Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody who is due the $2,000 pre-order price reduction “Confirm” their financing on the Tesla website? I have been leaving the blue CONFIRM button untouched until I see the $2,000 price reduction reflected on the webpage. Just wondering if I am the only skeptic.

I placed my original order on 1/15, and had no "edit" button to convert my order to the refresh model.

Last weekend I called my SA, and they updated my order to the new refresh for me. I asked about modifying my financing, because my original financing details were made under a different final price. (Also, I want to make sure the $2k comes off my total due on delivery, and not my amount financed).

He said that at the end of February, everyone will be prompted to reconfirm their financing, and at this point the $2k discount will be reflected so you can make accurate plans. ‍♂️

I've placed my order since October and have been deferring for the refresh. Everyone, check your credit report if you are financing or leasing. Tesla ran a credit check 5 different times on on the same order since my original order. I was livid. Waiting on a response as to why. Thats 5 hard pulls. I don't mess around with my credit.

Maybe its' wishful thinking, but I am starting to subscribe to the notion that they are partially producing refresh Ses. I have not seen any reports that the S/X line is idled, so they have to be doing something? Maybe there is as supply chain or regulatory issue that is stopping them for completing the builds, but that would not mean they cannot get cars started. IIRC, something similar happened with the initial Model X deliveries, where they had a supply chain issue and shipped mostly finished cars to the stores then completed assembly there as parts came in.

I’m watching the S thread, but waiting for a new X. This thread has more traction. I stopped in my local delivery center and it sounds like they’re expecting 3+ weeks for first cars, definitely into March for first deliveries. Likely S first and X are now into late April or May.

I did my daily check of the site to see if there was any update, and it seems Tesla has removed the delivery estimate for my LR S :( It was previously showing March 1-31.

Same here. First Tesla purchase and the suspense is killing me! I just want some details or a demo, though there are definitely others that have been waiting a lot longer... (ahem roadster, cybertruck, semi)

Maybe its' wishful thinking, but I am starting to subscribe to the notion that they are partially producing refresh Ses. I have not seen any reports that the S/X line is idled, so they have to be doing something? Maybe there is as supply chain or regulatory issue that is stopping them for completing the builds, but that would not mean they cannot get cars started. IIRC, something similar happened with the initial Model X deliveries, where they had a supply chain issue and shipped mostly finished cars to the stores then completed assembly there as parts came in.

I suspect they may be building them but still working on the software.

That said, if they are building them they must be somewhere, and I’m surprised nobody has gotten pictures.

I suspect they may be building them but still working on the software.

That said, if they are building them they must be somewhere, and I’m surprised nobody has gotten pictures.

Looks like there are more test cars around.

Attachments

• Euu-T8sUcAINP-U.jpg
    Euu-T8sUcAINP-U.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Euu-T7GVEAMksQr.jpg
    Euu-T7GVEAMksQr.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Euu-T75VEAA6O-0 (1).jpg
    Euu-T75VEAA6O-0 (1).jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 102
Looks like there are more test cars around.

Great find! Pretty sure that's where the cupholders were going to be, but nice to confirm. My #1 complaint about pre-refresh MS.

Other interesting bits:
  • "Hot rush" sticker on windshield?
  • Power connector behind door trim = ambient lighting?
  • Seats don't look white, but also don't look cream. I bet they're cream though.
  • Steering wheel controls look matte now (as opposed to piano black in the Ohio spotting)
  • I actually like the Tempest wheels :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Filter
Finally! I've been expecting for 1-2 weeks to start seeing these types of spy pics to popping up every day.

That interior pic seems to complicate my theory that there would be physical gear-selection over-rides next to the hazard button.