Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my first wall connector installation quote... >$1300 (just for install with 240V @ 60A breaker... I already purchased the gen 3 wall connector). Needless to say, I am getting another quote. I was expecting a cost between $500 to $750.
I bought the wall connector with the car, but returned it after finding out how expensive it would be to install. Luckily I park a few feet from my electrical panel, so the electrician just put a plug next to it. One day and $200 vs permits, $650 wall connector, and god knows how much to install it.

Also with the new chip from AMD...

could also be a cause for the delays.

Does anyones order (pre-refresh) accurately show the $2000 discount we supposedly are getting?
According to the email I received when I upgraded my order to refresh, they are offering the $2000 price discount, but it will be reflected in my Tesla Account only after they have matched me to an available vehicle and scheduled me for a pick up date.

Iā€™m wondering if some VIP/insiders will be launching reviews on the 11thā€¦ maybe even already have their cars early for a review on the 10th ??

Hi all;

Jay Leno did a 1/4 mile run in 9.24 with a plaid.

0.01 sec slower than advertised.

I'll bet with a lighter driver it could meet specšŸ˜

Anyway, Jay would be a likely person to drop some details. Perhaps the run was allowed specifically to be filmed for showing at the New delivery day.

I bought the wall connector with the car, but returned it after finding out how expensive it would be to install. Luckily I park a few feet from my electrical panel, so the electrician just put a plug next to it. One day and $200 vs permits, $650 wall connector, and god knows how much to install it.
$1,300 is very high unless you need additional work done because you are out of capacity. I live in as expensive of an area to get this work done and I think I paid $800 or so.

Hi all;

Jay Leno did a 1/4 mile run in 9.24 with a plaid.

0.01 sec slower than advertised.

I'll bet with a lighter driver it could meet specšŸ˜

Anyway, Jay would be a likely person to drop some details. Perhaps the run was allowed specifically to be filmed for showing at the New delivery day.
Leno's run was 9.23, actually 9.247

Just looked at the tracker again and am amazed how little rhyme or reason as to which orders are blank. My order page continues to be bank after showing August and late June at in May. (Ordered 3/29,LR,Blue,FSD, SoCal)
Hello All,

I have followed this board for some time but have never posted. First time Tesla owner. Obviously this purchase has turned into a ish show. Ordered MS LR on 2/8. RN 1144 in New Jersey. Had a February delivery originally. Turned into March, than June, than August. I had the end of June for about a day and a half than back to August until a week or so ago when it disappeared. This all sounds about par for the course from reading this board but I wanted to share that the humor and information from here has made this process somewhat easier to do with. I have received several generic texts from Tesla and no calls. I have called the SA a few times to inquire about process and updates. Obviously no information however he swears I will be the first new model s from their store. He had a long wooden nose and I am sure his fathers name was geppetto but Iā€™d like to think he speaks the truth. Keep the information and updates coming since this is the only source of information out there. Appreciate all of you.

I must say that I'm secretly looking forward to seeing (shopping) all the "previously owned" Model S's hitting the market later this summer.
I believe that after the backlog of orders if filled and they start seeing the new model, current S owners might want to buy the new version. I guess during the winter months ( here in SoCal) there will be many people trading up from their 2 and 3 year old model Sā€™s. I test drove the prĆ© refresh 202- Model S amd it was pretty awesome. If the SA hadnā€™t informed me that a refreshed model was coming out soon, I definitely would have pulled the trigger.

I believe that after the backlog of orders if filled, current S owners might want to buy the new version. I guess during the winter months ( here in SoCal) there will be many people trading in their 2 and 3 year old model Sā€™s. I test drove the prĆ© refresh Model S amd it was pretty awesome. If the SA hadnā€™t informed me that a refreshed model was coming out soon, I definitely would have pulled the trigger.
I was saving for one. I was two months away from pulling the trigger when they bumped the price by 12k.