a wedding, baby etc) of my life - made all the sweeter, fun, trivial, surprising, nerve-racking, spurious, hilarious, doubtful, joyful, and deeply-appreciated by the good folk on this forum.

I agree that the forum made it a lot more fun. And I also enjoyed the wait -- most of the time --. The two weeks before delivery were *tough*. Someone said to me yesterday that there's often a letdown when you wait for something for a long time and then you finally get it. Part of the reason that I don't have that letdown is because of the car itself, and how different and special it is. But another reason is that the waiting is never over! I'm waiting now for the HPWC, for example. But who knows when the next software update will be, and what mysteries it will contain? Everyone is waiting for the released phone app, and that will likely have regular updates too. One day (hopefully) there will be 3rd party apps for the infotainment system, and they will have updates!

TeslaGuy, Something so wrong and perfect about the 3 1/2 year wait and then you receiving a text picture of the car being delivered...to your house. You have great neighbors, unless they are out riding right now.
CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy, though I know you'll be missing that minivan.

Plese post the text picture when you can!

- - - Updated - - -

Amos just called, from the road. He's in an 80 foot truck (Horses Carriage), leaving two Model S's on Long Island today, then to a lucky household in Massachustts by 9am tomorrow. If all goes well, VIN P01845 will arrive at my driveway tomorrow morning, 9am, in a light snowfall. That's Day 1,230 exactly, since I put down that deposit.

And a belated-but-beautiful Sig delivery follows mine, nearby (you know who you are - Congrats!)

Please PM if you are in MA and want to come by for coffee during the delivery at 9am tomorrow. Would love to have you.

I noticed today my door handles still would not extend automatically this morning. Wait - right - no car yet. That's my Volvo. Ok...

The delivery company is Horseless Carriage just two towns over from me. They been around for years. Enclosed Auto Transport, Enclosed Auto Shipping, Classic Car Storage - Horseless Carriage Carriers Good Luck!!!