Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks a reminder to check your orders as no one is doing it for you apparently. My order is 6 months old. I gave up last week on the tradein and got more money through selling it at carmax (3K more). Then I called today to checkin, am I finally getting my car Thursday? and they said financial application was stale and needs to be resubmitted. No one told me or asked me to resubmit that; hopefully it doesn't change place in line. No way I will be waiting months more.

Sweet! Happy for you. Excited to hear your first and long term thoughts on your new stallion.

I’m taking my $1k deposit and buying another TSLA share. Hopefully that will yield more than my Plaid + order did. :)
I feel for all the Plaid + orders who got the inexplicable call last week randomly asking if you want to cancel and buy a lesser car that was offered for sale already. Why would anyone do that downgrade randomly? Oh, because next week we're going to tell you your order is cancelled. It would have been nice to let all of you guys know that and then call you to help.

It is like an airline calling you to ask if you want to take a different flight than the one you booked (without telling you why) and you say no. Then they cancel your original flight and leave you stranded. Hopefully Tesla will do the right thing and now follow up with another call and accommodate these stranded prospective customers.

I'm actually ok with the Plaid+ being officially cancelled (at least for the foreseeable future). It makes me feel better about the Plaid I have on order (silly I know). Assuming that we actually start getting deliveries of the Plaid (and it appears that will be soon), I think the Lucid isn't a big factor at this point. It isn't available now, and although the website says higher range than the Plaid, it apparently is not as fast. Frankly, the range/acceleration/speed/etc. at some point becomes mostly 'bragging rights', and no EV maker is going to always be the top in every category now that the EV industry is starting to take off. All the makers will have to point to the distinguishing factors of their cars, and people can decide what matters most to them. To me, getting a cool car now is more important than waiting to see what car has the most of everything. I do agree with those who rightfully criticize Tesla for the goofy public communications mess they create (and always have). But, for me and I suspect most on this forum, it has been worth it to me to stay with Tesla.

Good luck to all in getting their cars soon, I'm really excited about it.
Best,
Mark

No one likes vaporware and a lot of us bought into the hype thinking a Plaid + was real. If Tesla had no plans to actually bring the Plaid + specs to fruition, that's a very unethical move by them to elicit positive press and make their competitors worry. Most importantly, for them to offer a change from + to "Plaid" without telling them their Plaid order is going to be X'd is a real *sugar* move.

No one likes vaporware and a lot of us bought into the hype thinking a Plaid + was real. If Tesla had no plans to actually bring the Plaid + specs to fruition, that's a very unethical move by them to elicit positive press and make their competitors worry. Most importantly, for them to offer a change from + to "Plaid" without telling them their Plaid order is going to be X'd is a real *sugar* move.
I don't think we can say that until we see what the Plaid announcements are on Thursday.

Can you post a screen shot of that delivery date? 😬
5C59233A-5C57-4881-9B28-FF732D2F5A3C.jpeg

Reactions: T-Racer
Haha. I should. But I don't wanna upset the Tesla gods
First, I was not showing off about wine. I perhaps inartfully expressed that the cost of the car is not the most expensive thing in some people's budget. And as for last night, it actually was only a $35 dollar bottle of wine the wife was having while I had some mid-priced bourbon. As for Tiger's suggestion as to what I spend, I would not spend $2K on a bottle of wine any more than I would spend $40K to go from 3.1 second 0-60 to 1.99 (if that number is even real...). As for the trophy wife - and she is a trophy - I met her 22 years ago on Match.com so I would say for those single people, it actually is no joke...

Going back to the car, I ordered after some of you on or about 3/8: MSLR MSM with White/Black interior, standard wheels and FSD RN11461.... Went from 4-11 weeks to August to, "We will reach out to you..." The longer it goes, the EQS looks more likely.

And, I am predicting (and agreeing with others) on another delay of the 6/10 date. Cannot figure out why 100's of cars are sitting in a rented lot instead of being distributed across the US.
Luckily my wife hates wine and has almost 60 tattoos that probably cost more than a model 3. I do have a 50 bottle collection of wine that was purchased purely as a show for people like you. Doesn’t make you a bad person though. Strange you would pick wine as your budget item of note. I personally drink beer lots of beer to get through the week. I do have a 15 and 20 year pappy though to name drop as well. So I will name drop that and end with real men don’t drink wine. And as ron burgundy says..... I am very important....I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Based on all Elon has said, I cannot see the new batteries being part if this launch but coming in the "soon" future.

I think it will have better range and such than on the website and so will the LR. I do not expect any big surprises. Would love to see but not holding my breath.

I will wait it out until Thursday. Any major difference or new batteries, I may consider upping to the Plaid.

ETA: for @Tigers sanity, I hope they put back in that tilting screen that someone posted on Twitter.

Last edited:
Based on all Elon has said, I cannot see the new batteries being part if this launch but coming in the "soon" future.

I think it will have better range and such than on the website and so will the LR. I do not expect any big surprises. Would love to see but not holding my breath.

I will wait it out until Thursday. Any major difference or new batteries, I may consider upping to the Plaid.
This 100%. Hard to personally justify the added cash for less range and more power. Personally the range is more important here as the LR performance is amazing as is.