Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They'll probably put on the silver caps until they literally run out, then swap over.

I'm giving 50/50 odds that there's one car that gets three silver ones, and one dark one 😄

Mandatory delivery content: my MSM/Cream/19/FSD/RN1142 order, which was "June" for a few weeks, switched some time last night to no mention of delivery, which is where it was since the refresh was started so no huge loss there.

Mandatory (apparently) unpopular opinion: I thought the silver hubcaps looked tacky and cheap, and thing the dark ones still look tacky and cheap. For context, I'm an engineer and have no taste or sense of style, but I like the 19" Slipstream wheels on my 2018 S and am strongly considering buying a set off eBay when the new S arrives, assuming they'll fit properly. I like the look of the Arachnids but would worry about bending 21" rims on the streets around here.

Mandatory idle speculation: Elon decided that every LR needs a pair of working cowbells mounted like truck nutz, which is why there's a full lot of apparently finished Ss collecting dust; they're awaiting trailer hitch installation.

I'm giving 50/50 odds that there's one car that gets three silver ones, and one dark one 😄

Mandatory delivery content: my MSM/Cream/19/FSD/RN1142 order, which was "June" for a few weeks, switched some time last night to no mention of delivery, which is where it was since the refresh was started so no huge loss there.

Mandatory (apparently) unpopular opinion: I thought the silver hubcaps looked tacky and cheap, and thing the dark ones still look tacky and cheap. For context, I'm an engineer and have no taste or sense of style, but I like the 19" Slipstream wheels on my 2018 S and am strongly considering buying a set off eBay when the new S arrives, assuming they'll fit properly. I like the look of the Arachnids but would worry about bending 21" rims on the streets around here.

Mandatory idle speculation: Elon decided that every LR needs a pair of working cowbells mounted like truck nutz, which is why there's a full lot of apparently finished Ss collecting dust; they're awaiting trailer hitch installation.
The new 19s are wider with a different offset. .. The new rear tire is 285-40-19 compared to the prior 245.

With all due respect, you shouldn't be meeting with anyone about selling your car until you have a Vin assigned. Same with financing. This has been rehashed in the previous 1600 pages on this post. At this point, it's frankly your own fault if you do anything different than wait for a VIN assignment.
With all due respect, some people are ordering and dealing with Tesla for the first time and did not peruse this forum prior to making that decision, but joined later. I for one have always ran credit at point of sale, as I am sure just about everyone else here has done their whole lives, until actually dealing with this company. A newbie off the street is not going to know placing an order for a car and being given an 8 week window probably means half a year.

C'mon man! 🤣

Me personally, I couldn't care less about hubcaps or calipers. I would be kind of embarrassed, actually, if the wheels looked too showy.

Reactions: PWRUP
Called Tesla to see if changing my LR order to Plaid, or changing my Plaid's CF trim to wood would do anything to expedite my delivery.

"no sir, any change to an order is treated as a new order and would put you at the back of the line"

Bummer.

back to impatiently waiting.

Reactions: Moose57
With all due respect, some people are ordering and dealing with Tesla for the first time and did not peruse this forum prior to making that decision, but joined later. I for one have always ran credit at point of sale, as I am sure just about everyone else here has done their whole lives, until actually dealing with this company. A newbie off the street is not going to know placing an order for a car and being given an 8 week window probably means half a year.

C'mon man! 🤣

I was foolish in retrospect, but when the website said the car would be delivered in February/March and Elon said it was already in production, I assumed I was going to get the car in February/March. If you had told me then that actually, Tesla would delay the car until ??? with no email or phone call based on unidentified "parts shortages" and battery problems and then would prioritize June purchasers of plaid over me, there is no way in hell I would have bought this car. Now, I'm emotionally invested, but I'm at the end of my rope with this company and think Elon is a scumbag.

Called Tesla to see if changing my LR order to Plaid, or changing my Plaid's CF trim to wood would do anything to expedite my delivery.

"no sir, any change to an order is treated as a new order and would put you at the back of the line"

Bummer.

back to impatiently waiting.
I wouldn’t really rely on that information. Anyone with a new Plaid order with black or cream interior and wood trim is essentially moved to the front of the line due to supply chain issues. If you are okay with those interior options, I would just change your Plaid order or place a brand new order. You will only be out $100 if it doesn’t work out.