Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only other explanation for the late orders that are coming out in June Maybe that Tesla will prioritize those across the country first because it's going to take a little longer to get there and they want to be able to get some out for Q2 and then start Q3 off with a bunch in California.

That's a wild ass guess but hopefully the only explanation lol.

California always gets delivered late in the quarter. Tesla will almost certainly maximize deliveries for each quarter, which means that if cars are rolling out for delivery late in Q2 (such that they won't make it out to the East Coast in time for Q2 delivery) they will get pushed to California / West Coast recipients first, regardless of when those individuals placed their order. Tesla will then allocate early-to-mid Q3 deliveries out to the east coast / Midwest before again allocating late Q3 deliveries to the West Coast, rinse and repeat.

California always gets delivered late in the quarter. Tesla will almost certainly maximize deliveries for each quarter, which means that if cars are rolling out for delivery late in Q2 (such that they won't make it out to the East Coast in time for Q2 delivery) they will get pushed to California / West Coast recipients first, regardless of when those individuals placed their order. Tesla will then allocate early-to-mid Q3 deliveries out to the east coast / Midwest before again allocating late Q3 deliveries to the West Coast, rinse and repeat.
I think the only wild card this time how much shipping capacity they can access to get things moved out to the midwest and east coast. I am guessing they let contracts lapse while the line was shut down, so it is going to depend somewhat on how quickly they can get that spun back up.

Welp, it was August earlier for mine (MSM LR purchased late March) and now says

Estimated Delivery: June 22 - June 30​

Woo hoo! Hope it sticks :)

I think this is all very promising. It seems like they told the coders to add three weeks (21 days) to the beginning date of the delivery date range for some orders, which reflects (for the first time) that there is some serious thinking going on about delivery logistics. If this theory is correct, I would actually expect to get mine (with a delivery date of June 1 to June 30) closer to June 1 than to June 22.

I think the only wild card this time how much shipping capacity they can access to get things moved out to the midwest and east coast. I am guessing they let contracts lapse while the line was shut down, so it is going to depend somewhat on how quickly they can get that spun back up.

Exactly. If the capacity is not there, those deliveries will get pushed to CA. Keep in mind Tesla purchased a trucking company several years ago, so it has non-rail shipping assets in-house.

Reactions: T-Racer
I just think, no chance in hell all of us are getting these things in June. No way.
There is nothing to suggest that the new estimates are accurate. I have orders in for two refreshed Model S cars. One for myself and one I’m getting for my parents.

My car - Ordered 2/7/2021. RN1144 LR MSM / White interior / 21” arachnids Originally March 1-31 then April, July, August this morning and now June 1-30th

Parents - Ordered 4/25/2021 RN1148 LR Black / Black / 19” 10-14 weeks to August and now June 1-30

These orders were 11 weeks apart with presumably thousands of orders between and they are showing the same delivery date.

Something doesn’t add up. I DON’T BUY IT!

e2809cfool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice-shame-on-me-e2809d-success-daily-reminder-khairi...jpg

Weren't the 3 and Y delivered the same way as the S and X?

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot