Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wall connector was installed 6 weeks ago and every day that little green light gives me the stink eye.

AnselmDante said:
My charger finally arrived. At least I'll have that to taunt me for a few months
“I installed mine 4 months ago. At this point, I think the Gen4 wall connector will be out before the car.”

That gen 4 thought has crossed my mind also. But the installation and permits cost twice as much as the Charger itself. If there is a new one that charges the S quicker, I would probably buy it as I am sure Tesla would have no interest in letting me swap it out for the new one.

but I will deal with that if/when I get my car.

Sorry to resurrect something that was discussed a bit earlier, but do we have any more certain indication of whether to expect an active spoiler? I think people have picked out a "normal" fixed CF spoiler in some pics?
There will be no active spoiler. I guess they could do it for the plaid+. I had it on my last mb sports car. It was sort of cool. Would go up approximately 135 mph. You could also press a button and that would raise it if you like the looks. I didn’t care for the look. But unless you are going really fast, the spoilers are pretty useless IMO

That gen 4 thought has crossed my mind also. But the installation and permits cost twice as much as the Charger itself. If there is a new one that charges the S quicker, I would probably buy it as I am sure Tesla would have no interest in letting me swap it out for the new one.

They already have a wall connector that can charge faster than the Gen 3 (48A). It's the Gen 2 (80A).
But the new S probably can't take advantage of it. They stopped offering >48A chargers in late 2018. My 2018 Model S has a 72A charger which lets it charge faster than newer cars. They said very few were charging at faster than 48A so they stopped supplying them.

If the new S uses the same onboard charger that the previous version does then it should technically be possible to retrofit a 72A charger. No Raven cars shipped with 72A but I believe some people have been able to retrofit the 72A into them (although I don't know for sure this has happened).

Reactions: Sbaimo and T-Racer

The cars onboard charger is limited to 48v so the new generation 4 wall charger might offer some slightly different options but it is not going to charge at a faster rate.

Back in 2016 Tesla offered an option on the Model S for a 72v on board charger, but that hasn’t been possible for several years now.

Edit -
@BPeter beat me to the punchline!

Reactions: BPeter
So another week without VINs for June delivery. And with just 6 days away from the Plaid Delivery Event next Thurs, 6/10/21…anyone think we’ll some VINs by Thurs next week? 🤔. Sad, especially with all those refresh MS vehicles seen sitting around everywhere. Looking more and more like Aug delivery for me unless they actually start delivering white w/ white/cf interior MS Plaids in July. This is all quite looney tunes! 🤪

That's interesting - I have never owned a previous Tesla with FSD. I did have EAP on my 2018 Model 3 LR and they definitely didn't give any allowance for that. Tesla's offer was $2,500 lower than the next lowest offer. On my 2016.5 Model S P90DL. Tesla offered $46K and Vroom.com offered $49.5

Tesla has never given me a remotely competitive trade in offer. Am I the only one here that has continued to get terrible trade in offers from Tesla?
T
So another week without VINs for June delivery. And with just 6 days away from the Plaid Delivery Event next Thurs, 6/10/21…anyone think we’ll some VINs by Thurs next week? 🤔. Sad, especially with all those refresh MS vehicles seen sitting around everywhere. Looking more and more like Aug delivery for me unless they actually start delivering white w/ white/cf interior MS Plaids in July. This is all quite looney tunes! 🤪
I'm sure some people will but I doubt I'll be one of them lol. I'm surprised the website still shows June for new plaid orders placed today. I'll be very impressed if more than just a handful of folks receive their cars in June.

My order is still blank..

It looks like there are some serious panel gaps on these cars. :oops:

Attachments

• Inked195727228_2870521586545949_4880260333812045500_n_LI.jpg
    Inked195727228_2870521586545949_4880260333812045500_n_LI.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 80