Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NO WAY I would order Plaid right now for June delivery. Check out the recent drone footage of the number of new Plaids Tesla has sitting all over the factory property in Fremont....behind dumpsters, on dirt roads. Seems to be a production *sugar* show right now. No thanks on such an early version. Elon has even said in the past the HE would NEVER buy one of the first new Tesla models that rolls off the line.
This unfortunately carries a lot of truth to it. Early adopters pay for issues... without a doubt.

Reactions: JimLL
I’m refreshing the page dozens of times hoping to find an estimated delivery date , I’m not trying to make the process go faster. If we were notified when our account information changed, there would be no need to refresh. I’ve been sharing a car with my teenager since January and trying to determine whether to go buy a beater car in the interim, but have no idea how long the interim period is. I like the anticipation as much as the next guy, but would also like a reasonably sized window for delivery commitment. Indefinite window is a bit painful.
I'm the same. Need a car for when I start going back into the office regularly in September. Or maybe the kid takes the bus and dad keeps waiting.

On the email idea.... They'd be flagged as spam within a day with how many times the date changes. ;-)

Reactions: GrnSqrl
This will be MS 2.0. At least I need to think of it that way as Tesla has learned lots over the last decade of building EVs.
One reason I'm happy that there will (probably) be some number of Plaid deliveries before they start working on the LR backlog: for the common features (i.e. most of them), any issues that arise have at least a chance of being corrected before they build/deliver mine. And I still hope mine is not one of the very first LRs delivered, for the same reason.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Early 1.0 of anything is not a good purchase decision. Period. And I am a Tesla fan and current owner, BTW.

Agree, history tells the truth. There has been no Tesla product where the first batches have been the most reliable or highest quality - quite the opposite for at least a few thousand cars or so. The S was like that a bit. The X was REALLY like that, and the Model 3 too with odd design issues. The Model Y was a pretty bad disaster on release for quality - the panels, the publicity with paint, roofs flying off, interior trim quality, etc. Seems to be a little better now though but I still see videos rolling out where people have to have checklist of items to check on delivery, what to constitute a refusal of delivery, paint/panel issues galore, etc. Now the S/X being $90K+ should definitely not see that but we will again. Perhaps not as much this time since the body of the S didn't change much, just some of the plastics in front/back. Hoping the interior is more solid like a BMW or so, don't want to push on the console or dash and hear creaks, etc.

Reactions: HumanInput
I don't think it's contempt, but rather indifference. Customers being happy or unhappy does not seem to make much difference to him w/r/t his Master Plan, saving humanity and all that. Some of us just wanna go kicking and screaming as we're being saved, we obviously have no idea what's good for us. "We don't need to give 'em no stinkin' customer service, they're getting better cars than they'd probably ever even see in their lifetimes if it weren't for Tesla, so nyah nyah nyah."

And there's some truth to that. Bottom line, if the car is more important than having your hand held, you're hodling your order. If it's more important to you to be shown respect, walk. Elon doesn't really care.

The former describes me… but only for as long as there is no real competition. As soon as there is I’m walking with some respect.:cool:

Sorry 🥸 I had a similar painful wait for a home to be built and it was a miserable 9 months, but it was really driven by my excitement that exceeded realistic expectations.

I’m not a buddhist, but I think you have hit upon the essential truth of our agony…
The Four Noble Truths of Buddhism:
1. Life is painful
2. Pain is caused by desire
3. Eliminate desire to eliminate pain
4. Follow the Holy 8-fold path to eliminate desire.

Clearly, most of us struggle with 2 and 3. Maybe I need to embrace 4? 🤔;)

I’m not a buddhist, but I think you have hit upon the essential truth of our agony…
1. Life is painful

I think you might have misquoted. I’m pretty sure it actually goes like this:

1. Waiting for MS is painful
2. Pain is caused by delay
3. Eliminate delay to eliminate pain
4. Follow the Holy Design Best Practices path to eliminate delay.

🤪

1. Life is painful

It's not just "desire" that causes pain (dukha, often translated as "unsatisfactoriness" or "suffering"), as per the Four Noble Truths, it's also aversion and ignorance.

One thing we're all equally suffering from, for sure, is the ignorance, since Tesla isn't telling us anything. But we're the ones who control the greed/desire (for the car) and the aversion (for Tesla's treatment of us). We can minimize the dukha by trying to be chill.

It's not just "desire" that causes pain (dukha, often translated as "unsatisfactoriness" or "suffering"), as per the Four Noble Truths, it's also aversion and ignorance.

One thing we're all equally suffering from, for sure, is the ignorance, since Tesla isn't telling us anything. But we're the ones who control the greed/desire (for the car) and the aversion (for Tesla's treatment of us). We can minimize the dukha by trying to be chill.
Now, how are we going to fit all this extra information into Leojsayta’s excellent Tesla adaptation of the Four Noble Truths without making everyone’s eyes cross? This might be an example of where knowledge actually ruined something. 😁

I’m not sure where the monkey reference came from (maybe monkey on your back? ie addiction?) but maybe it should be a cat, since that was on the window sticker.
A cat behind the scenes would actually make a LOT of sense! We all know that cats will walk across the keyboard and create all of sorts of random *sugar* on your computer... delivery date mystery solved.

Last edited: