Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up taking comp/collision off my 2015 P85D the last few years because my insurance went UP every year as the value cratered. So it’s no surprise that getting a slight increase by replacing a current Tesla, unless unlike me you’re insurance has been going down.
You might rethink keeping comprehensive and Collision Coverage on your 2015 P85D. On March 30 of this year an uninsured driver broadsided my 2015 P85D-L, resulting in the car being declared a total loss. USAA, my insurer, has agreed to pay $72,800 for the total loss. This is based on a very high appraisal because the car had only 23,000 miles and was equipped with almost every available Tesla option, including dual chargers and the ludicrous upgrade; my policy also had a provision adding 20% to the settlement of a total loss. Nevertheless, any good policy would be extremely valuable should your car be involved in a total loss accident—which is more likely to occur in a Tesla because of their high repair costs.

Here's to hoping VINs get assigned this week :)

I hope I didn't screw myself by updating my interior color. Just noticed my order date changed in my purchase agreement to 5/15. So now back of the line I go haha. Womp.
I don't know that this matters. I changed from LR to Plaid on 5/5 (original order begining of March). Order number stayed the same (1146). Order agreement date changed to 5/5. And now showing June 1 - 30 delivery window.

Reactions: doubleshot
I don't know that this matters. I changed from LR to Plaid on 5/5 (original order begining of March). Order number stayed the same (1146). Order agreement date changed to 5/5. And now showing June 1 - 30 delivery window.

If the RN stayed the same you are still good. When we converted the S and X from prefresh to refresh, we rec'd a new dated Order Agreement but our RN remained.

Reactions: doubleshot
Traditionally, July is a short production month for automakers and suppliers. Will Tesla cut down the off-time due to the heavy demand?
I think that summer slowdown is typically due to new model year retooling. I don't think anyone expects Tesla to shut down he Fremont S/X line for retooling in July!
But I do assume at some point in Q3 they switch some production to MX from MS.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I don't know that this matters. I changed from LR to Plaid on 5/5 (original order beginning of March). Order number stayed the same (1146). Order agreement date changed to 5/5. And now showing June 1 - 30 delivery window.
I did the same thing and my SA made me cancel my MS LR order (bastards needed my 100$ that bad?) My original order was 03/19 1146 RN, got new one on 4/2 1148

I did the same thing and my SA made me cancel my MS LR order (bastards needed my 100$ that bad?) My original order was 03/19 1146 RN, got new one on 4/2 1148

I called about changing my MS LR color this weekend and was told something similar, that I would basically be getting in the back of the line. Wasn't worth it for me, sticking with White!

Reactions: Drew-MS
Interesting observation (not mine): My wife was with some friends in Palm Springs having "snacks & alcohol" and she told me she saw what appeared to be a new MS MSM blacked out with paper (California temporary) plate on the rear. From my view this could be from:
1. Delivery to "VIP" (Bill Gates, or others) with $MM vacation homes in the area
2. Used, blacked out MS just purchased and has temp plates
3. Too much alcohol
4. I imagined the whole conversation
Could be 3. If she was at Cactus Jacks, in Palm Dessert, the last time I had 2 Bloody Mary's there my wife thought I had a stroke.
(Also maybe 1. Larry Ellison has a place in Palm Desert and Bill Gates is hiding out from the wrath of the press and Melinda at the Reserve in Indian Wells).

Last edited: