Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still blank here. 10 days strong 🙈
Mine actually was blank for about 5 days and today it is back to June.
Mine was blank for 12-14 days and went to June today. I truly think their either 1) F'ing with us all, or 2) testing the dates (in our accounts) because they're going to click a button on the 10th to populate all the accounts with dates and they don't want another *sugar* show. Of course if number 2 is wrong please refer back to number 1.

Tesla quoted me 2.49%. How do I go about getting a better rate? My credit is as perfect and I am open to all options as far as down payment goes and length of the loan.

America's First Credit Union is 1.99% for 60 months, free money! (You don't have to be a member, they open a $10 checking account with your loan)

Well I originally ordered my MS LR on 2/07 and my account finally updated today to June 22-28th delivery. Not holding my breath but fairly significant update.
There really doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to the estimated delivery dates for LRs. The only correlation seems to be higher margin cars are prioritized, so FSD, Arachinds and optional paint colors SEEM to have priority, but not in every case. Not sure location does as I’m a Fremont pickup, although maybe because I changed that a few weeks ago I’m now at the back of the line?

Been holding at “we will reach out to you” for over three weeks now. Was hoping Fremont pickup would change that, still hoping last few days of June I get a call but not holding my breath.

You may be right, but the one thing that we have seen consistent shortages of is the interior trim panels missing in all of the test mule vehicles. I believe most of those panels are made from composites.

I know that the wood dash trim pieces on the 3/Y are made from composites. Does anyone know if Tesla uses real wood in the MS?
Appears to be real wood in our 2021 Model X.

Not sure its really white paint. I'd think its that they want to prioritize higher margin vehicles since they are really behind on S deliveries and need to have a profitable quarter. There are whites but probably because they are Plaid / arachnids / FSDs.
Yeah I've got to agree with this. White exterior LRs are most likely being pushed out as far as possible because it is the "free color". And I've got a double whammy as I didn't order FSD. I may be wearing a Halloween costume to pick up my car.

Someone with a November 2020 order posted that the space for Estimated Delivery is blank. Anyone else who ordered October or November have a date or even the words Estimated Delivery?
I have also noticed for a couple hours when I log in, do not refresh I’m getting logged out in minutes. Anyone else?
I'm a Nov order that was blank but updated to "June" today.

I just called the Tesla rep that contacted me a week+ ago about changing my order to a Plaid from a +. I changed to a Plaid with Tempest wheels, but did it online in my account.

But what was interesting is that when I inquired about the range, he repeatedly said there were already Plaid's delivered in the Bay Area. He mentioned this specifically and repeatedly, for what it's worth. I have my doubts, but he seemed very confident in what he was saying.

And that I'll see a Plaid by end of June or early July. And that the + tweet on Sunday caught him and his team completely off guard.
Hahaha yeah "delivered" from one side of the factory to the other for Thursday's event maybe.

Yeah I've got to agree with this. White exterior LRs are most likely being pushed out as far as possible because it is the "free color". And I've got a double whammy as I didn't order FSD. I may be wearing a Halloween costume to pick up my car.

Please do not wear the same costume as last year.
1623183006476.jpeg

With all due respect, some people are ordering and dealing with Tesla for the first time and did not peruse this forum prior to making that decision, but joined later. I for one have always ran credit at point of sale, as I am sure just about everyone else here has done their whole lives, until actually dealing with this company. A newbie off the street is not going to know placing an order for a car and being given an 8 week window probably means half a year.

C'mon man! 🤣
Exactly. I had a estimated delivery of Dec 14-28. I assumed it would be correct and sold my Lexus thinking that I'd get the highest $$ by selling it sooner, rather than later. Sucks having to drive the 911 everywhere :)

Interesting things from Android app

Model S known as "P2" in some areas "model_s_p2"

This is like the VIN decoder referring to the new motor types as P2 Dual Motor and P2 Tri Motor
Vin Decoder:

vehicle_config.car_type for the refresh is "lychee" which is some sort of tropical fruit. The original Model S is "models" and the 2016 facelift is "models2".

It is also referred to as "MS3" in some places "MS3_hero_front_body()"

from what I can tell, vehicle_config.trim_badging will be "plaid" for the plaid, and vehicle_config.has_ludicrous_mode would have been reused to denote it as a Plaid+

Code:
"_generateModelP2BadgingView", value: function (t) {
    arguments.length > 1 && void 0 !== arguments[1] && arguments[1];
    if (null == t.trimBadging) return null;
    var n = t.trimBadging.toLowerCase(), l = "Long Range";
    return t.hasLudicrousMode ? l = 'Plaid+' : 'p' === n.charAt(0) && (l = 'Plaid'), h.createElement(y.Text, {style: B.infoText}, l)
  }

The Tempest wheels seem to be different based on what type of Model S it is

Code:
case b.SXWheelTypes.TEMPEST_SONIC_SILVER_19_INCH:
      t = _.vehicleType === b.VehicleTypeStates.MODEL_S_P2 ? O.MS3_hero_reverse_wheels_Tempest19() : O.MS_hero_reverse_wheels_Tempest19SonicSilver();

America's First Credit Union is 1.99% for 60 months, free money! (You don't have to be a member, they open a $10 checking account with your loan)
Thank you. Will check them out. Any other suggestions would be useful.
To be honest, if my calculations are correct, there is such a small difference from 2.49 to 1.99. It comes to $1,000 savings over 5 years. Better than a poke in the eye, I guess.

Reactions: T-Racer and PWRUP
I am confident LR’s will come this month. It is the obvious majority. Like everything in existence, Tesla loves money. They want money. They also just want to promote Plaid. This is their selling point / golden new product.

-> March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> BLANK - now June

I am confident LR’s will come this month. It is the obvious majority. Like everything in existence, Tesla loves money. They want money. They also just want to promote Plaid. This is their selling point / golden new product.

-> March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> BLANK - now June
I agree Jim. I just think White LRs are going to be at the back of the line.