Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I disagree with that. My extra $40k or whatever says differently. I'm certain though that there will be thousands of new refresh MS LR owners that rush online to order & stick on their PLAID designations on their car trunks to be the posers they are. HUGE difference between ~ dual motor 770 HP/TQ LR and the tri-motor 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID with carbon sleeved motor rotors and torque vectoring. I think people "in the know" understand the differences between the two variations of the new refresh MS and the LR is not being commercialized as the high-performance PLAID. The PLAID is the PLAID and the LR is not.
I never understood this mentality. I saw this all the time with M cars and AMGs. Those in the know will know IMMEDIATLY its not an M or an AMG and those who don't, couldn't care less if you put LMNOP on the back of the car. Such a cheeseball move. I actually like to de-badge.

Sorry, I disagree with that. My extra $40k or whatever says differently. I'm certain though that there will be thousands of new refresh MS LR owners that rush online to order & stick on their PLAID designations on their car trunks to be the posers they are. HUGE difference between ~ dual motor 770 HP/TQ LR and the tri-motor 1,020 HP/TQ PLAID with carbon sleeved motor rotors and torque vectoring. I think people "in the know" understand the differences between the two variations of the new refresh MS and the LR is not being commercialized as the high-performance PLAID. The PLAID is the PLAID and the LR is not.
I don't really understand this whole poser designation. I have two Plaids on order and one LR. I will buy whatever configuration comes the soonest. If I end up with the Plaid, removing the Plaid badge will be the first thing I do. I don't want to advertise that I dropped an additional $40K on the car. I just think it looks cleaner, but I will appear to be pretending to be a LR Model S. Does that make me a poser?

You secretly want to be like @sflgator so be honest - you already have the badge on order from Amazon...
Ha ha caught me. I just did Amazon search and came up empty but like this one. Although wouldn’t see it on my blackout. 😀

1622666482433.png

I don't really understand this whole poser designation. I have two Plaids on order and one LR. I will buy whatever configuration comes the soonest. If I end up with the Plaid, removing the Plaid badge will be the first thing I do. I don't want to advertise that I dropped an additional $40K on the car. I just think it looks cleaner, but I will appear to be pretending to be a LR Model S. Does that make me a poser?

You will be shunned by all of us in true LR because you feel you have to hide that third motor to belong.

No, debadging for whatever reason is not the same as pretending it's the higher performance model. One reason why I never really liked the idea of MB and BMW using the "AMG package" or the "M package" as an upgraded option on their std vehicles; just having a nice spoiler, side skirts, upgraded wheels and a badge doesn't make it faster, lol! 😜

Reactions: Drew-MS and JimLL
No, debadging for whatever reason is not the same as pretending it's the higher performance model. One reason why I never really liked the idea of MB and BMW using the "AMG package" or the "M package" as an upgraded option on their std vehicles; just having a nice spoiler, side skirts, upgraded wheels and a badge doesn't make it faster, lol! 😜
Exactly. Some spiced up aero and fatter tires won't get a non AMG to a hand built 600 ponies

Reactions: sflgator
Being in LA has nothing to do with it - I'm in Torrance and have a blank delivery date. In fact, "Estimated Delivery Date" doesn't appear on my account. In speaking with the Del Amo store's supervisor this morning, he could give no rhyme or reason as to why some of you have delivery dates while most of us don't. My MSLR with FSD was ordered on 11/24/20 though I didn't order the more expensive wheels since I was going for range.
Probably a foolish attempt for me to try and rationalize at this point then. The only thing I can think of is they sort by

1) Plaid
2) Highest Priced MSLR (FSD + Arachnid)
3) Order Date
4) Delivery Feasibility

Probably a foolish attempt for me to try and rationalize at this point then. The only thing I can think of is they sort by

1) Plaid
3) Order Date
4) Delivery Feasibility

You are overthinking it. This is how (ETA that I found an actual picture of the monkey used):
1622668433405.png

Last edited:

1) Plaid
3) Order Date
4) Delivery Feasibility
This seems pretty accurate, but I would move delivery feasibility to 3 and order date to 4. The order date is the least important variable.