Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next Earnings Call! Yikes. Isn't that in June? I waited to order in Jan, as my garage was half full of stuff during our basement remodel. Now the remodel is done. I am ready. I suppose if we wait long enough, the 7K tax credit might be in affect before we take delivery? -- That with the 2K - (I have it in writing) discount for pre-refresh orders, would be nice?
Next earnings call should be in April-end : Tesla Investor Relations

I'd bet money on the following:
- We wont hear anything about the Model S Refresh until the next earnings call.
- We wont get the 2k discount for pre-refresh orders. Tesla will act like it was never mentioned. I can hear them now saying..."Well, it was never official."
- We will get an awesome car.
I think we will see April 1st - April 30th, then after a few days it will just say April...

If you believe the configurator, the front tires with 21" wheels are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/35/ZR21. This question is how accurate is this or did someone just grab some stock art.

1616007299927.png

I saw the Pilot Sport 4S's on there and frankly that was what made it *slightly* easier to swallow the 4500.00 upcharge for the 21's. I ran them on my previous 2 cars and IMO they're the best all around "I like to get on it but I also like to get more than 5,000 miles out of them" tire on the planet. I went with the 21's, so I better see them on my ride if/when it gets built.

What's concerning is -

1. NO ONE has received a VIN
  2. Both Plaid and LR models are affected.
  3. The majority of us have a March estimated delivery
  4. Tesla Order Support is clueless
  5. The original schedule delivery date Feb 15th onwards have been missed by more than a month.

That about sums up the last few dozen pages...

Now, what are you going to do about it?

What's concerning is -

5. The original schedule delivery date Feb 15th onwards have been missed by more than a month.
I thought the majority of us have a “we will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date” estimation.

Reactions: elguapo
Since the refresh conversion, mine has said "prepare for delivery"
Mine too! I am so glad that I did not run my credit yet though. My SA was really pushing for it back in February and swore that cars would be delivered in March. When I asked her about the 4-11 week delivery time frame, she said that only applied to new orders and that since I ordered before the refresh, I'd get "priority" for March. LOL so much for that reassurance!

Interesting, I had originally ordered a MS LR with FSD on January 31st. Then about a week later called my SA to change to a Plaid and eliminate the FSD. I just left a message because, as you know SA’s are never available. They must have other jobs. He finally called me a few days later and said he will make the changes and my order number will stay the same and therefore won’t lose my place in line. The changes showed up 2 days later under my same account number. I’m hoping he’s right but I’m not counting on it. I’ll be happy to get the car in May, especially if the federal tax credit kicks back in. Or tomorrow, then I’d be dancing on a cloud.
I was told you can move between LR and Plaid, but not from LR/Plaid <=>Plaid +. Something about the larger deposit on the +. So my desire to “downgrade” caused me to reset.

What's concerning is -

They're having a problem, and they're keeping quiet about it. People just need to wait until they're ready to communicate or start delivering cars. Many people in the past have waited a long time for their cars. I don't think the S and X are at the top of Tesla's priority list.