Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Future Model S and X Owners,

The Virtual Orientation invite went out to S and X orders in error. We will be extending an invite to our future S and X owners when we have a refreshed model ready for delivery. You are welcome to attend this orientation, however it will only cover our Models 3 and Y. Stay tuned for future orientation invites on our refresh S and X Models.
Yep, same here. So much for the teaser.

View attachment 645992

I got this today: (I withheld the name)

[Name witheld]@tesla.com​

10:02 AM (3 hours ago)
Hello Future Model S and X Owners,

The Virtual Orientation invite went out to S and X orders in error. We will be extending an invite to our future S and X owners when we have a refreshed model ready for delivery. You are welcome to attend this orientation, however it will only cover our Models 3 and Y. Stay tuned for future orientation invites on our refresh S and X Models.

Very nice but I wonder why some got it and not others.

All i want is a review before i get delivery

Reactions: TNGuy99

I can tell you right now, the review will make you want the car faster. This Refresh is awesome, interior wise. Exterior wise is fine. Not a big fan of the rear headlights but hey, I don’t drive from outside the car.

Reactions: elguapo
The ones that *mistakenly* received the email are the ones at the end of the delivery line 😛
Oh well, I didn't have a VIN before I received the email and I still don't so I guess I'm even. This too, will pass.
I'll just have to make do with my old truck for now.
2021-03-06 18.00.00.jpg

I can tell you right now, the review will make you want the car faster. This Refresh is awesome, interior wise. Exterior wise is fine. Not a big fan of the rear headlights but hey, I don’t drive from outside the car.
I had two reasons to do a test drive before committing to the order: 1) check build quality, and 2) see if I like the yoke.

At this point it's down to one reason (yoke), so I can decide if I want it (in case I'm actually given a choice.)

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
I had two reasons to do a test drive before committing to the order: 1) check build quality, and 2) see if I like the yoke.

At this point it's down to one reason (yoke), so I can decide if I want it (in case I'm actually given a choice.)

You will be given a choice - take the yoke or not...
Seriously, I think the yoke will be fine. It is like peeing in a strong wind and not getting any on your feet - just takes practice.

That person literally wrote an article about a Twitter post. Captain Obvious alert. Just shows everyone is desperate for info. I am surprised they didn’t get into more detail about each car having four tires, a clear windshield, etc.

You will be given a choice - take the yoke or not...
Seriously, I think the yoke will be fine. It is like peeing in a strong wind and not getting any on your feet - just takes practice.
I have no idea if they'll offer a choice of steering devices, but somehow I have a feeling that if the yoke is standard equipment on the LR, they'll offer customers the option of reverting to a regular wheel. This is totally conjecture, but I would think there's a lot of customers who just wouldn't want a yoke because it's too WEIRD. Personally I love the idea, but I expected to be given the option to downgrade to a wheel if I didn't want a yoke. I'll of course (happily) take the yoke if it's the yoke way or the highway LOL.