Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The point of the EV incentive is to provide a $ incentive to buy an EV rather than a polluting ICE car. So a $10K incentive that causes someone to buy a base M3 instead of an Accord still costs the Feds $10K, but results in replacing a 30MPG car with an EV. Good.

But the $10K incentive on a $150K car results in replacing a 10MPG car with an EV. Isn't the more value and benefit to the environment for the same cost?

Why continue to encourage high-end high-polluting luxury and super cars when there would be far more bang-for-the-buck to extend the EV incentive to this group?

I emailed my congressman both senators and the president. I suggest others do as well:

The point is that $10k isn't going to provide a meaningful incentive to people who can afford $80k+ cars. You have people on here saying they switched to Plaid ($40k more), despite not caring about the extra power, because they will get it maybe two months quicker. You have people on here who have paid $10k for FSD even though the majority of industry experts say it will never exist. Nobody here is deciding between EV and ICE based on $10k.

I'm wondering if the attribute "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true from the web page is the same thing. That's what I have (ie not matched). Does anyone see a value of "false" here? For those with narrow June delivery timeframes or with Plaid orders, would you please check and let us know? I would think those with value of false here will see their deliveries in June. (From your browser, view the page source and search for this)

I have the same code. I think it could mean any number of things.

isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true

Any LR owners get a call to switch? If they called me and asked me to switch to plaid and I could get a direct answer from them promising me a June delivery I probably would. If anyone else gets a call can you please ask about LR deliveries?

Spoke to my SA and he said if I switched now to Plaid, I would lose my $2k discount and move to the back of the line. Back of the line could be June (or could not).

Reactions: T-Racer
Got a call from Tesla yesterday asking if I wanted to change my order from Plaid+ to Plaid. We talked for about 5 minutes then I told the caller no. I had thought about it but the range 520+ range of the Plaid+ is a critical factor for me.

Anyone else get a call like that?
That's probably why they called me to talk about my Plaid+ order before I asked about the status of my Plaid order hah.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
Spoke to my SA and he said if I switched now to Plaid, I would lose my $2k discount and move to the back of the line. Back of the line could be June (or could not).
Back of the line? That's hilarious! We all know that the notion of some magical FIFO single file line is a myth. The only way to move to the front is to max out the option list.
  • Order the Plaid
  • Don't choose white
  • Add the 21" Arachnids
  • Add FSD
Choose a CA pickup location so you can get it before the end of June. Guess what? You just moved to the front of the line like a Rockstar or a UFC fighter!

I just tried this and I'm feeling like Joe Rogan. Bring on the VIP treatment!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the attribute "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true from the web page is the same thing. That's what I have (ie not matched). Does anyone see a value of "false" here? For those with narrow June delivery timeframes or with Plaid orders, would you please check and let us know? I would think those with value of false here will see their deliveries in June. (From your browser, view the page source and search for this)
Page source lists "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin":true" for me as well. Note that I have a White/Black LR on order and last weekend my delivery transitioned to blank (not even a dash). Original order date of Dec 11.

For those of you that have ordered FSD. Do you have the option to remove the FSD package at any time, or is the option to remove only available for a limited time period? Is the Remove Full Self-Driving button below always there?

View attachment 666967
Once i added it, there was a pop up wi down that said i could not remove it once i proceeded. I added it after my order.

Any LR owners get a call to switch? If they called me and asked me to switch to plaid and I could get a direct answer from them promising me a June delivery I probably would. If anyone else gets a call can you please ask about LR deliveries?
I did, which was what got me to switch. While my SA was confident they could get me into a Plaid in June, they still had no info on LRs. BTW, I trust these folks have have worked with them since the Rocklin store opened, so I don't think they were trying to talk me into an upgrade.

For those of you that have ordered FSD. Do you have the option to remove the FSD package at any time, or is the option to remove only available for a limited time period? Is the Remove Full Self-Driving button below always there?
For my LR order (from 2/1) there has always be an button to remove FSD - I am not sure of the implications of pressing the button.

If I ordered a plaid+, I would not be certain that the car will ever be produced.
This is a fair point. The differentiation between the Plaid and Plaid+ comes down to the range from the new batteries*. It might be that at some point they just switch over to building Plaids with the new cells and maybe there is a "+" option like they had with the P85 way back when.

* yes I know there is 0-60 in 1.99s vs <1.99s but seriously, how meaningful is that
“reservation isn’t matched”
What does that even mean?
I have a post about 500 pages back on this. Once cars are produced, they are allocated to stores and the stores will then match their allocation against open orders--this is a lot of what SAs do, match orders, horse trade VINs with other stores etc. What the message means is they don't have an allocated VIN that matches your order specs yet. This is why its also important to be nice to your SA.

Once i added it, there was a pop up wi down that said i could not remove it once i proceeded. I added it after my order.
Do you now have the option to remove it with a button since you added it after the original order?

This is interesting -
cubsnlinux never had the option to remove FSD
omarsultan has had the option to remove the FSD package since order date on 2/1.

I wonder what is going on here. Anyone else with a FSD remove button on their account?

Last edited:
Reactions: dfinn1
The point is that $10k isn't going to provide a meaningful incentive to people who can afford $80k+ cars. You have people on here saying they switched to Plaid ($40k more), despite not caring about the extra power, because they will get it maybe two months quicker. You have people on here who have paid $10k for FSD even though the majority of industry experts say it will never exist. Nobody here is deciding between EV and ICE based on $10k.
That is because everybody here has already decided to go EV. Outside of our world 98% of the people at present are choosing ICE. The incentive is part of the way to change that.

I did, which was what got me to switch. While my SA was confident they could get me into a Plaid in June, they still had no info on LRs. BTW, I trust these folks have have worked with them since the Rocklin store opened, so I don't think they were trying to talk me into an upgrade.

For my LR order (from 2/1) there has always be an button to remove FSD - I am not sure of the implications of pressing the button.

This is a fair point. The differentiation between the Plaid and Plaid+ comes down to the range from the new batteries*. It might be that at some point they just switch over to building Plaids with the new cells and maybe there is a "+" option like they had with the P85 way back when.

* yes I know there is 0-60 in 1.99s vs <1.99s but seriously, how meaningful is that

I have a post about 500 pages back on this. Once cars are produced, they are allocated to stores and the stores will then match their allocation against open orders--this is a lot of what SAs do, match orders, horse trade VINs with other stores etc. What the message means is they don't have an allocated VIN that matches your order specs yet. This is why its also important to be nice to your SA.