Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly something is awry. All of my vehicles have disappeared.
2018 Model 3 & 2018 Models S
Plus all the cars we have on order.
Cybertruck
Model S Plaid+
Referral Roadster
Model S long range

Only Solar powerwall & a tee shirt showing up.
The app is also missing all of my referrals (70) and my free supercharging miles (over 102K) in the loot box

Cybertruck
Model S Plaid plus
Model S long range
Yep. Same here but whatever they've been working on, they've been working on it since yesterday. Something tells me that it could be like...accounts up/down, same estimated delivery date, changed estimated delivery date, and very erratic until the "MS Plaid delivery release" event on 6/3/21, lol. Hope not, but it's possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 6.13.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 6.13.59 PM.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 57
My MS had few glitches while driving where the center console rebooted three times so far... first when it happened, I was waiting at a STOP signal and was wondering whether call will move or not... but when i pressed accelerator after having emergency lights turned ON (not sure whether the lights were even ON coz there's no single light/indicator that worked in the car, the car moved but took almost few minutes for any display to come back. When i reported the issue, they checked the vehicle logs and said vehicle didn't lose power. Unsure whether it has any kind of backup/reserve power to operate when central console gets reset for any reasons.
MCU is totally unrelated to driving

Reactions: croman
Sure, I can see the screen freezes & reboots being a problem in the Tesla's (and in many vehicles now & then actually) but what I'm talking about and what occurred in my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV and apparently what's being investigated in the Porche Taycans now by the NHTSA is a TOTAL LOSS of POWER where the EV just suddenly without warning shuts down while driving in the middle of the road. Crazy and dangerous!!!! In my Jaguar I-Pace, the problem was some connection failure to charge the smaller aux battery, so the system just SHUT everything down and I coasted to a stop in the middle of the road (with traffic all around me...not fun). Sounds like some of the Porsche Taycans are having the same problem! o_O
This Model S refresh will be my 6th Tesla. I have never experienced what you are describing. I have been stranded in a Tesla, but not because of a mechanical issue. Blowouts from 21” wheels is another story entirely.

Yep. Same here but whatever they've been working on, they've been working on it since yesterday. Something tells me that it could be like...accounts up/down, same estimated delivery date, changed estimated delivery date, and very erratic until the "MS Plaid delivery release" event on 6/3/21, lol. Hope not, but it's possible.
Now everything changed again. For the first time in a long time there is an image for the plaid plus reservation that was placed on the day it was originally announced. (battery day). Although it doesn’t say plaid +. Just Model S.
But now the image for the roadster is gone.
Also re-checked the app and referrals have reappeared however the 102 K plus Supercharger miles are still gone.
46916376-4BA0-4B4D-AF6F-FEC675B0A553.jpeg

Last edited:
Now everything changed again. For the first time in a long time and there is an image for the plaid plus reservation that was placed on the day it was originally announced. (battery day). Although it doesn’t say plaid +. Just Model S.
But now the image for the roadster is gone.
Also re-checked the app and referrals have reappeared however the 102 K plus Supercharger miles are still gone.
View attachment 664764
Just checked and old screenshot and it always just said model S for the plaid +

Sure, I can see the screen freezes & reboots being a problem in the Tesla's (and in many vehicles now & then actually) but what I'm talking about and what occurred in my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV and apparently what's being investigated in the Porche Taycans now by the NHTSA is a TOTAL LOSS of POWER where the EV just suddenly without warning shuts down while driving in the middle of the road. Crazy and dangerous!!!! In my Jaguar I-Pace, the problem was some connection failure to charge the smaller aux battery, so the system just SHUT everything down and I coasted to a stop in the middle of the road (with traffic all around me...not fun). Sounds like some of the Porsche Taycans are having the same problem! o_O
I had my MCU1 reboot on me twice over 4 years. But the front display still worked. I had the MCU2 reboot on me once and the front display reboots too. It was a little jarring but the car itself was still working fine. I could still keep driving and reset while in motion. I do think that is one advantage with MCU1. The front display has its own computer.

I had a great experience with OptiCoat on my Model S - 8 years later, water still beaded like crazy and I could pretty much hose it off to clean it. Also Opticoated your X and 5 years later, water still beading on that too. The other benefit is it takes minimum maintenance--clay it once a year.
@omarsultan If you don’t mind me asking... how much was opticoat (and did you get full coverage or partial)? I’ve read positive reviews and am considering it.

Am I the only person here that hates PPF? I have had Expel, Stek and a couple of other high end films. I have had nothing but terrible experiences with them. I have had a few cars now with ppf coverings and they have all been disasters. I purchased my Model S P90DL from a private party that came with PPF. It looked awful and I decided to have it removed. Unfortunately, several sections of the car were permanently damaged when the film came off. After removal, several sections had areas of missing paint that looked like small chips everywhere.

I put Stek on my first Model 3. It wasn’t any easier to wash, and the film would actually stain and get oxidized. The problem is you can’t just polish it to correct imperfections. If you barely rub up against a surface the film tears and needs to be redone. If you have a painted surface that scratched because of an incident, the marks can usually just be polished out. Give me the ability to polish and do paint correction any day!

Some people swear by it and maybe I haven’t had the right product or installation shop, but in my book it seems to be an expensive scam.
I’ve had it on multiple cars installed by same guy since 2003. Infiniti G35c, Infiniti M45, Nissan GT-R, Ford Fusion, Ford Explorer, Tesla S, Tesla M.

Fabulous stuff. Looked great entire time. Peeled it off the M45 (8 years)and Fusion (4 years) when sold; paint and lights were pristine.

I'm pretty sure cars stalling out in the middle of traffic is a problem as old as cars. EV's do it for different reasons, but this isn't a new phenomenon.

Clearly something is awry. All of my vehicles have disappeared.
2018 Model 3 & 2018 Models S
Plus all the cars we have on order.
Cybertruck
Model S Plaid+
Referral Roadster
Model S long range

Only Solar powerwall & a tee shirt showing up.
The app is also missing all of my referrals (70) and my free supercharging miles (over 102K) in the loot box
Same here...

I'm pretty sure cars stalling out in the middle of traffic is a problem as old as cars. EV's do it for different reasons, but this isn't a new phenomenon.
Perhaps for those that often drive 25+ year old cars, that could be a common occurrence, but for those of us who only drive cars from this and last decade, sudden stalls or complete electrical and engine failures while driving without warning are likely < 1% chance.

The complete electrical shutdown of my 1st EV I drove, a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace was something I didn’t think would ever happen. Nearly got me killed but in the end, the problem was fixed and I drove on for another several months before I sold the vehicle this past March awaiting my Tesla MS Plaid. Just wanted to know if anyone who’s driven a Tesla before is aware of something like that happening with any Tesla EVs. Trust me that it’s not a pleasant experience no matter what kind of a car you’re driving.

I have the black hoverer too. My only guess is, as they are getting closer to production, maybe they are updating the configurator with additional options like the trunk jump seats that were mentioned a while back.
Hopefully some new wheel options. I would gladly pay more for other 19" or 20" wheel options. The 21" does not have enough rim to road rubber for me.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and JimLL
Perhaps for those that often drive 25+ year old cars, that could be a common occurrence, but for those of us who only drive cars from this and last decade, sudden stalls or complete electrical and engine failures while driving without warning are likely < 1% chance.

The complete electrical shutdown of my 1st EV I drove, a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace was something I didn’t think would ever happen. Nearly got me killed but in the end, the problem was fixed and I drove on for another several months before I sold the vehicle this past March awaiting my Tesla MS Plaid. Just wanted to know if anyone who’s driven a Tesla before is aware of something like that happening with any Tesla EVs. Trust me that it’s not a pleasant experience no matter what kind of a car you’re driving.
I agree with your points, but It's definitely not less than 1%. Cars have alternator failures ALL the time. Vacuum line issues, fuel injector failures, etc.

It sounds like the Porsche died because the 12V battery died. I agree its a problem that they need to address, but even newer vehicles can and do have malfunctions. You said it happened to you, and you don't drive older vehicles. Doesn't seem like less than 1% to me.

At least with EV's the only malfunction you can have is electrical. Eliminates a ton of failure points.

BTW, in the 17 years I owned my 27 year old car, it only died on me once. Alternator. Had it fixed in about 3 hours by a performance shop. I seriously doubt my Telsa will be as reliable as that Mitsubishi.

Last edited: