Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on my way to work after a very crazy day. A full delivery story will be forthcoming with some photos in the next few days but just as a data point, I picked up my car today and love it.

I also think I may be able to claim a 1st but would like to hear from anyone who may have beat me to the punch: I believe I may have been the first to take delivery while wearing a proper tartan kilt. Correct me if I am wrong.

Off to work ( in my Kia :( ) so will have to give the details later.

No regrets.

Cheers

congrats...if you happen to work for PAMF, you may be the first....so jealous. you beat me by 3 weeks.

PS - Jump seats were installed, parcel shelf and UMC chrome trim on due bill. no license plate frame nor frunk net.

jump seats were on my due bill (kids were disappointed) along with parcel shelf and spoiler. I also had no plate frame (but I've ordered a custom CF frame, so I'm fine with that) nor frunk net (have we decided those aren't really due bill items now?).

Last edited:
Here's a pic of our car with today's tour guide Tim.

View attachment 15263

PS - Jump seats were installed, parcel shelf and UMC chrome trim on due bill. no license plate frame nor frunk net.
Also, made our first Model S sighting from our own Model S today (blue outside of Safeway in Belmont). It was hilarious because we were all waving furiously at each other!

Congrats, Kip!! Beautiful! Good that you got the rear seats rightaway.

I may have run into the same Blue yesterday in Belmont (posted on the Random sightings thread).

Took delivery today at 10A at home. Pics to come. Can confirm that there is no frunk net with the P85. Due bill items include paint armor, CF spoiler, Aluminum trim on UMC, condensation to rear tail light, parcel shelf, HPWC...

What the hell is going on with Tesla's SUPPLIERS??? This is very disturbing that their suppliers can't meet a small number of orders. What's going to happen when they really ramp up production and start pumping out 30,000+ vehicles????

It's been a Tesla-centric day. This afternoon, I wrapped up a lengthy email discussion with my DES. I'm on the schedule to pick up the car in the Chicago Service Center at 4:00 on Jan 31st. I happily lost the "under" in my office pool by eight hours.

This evening, my wife and I were out at a local restaurant. We live in a small-ish, Mayberry-esque community (pop 32,000) in NW Indiana. As we were leaving, a co-worker of mine saw us, and signaled me to come over. He was there with another couple, and they asked me if I was the one getting the Tesla. I said yes, I'm picking it up on Thursday, and they said, "Oh, our son works for Tesla." I figured they meant in Chicago, so I asked which store, and they said, "No, he works at the factory in Fremont." I was quite surprised. I played the odds and asked if he worked on the assembly floor, but they said, "No, he's a chemist. He worked on the battery. He also told us you're getting a green car, and it looks really nice." Blew. My. Mind. I was so taken aback that I left without offering them a test drive! Guess I'll have to hook up with my co-worker to track them down next weekend!
Small world.
You're beating me by a few days. I had a long phone call with my DS; if she is or is Andrew in Chicago the DS (bit confused) ... told me my car is waiting for a transporter to Chicago now. I suppose I could be in same truck? 4 days to get here? I'm told latest date is 10 Feb. Probably a few days earlier ... sounds like a different truck.

My Model S comes sometime between Feb 5th and Feb 19th. I'm Res# 11,329 (performance)

Thanks this gives me a better idea of when my p85 #13,850 should be here. At 400 cars/wk and I'm 2500 behind you, that's about 6 weeks... So late March or early April. When I finalized Tesla said Feb/March.

Of course not all 2500 between us will be built (40kwh cars, red cars, cancels, slow finalizers etc)... So I guess March could be realistic.

DS told me that the paint armor is scheduled for home or service center application. Apparently they aren't applying the paint armor at the factory any more. Not a bad deal, as I can now request additional paint armor to cover the hood or additional areas of coverage.

That's a real improvement. Tesla is listening (or at is tired of listening to the complaints about the non-full coverage).

Thanks this gives me a better idea of when my p85 #13,850 should be here. At 400 cars/wk and I'm 2500 behind you, that's about 6 weeks... So late March or early April. When I finalized Tesla said Feb/March.

Of course not all 2500 between us will be built (40kwh cars, red cars, cancels, slow finalizers etc)... So I guess March could be realistic.

I'm P85 13,306 and right above you in NJ with a delivery date between Feb 28-March 14 so you should be right behind me if not within the same week or so.