Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guessing it's an optional order (for $x,xxx) through Tesla.com on your own) as very few people will even consider the option especially after a $4,500 upgraded 21" wheels/tires package; btw - the ZR rated tires have ~ 186mph max rating...good enough for me. Fairly certain the track guys like Brooks will do it for his Plaid but most won't.
I have a feeling Tesla is going electronically limit the car at 163 or 168.
Edit: it’s not my feeling, I’m pretty sure Tesla said it lol

Reactions: Milamber
Nah I do half mile events. They have those events in the area. I am super excited to see what this car does in the half mile. And I've been well over 200 MPH in my old C6 ZR1 before....what a rush! But the GT-R is an amazing car! modified ones are especially insane.

wannagofast.com
Probably around 185-190 in the 1/2 mile. With the special wheels/tires

Reactions: HumanInput
Im definitely looking forward to some half mile events as well. If the plaid model x can do what my stock c7z could do in the half ill be happy. But the S should be crazy

I am thinking the car will hit mid 190s as the half mile trap speed. I was in the upper 160's with my slightly modified C6 ZR1. Really wanted to get a C8 Z06 but seems like it will be a long time for that car due to production issues. Hence I got the Plaid (assuming it gets delivered...hahah).

Did anyone get a text or call from their SA about the livestream of the event?

like “hey, Phil, i know we have done f$&k all since you ordered your $140k ride from us and we haven’t told you sugar, but we are having a delivery event you can learn more about your ride tonight at 8 PM blah blah.”
Nope

Crazy thought: we haven’t seen any red Plaids at the event yet because they are actually changing the depth of the red color to something much darker, like the signature red (or “crimson”). This could be one of the surprises!

Please - no. That color is so grandpa red, its digusting.

The flyover videos have shown the real vibrant red, so they are making them.

like “hey, Phil, i know we have done f$&k all since you ordered your $140k ride from us and we haven’t told you sugar, but we are having a delivery event you can learn more about your ride tonight at 8 PM blah blah.”
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 no, but seriously. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, they asked me if there was something going on tonight at Tesla. So clueless and useless

Crazy thought: we haven’t seen any red Plaids at the event yet because they are actually changing the depth of the red color to something much darker, like the signature red (or “crimson”). This could be one of the surprises!
That thought actually crossed my mind, but it’s not the red I ordered.
But I also ordered the silver Tempests.....and am hoping for the darker ones.
Random changes are ok......only if I’m ok with them. 😎