Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most likely none of this is true.
I agree. I called the Torrance, CA Tesla store to ask what my order date was. He looked it up, gave me the date and said "expect your car in the fall". I said that my estimated delivery date range is 06-01 - 06-30 and he said "well maybe you'll get it by then". He also mumbled something about fulfilling late October - Early November orders before they got to my order which he said has no production slot yet, whatever that means. These SAs have been shooting from the hip for months and I wish they would be mindful of the fact that buyers on the other end of the phone are actually entitled to legitimate responses.

Does anyone know the expiration for the loan approval for those financing through Tesla? I was one of the fools that believed Elon when he stated they will start delivering in March and applied for financing at that time... today marks 90 days... I presume I will be notified that I will have to reapply tomorrow or switch to cash payment until we have a more definitive timeline (aka VIN). My account still shows June 1-30 delivery, but expect that will change for me tomorrow if it is indeed a 90 day window.

Just got off the phone with SA, who didn't sound all that confident about anything, so take this with a massive grain of salt. His info:
1. Plaids are coming first, starting in last weeks of June
2. Likely that black interior models could be shipped before white
3. Yoke will go on Plaid, standard wheel on LR. This was even admitted to be speculation, and certainly doesn't sound true, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.

Oh yeah this is BS lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Leodoc and elguapo
Only point #2 may have any truth. Others are insulting grains of salt
There are some shreds of data to back up black interiors delivered before white.

The drone footage looks to be almost entirely black.

The Google Docs spreadsheet has few white cars listed, but none have any delivery dates that seem firm.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
There are some shreds of data to back up black interiors delivered before white.

The Google Docs spreadsheet has few white cars listed, but none have any delivery dates that seem firm.

they arent putting wheels in LR.

Production runs in batch, wouldn't read too much from it

I'll be honest, I'd rather my showroom get one first. At least want to see/touch it.
When I ordered May 1 and asked about the Yoke, my SA said that they would have Yokes and that he was told that they would be getting Model S demo cars to try NEXT MONTH and I could try it out at that time. So this statement is consistent with the other but take it for what it's worth (nothing) because it seems like everything with this car since Musk's first statement after the end of Q4 is "next month".

Still, I am masochistically checking and excited to see a demo car thinking its next month now (when in reality it's probably "next month" again).

When I ordered May 1 and asked about the Yoke, my SA said that they would have Yokes and that he was told that they would be getting Model S demo cars to try NEXT MONTH and I could try it out at that time. So this statement is consistent with the other but take it for what it's worth (nothing) because it seems like everything with this car since Musk's first statement after the end of Q4 is "next month".

Still, I am masochistically checking and excited to see a demo car thinking its next month now (when in reality it's probably "next month" again).
hmmmm 🤦‍♂️

Just got off the phone with SA, who didn't sound all that confident about anything, so take this with a massive grain of salt. His info:
3. Yoke will go on Plaid, standard wheel on LR. This was even admitted to be speculation, and certainly doesn't sound true, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.
Do my eyes deceive me? Just check out Gabe's latest flyover. I don't see a spoiler on a blue on top here (which is PLAID only) nor a round steering wheel.

- Flyover

1621272243011.png

I purchased a car with yoke steering. If it arrives without it, I will most likely cancel my order. Not because I am sold on yoke steering, but because it is not what I paid for.

I don't believe a single word any has SA said so far. I know a guy, sold me my first S in 2015, that is pretty high up the food chain now at Tesla and he honestly said there is no word whatsoever as of last Friday coming out of Fremont. I genuinely think we will know more from VINs hitting our apps / account / emails before anything substantive comes from Tesla proper.
I am with ya on this. I tend to trust my SA as he has not once claimed to know anything beyond the obvious and has said his only indication cars are shipping is the techs get called into training. That's it. He has been honest about not knowing sugar about deliveries, steering wheel options, etc... He's even said "if anyone outside of Fremont claims to know anything, they're probably lying.

Reactions: boonedocks
I know it is a BOT, but I got another damn text from Tesla today titled "Do you have charging installed at home?"
It is my own fault for being feeble minded and also saving the number in my contacts as Tesla. I immediately thought I was getting good news of some kind...should have known better. 😒

Really is like they're toying with us sometimes!

I got a quote from my insurance (State Farm) replacing my '17 MS 75 with refresh. I expected a huge difference (just in value alone). Bottom line was it will be about $50 more per year! Surprised the heck out of me that it was such a small increase.
Insurance companies are still adjusting their tools with limited data available on EV. It'll take some more time before they add criteria like hp, torque etc. So, enjoy paying less money towards insurance till such time.

I can tell you that this tracking sheet is about as accurate as any SA statement. Every time I check it my info is wrong, too many people don't understand how to add a row at the bottom and to fill out each column. So every time I update my info, I know someone else's is now wrong. FWIW, white on black with 6/1-6/30 dates.