Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who reserved a Plaid the actual day Plaid was announced (ie not a previous order that was converted, and not after), what’s your rez #?
I was halfway thru day 1 as I recall, and I’m 1144. I’m seeing pre-plaid-announcement orders in 1142’s - that’s a spread of thousands & thousands of orders, can they really produce that many vehicles for delivery in June? Guessing not.

For those who reserved a Plaid the actual day Plaid was announced (ie not a previous order that was converted, and not after), what’s your rez #?
I was halfway thru day 1 as I recall, and I’m 1144. I’m seeing pre-plaid-announcement orders in 1142’s - that’s a spread of thousands & thousands of orders, can they really produce that many vehicles for delivery in June? Guessing not.
The RN number are for all Teslas, include Model 3 and Model Y. I believe that is worldwide.

If I was given the option to pick up my car in the next week or two at the Fremont factory, I’d book a flight in a heartbeat. I’d be happy to drive it home.
I would absolutely go pick it up from Fremont next week if given the option. As it is, I will be flying to Houston on deliver day, signing paperwork, and driving back to New Orleans. I'll have a cool 6 hours to play with everything.

This is really frustrating... Others are getting updates twice or thrice daily (for better or worse?), and here I am with no update at all! I even chatted with Tesla support to check if there is any issue with my profile receiving updates 🤔🧐...
I would consider yourself lucky. When you say for better or worse - I would definitely emphasize "worse". I would prefer no updates at this point to the constant up and down seesaw of daily delivery date changes. I am getting motion sickness and want off of this roller coaster.

My new delivery date is now August even though my signature still says June. I figure why even change it since I will probably have a new date or a blank date in a few hours. With the dates changing as rapidly as they are, I would consider them meaningless. The new dates appear to be as accurate as my original March delivery date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Dave
Tesla should be happy to allow customers to pick up their cars at the factory.
Anyone know if that’s an option ?
I think it is, or at least it was. I was going to do it for one of my cars, the issue is the state of CA collects sales tax -IN ADDITION TO- whatever your state charges when you take delivery in CA and drive it home. Pretty much makes it only a feasible option if you live in CA.

Tesla should be happy to allow customers to pick up their cars at the factory.
Anyone know if that’s an option ?
When I ordered mine in January I was told factory delivery was no longer an option. Asked my SA to check yesterday since Covid restrictions are relaxed. Hopefully he’ll say that’s back on. Would save Tesla shipping costs and they still collect destination fee but might speed up delivery a few days.

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS