Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just try comparing cargo capacity.
For the 3, they say 15 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the Y, they say 68 cu ft, which is with the seats folded down.
For the S, they say 28 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the X, the specs section doesn’t say anything, but elsewhere it says 91 cu ft (presumably with seats folded)

Now answer me this: which has more cargo space? The S or the Y?
The Y (S has 60cuft with seats down).

My SA got my hopes up this afternoon... we have been playing phone tag and I sent him a text stating I would call him right back. His text response:
"Ok but I can let you know that you have received a vin yet."

It's a good thing he ended the sentence with "yet"... as that clearly indicated that he accidentally omitted the "not" in his response.

My status is still blank. At this point I don't expect any additional updates until June 3.

Additional note: my SA confirmed that no Model S LR or Model S Plaid VINs have been assigned for my store location (Raleigh NC).

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
I spotted a Plaid Model S at Fremont, looked pretty dirty from presumably road testing. Managed to take a pic of the window sticker.

Definitely looks like the screen is more flush and has lost the ability to tilt as previously speculated. Looks great, yoke there and all the trim pieces as well. Sticker on pillar said it was built in May. Also just noticed the parcel shelf looks different from the current S, which is welcome.

View attachment 667306

View attachment 667307

View attachment 667309

Love that you took a picture of the window sticker. MS Plaid with FSD & 21" Arachnid wheels BUT strange that the window sticker says CF indoor trim yet the indoor trim is clearly the wood paneling (which btw, I personally think looks low quality and cheap). I wonder what happened to the CF trim???? So, the sticker says CF but it was swapped out for the wood trim...bad choice, imho. Also - sorry folks who ordered the blue exterior...not a huge fan. Too bad Tesla didn't do that super neat flat light blue that Porsche/Audi has...now that's a cool unique blue color (picture of the Taycan in that unique blue color).

Attachments

• 2020-Porsche-Taycan-4S_2-1.jpg
    2020-Porsche-Taycan-4S_2-1.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Just try comparing cargo capacity.
For the 3, they say 15 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the Y, they say 68 cu ft, which is with the seats folded down.
For the S, they say 28 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the X, the specs section doesn’t say anything, but elsewhere it says 91 cu ft (presumably with seats folded)

Now answer me this: which has more cargo space? The S or the Y?
Yeah, if you work in marketing, you have no soul.

I have had a MSLR on order since March. In early May, on my order page appeared a delivery date of "August". I noticed today that "August" has been removed and a delivery timeline estimate no longer exists on the page. So frustrating. Their communication sucks beyond words. The sales people at the service centers have no info either. I get better info from this community.

Reactions: MattCharleston
Maybe Tesla is saying, you're a Pussy if you didn't order the PLAID? 🤣
Seriously considering if this Plaid reservation really comes first I may do it. It's a big increase though and I just don't need anything like that lol. I literally drive 5 minutes to work. I just want the LR for the longer road trips I take to south GA once a month.

The Y (S has 60cuft with seats down).
It was rhetorical 😉 But you missed the point that the answer is different depending on whether you are measuring with seats up or folded down. And the website is manipulative in how it represents cargo space differently for different vehicles - the S and Y are way more similar in cargo space than it leads you to believe.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnselmDante