Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a serious question, not just a rant.. But coming from a first time Tesla-on-order-wanna-be-buyer: Why is the demand so high from such a POS company?? I'm a successful business owner myself (obviously not on Elon's scale) but if I ran my business even partially like Tesla with just a *sugar* load of hype, empty promises, no PR just-take-my-money, ZERO customer service, maybe we'll give you a car one day?... well, myself and anybody else would have been out of business a long time ago.

How is it that so many people are willing to just throw a hundred dollars at Tesla to place an order and then spend months (or years) anticipating getting something one day when you don't even really know what your actually buying? It seems to me to be an amazing business model that goes against all free market competition rules of success.

Honestly after placing my MS Plaid order a month ago and following this board since, and seeing all of your "stories".. I think I would be more than happy to buy (supposedly?) less of a car for more money from a competitor that had even the slightest inkling of what customer service is. Maybe let my dollar count for some real innovation in the EV market!

I mean this whole June /July / August / September / October online flip-flop delivery estimate (with everybody constantly refreshing the page like it means anything) is just absolute BS.. There are no monkeys working behind the scene, nobody has to take the website offline to update a delivery date or supply a VIN. If there are website updates going on it will simply be temporarily unavailable, available, or maybe errors. Anything else (like constantly flip-flopping dates) is most definitely just intentional *sugar* by Tesla to generate more talk and hype.

So seriously.. why support such a POS company with an order or buying a vehicle? It seems to me that at this point in time and with just a little bit of support, many other competitors are ready to step up and deliver more in the EV market?

This is a serious question, not just a rant.. But coming from a first time Tesla-on-order-wanna-be-buyer: Why is the demand so high from such a POS company?? I'm a successful business owner myself (obviously not on Elon's scale) but if I ran my business even partially like Tesla with just a *sugar* load of hype, empty promises, no PR just-take-my-money, ZERO customer service, maybe we'll give you a car one day?... well, myself and anybody else would have been out of business a long time ago.

How is it that so many people are willing to just throw a hundred dollars at Tesla to place an order and then spend months (or years) anticipating getting something one day when you don't even really know what your actually buying? It seems to me to be an amazing business model that goes against all free market competition rules of success.

Honestly after placing my MS Plaid order a month ago and following this board since, and seeing all of your "stories".. I think I would be more than happy to buy (supposedly?) less of a car for more money from a competitor that had even the slightest inkling of what customer service is. Maybe let my dollar count for some real innovation in the EV market!

I mean this whole June /July / August / September / October online flip-flop delivery estimate (with everybody constantly refreshing the page like it means anything) is just absolute BS.. There are no monkeys working behind the scene, nobody has to take the website offline to update a delivery date or supply a VIN. If there are website updates going on it will simply be temporarily unavailable, available, or maybe errors. Anything else (like constantly flip-flopping dates) is most definitely just intentional *sugar* by Tesla to generate more talk and hype.

So seriously.. why support such a POS company with an order or buying a vehicle? It seems to me that at this point in time and with just a little bit of support, many other competitors are ready to step up and deliver more in the EV market?
Oh boy

It does seems to me that Tesla has the hard part (tech, EV fundamentals, charging infrastructure, etc,) done right but got the easy part wrong. I get and am okay with the delays, they do happen, especially if it's something on the bleeding edge, but it seems to me that it wouldn't really be that hard to just send out emails to your reservation holders to say we're sorry it's been delayed and we are trying our best to get your car delivered in August. While I think most of us would still be upset, but it would definitely help ease the pain and anxiety of refreshing the page and seeing June 1 - 30, July, August, June 21 - 30, - , (empty), August, June, August, and so on....

Last edited:
Reactions: Leojsayta

Because there really isn’t any competition. Every other “competitor” is missing one or two key ingredients. The mix of performance, styling, range, charging network, software, and autopilot is a combination that the market definitely wants more than they care about customer service or promised dates.

It's all about the product. They've pissed off plenty with their delays and poor customer service, but when demand still far exceeds their capacity, they have no major motivation to improve it.

The guys before me said it perfectly so all I'm gonna add is it's the most fun car I've ever owned so I deal with it 🤦🏻‍♂️

What is the inventive to work harder at customer service if you are already outpacing supply? Sucks for all of us who just want the real deal, but the product is so good that the attitude doesn't matter. Might for some people (as those who have been in this support group have seen), but most just complain and wait

I seriously think all auto companies are waiting for chips out of China for certain model cars. It's probably a sensitive subject area to call China out on it. I think the lack of info out of Tesla surely means they have no idea when the parts will arrive. I can wait but if it arrives in Fall I hope it's labeled a 2022 to avoid a 10K hit in value a couple months later.
China has no ability to produce advanced chips. Tesla's custom chips are made at TSMC (Taiwan) or Samsung.

Gabeincal released another flyover video tonight. Appropriately titled “Tesla Fremont Flyover. S deliveries begin May 23”. Lots of activity in logistics/ loading lot. It will be released to general public tomorrow. Support Gabeincal’s Patreon account....he’s our window into Tesla Fremont activity

Attachments

• 148605E9-CA60-46B2-89A0-9750D0C35BD3.png
    148605E9-CA60-46B2-89A0-9750D0C35BD3.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 140
I don’t believe any of the dates. When I see people getting VINs I will pay attention. I see guys ordering in March with June dates. I ordered my tuxedo S with 21” wheels in December. And I don’t have a date anymore.
screwed up website
Yeah, I don't think the dates right now mean anything, just a place holder most likely. But it's fun to dream!!!!

The car will be amazing. I’ve said it many times here before; if my P100D (an early P100D) was my all time fav car, then new Plaid model S wil probably be every owners all time fav car. I expect it to be one of the best cars ever produced. The prior Tesla owners here probably agree with me. So that’s why we’re still here dealing with all the nonsense. There’s no other car (under $1M) that I’d rather have.

Where else can you spend just $100 and get the kind of entertainment we’re having on this forum.

This is a serious question, not just a rant.. But coming from a first time Tesla-on-order-wanna-be-buyer: Why is the demand so high from such a POS company??
This was my reaction. In fact I got so impatient I went and bought the 2016 MS P90D in my profile pic to enjoy while I wait. Have you driven one? There's nothing like it.

Look at most of the so-called competitors and you will find their product is far more vaporware than what Tesla is selling and the best you can do is preorder for 2022/2023. Nobody else is shipping anything like it.

I hope they get their stuff together because long term it will eventually cost them, but they have nothing to worry about at the moment as long as they keep shipping great cars, even if it's very late.