Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be wishful thinking on my part (and probably is), I think the blank dates are a good sign. Especially given that those who ordered prior to refresh and early refresh orders are blank. My interpretation is that those with blank dates no longer need to be estimated as they are next in queue to get assigned VINs from the first batches (which are not quite available yet, but imminent). Those with estimated dates are just that, still estimates based on possibly getting VINS assigned from the end of the early batches or the next round. Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

PS. Full disclosure, I've had no estimated date for many weeks now. Also, I sent an email to Tesla Financing and was told that although my offer expired, the offer would be extended "closer to delivery". At least they have not being doing credit checks along the way!
I havent had a date for months now, i must be REALLY up the chain hahaha

• Funny
Reactions: EVonly and JimLL
Might be wishful thinking on my part (and probably is), I think the blank dates are a good sign. Especially given that those who ordered prior to refresh and early refresh orders are blank. My interpretation is that those with blank dates no longer need to be estimated as they are next in queue to get assigned VINs from the first batches (which are not quite available yet, but imminent). Those with estimated dates are just that, still estimates based on possibly getting VINS assigned from the end of the early batches or the next round. Guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy.

PS. Full disclosure, I've had no estimated date for many weeks now. Also, I sent an email to Tesla Financing and was told that although my offer expired, the offer would be extended "closer to delivery". At least they have not being doing credit checks along the way!
I'd be with you on this and partially agree, provided we are talking about orders placed early (pre-refresh and earlier in the year). I am blank also but my order is only 5 weeks old and I am not expecting my car till at least September. I hope for everyone else's sake though that you are right.

Reactions: Waverider317
That's what I thought until my June delivery went blank again. LOL
If I remember the tracking sheet, you and I are fairly closely aligned on our order date and delivery stuff. I used to have "June 21-June 30" and a week or two ago it changed to simply "June." I still have June listed, but am a little concerned since we have heard any LR news around this event on Thursday.

Sony has a requirements contract for most of the key ingredients to Tesla's SoC from AMD. This means AMD has agreed to prioritize Sony's needs over any other buyer. Only when Sony's needs are satisfied, can AMD supply chips to others. Then, there are other competing long time volume purchasers like MSFT (which might also have a similar contractual arrangement with AMD).

Tesla basically has created a very similar SoC to the PS5 but it is far lower in the supply chain. MSFT also got its contract in years before Tesla. Tesla can't magic their chipset and they can't independently fab or make the chip like FSD.

Finally, AMD is still pissed that Tesla changed from their GPU platform (HW2/2.5) to their own in house architecture. Remember, AMD saved Tesla when they split from ME but now AMD has other car clients and a booming crypto chip business on top of their usual gaming.
It's not AMD. It's TSMC not being able to make enough chips.

If I remember the tracking sheet, you and I are fairly closely aligned on our order date and delivery stuff. I used to have "June 21-June 30" and a week or two ago it changed to simply "June." I still have June listed, but am a little concerned since we have heard any LR news around this event on Thursday.
Yes we both ordered in Oct 2020, you have arachnids and I have 19's. Both FSD. Both black interior. Both RN1141. Same delivery point. This will be interesting. Although after seeing darker wheel covers for 19's, I'm hoping i'm in that batch if it doesn't take too much longer.

Reactions: Lance Uppercut
Someone with a November 2020 order posted that the space for Estimated Delivery is blank. Anyone else who ordered October or November have a date or even the words Estimated Delivery?
I have also noticed for a couple hours when I log in, do not refresh I’m getting logged out in minutes. Anyone else?
I have nothing other than the promise that "we will reach out to you . . . "

Same!

Side note, are you still seeing August? I only ask because I ordered a week after you (we're both 1148) and I went from August to September to nothing.
No my August date dropped a few weeks ago during the chaos of everyone else's dates. That field has been missing from my order page ever since.

I wasn't planning on buying mine until September anyhow. I ordered in April when I saw how sloppy the rollout was going. As long as I get my car no sooner than August, things will work out perfectly for me.

Reactions: JimLL and TNGuy99
I'm feeling the same way I felt during the Model 3/Cybertruck events all over again. I can't wait for phone-videos and maybe some surprises. I sure hate the waits but Tesla at least makes it fun.
Someone needs to make a spoof video of Tesla as a fast food restaurant. Drive-thru backed up for miles. People near the back of the line telling their friends "I ate here a few years ago. It is SOOO worth the wait. Another car with a bunch of people speculating about what extra things will be on their sandwich.

Then you get a text "The triple cheeseburger has been canceled. The double cheeseburger is more than enough for anyone. All triple orders have been converted to doubles".

Meanwhile, you see employees walking past your car to hand things to customers behind you, because you only wanted the single burger, and they are not making those yet.

Anyone else concerned that the latest Gabe videos aren't showing enough production? In the latest video (on Patreon) there is the temp lot with about 500, then maybe another 1 or 2 hundred spread across the plant with very few in the logistics lot.

Feel like they did everything they could to patch together the initial 500 for Thursday. Outside of that, going to be very very slow.

No my August date dropped a few weeks ago during the chaos of everyone else's dates. That field has been missing from my order page ever since.

I wasn't planning on buying mine until September anyhow. I ordered in April when I saw how sloppy the rollout was going. As long as I get my car no sooner than August, things will work out perfectly for me.
My August got dropped and ETD line is completely missing for last 2+ weeks. I'm hoping that the delivery to happen in August. For now, surviving with my loaner vehicle.