Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just my voice but i disagree - IMHO Execution at Tesla is overall strong - they are delivering what seems to be an overall amazing vehicle at a price that is significantly less than the European competition and doing it with humans in a big business that seem committed and connectedā€¦thats not easy to do.

and a COO could ruin that ā€¦

big risks in changing what does seem to be working really well
Like SpaceX or Starlink?

Man, if I was new to Tesla, I may read all of this and decide to not get one, or at least put it off until the next time aroundā€¦. šŸ˜‚
It is a tough crowd. As much as we bitch about the flaws, there is nothing like driving a Tesla. Absolutely unparalleled in my opinion. Now, the way the company is run, that's another story... but the cars are beyond fantastic.

It is a tough crowd. As much as we bitch about the flaws, there is nothing like driving a Tesla. Absolutely unparalleled in my opinion. Now, the way the company is run, that's another story... but the cars are beyond fantastic.

While I do not think the end justifies the means, I know that the end result of the vehicle will allow me to extend more grace to this horrible process. That is what has kept me in the mess.

Reactions: croman and Drew-MS
While I do not think the end justifies the means, I know that the end result of the vehicle will allow me to extend more grace to this horrible process. That is what has kept me in the mess.
I do worry about holding negative feelings toward this mess.
2015 Model S - Treated me like a king. Absolute red carpet treatment.
2017 S - Still pretty good but the focus wasn't there, longer waits to get response from SA. Service started to push back.
2020 Y - They didn't give a F***. When I could talk to someone they were ambivalent and almost rude.
2021 S - Crickets... blank date since January other than a brief week or so in the middle. Little to no SA responses (with month+ wait between)

I was quite excited for the yoke, as a pilot it has been calling my name, but I am surprised this isnā€™t variable ratio, I shouldnā€™t need more than 180-190 degrees on each side to make most turns.
The manual says it is variable ratio.

1623471153825.png

I wonder if the steering mode, comfort vs. sport, etc., changes the ratios...

This assumption is not supported by the facts we have seen on the LR. The website states that the car comes with Insane acceleration and the test mules had Insane listed as an option in addition to the Chill, Sport, and Drag Strip modes.

The LR and Plaid can both be driven in the most aggressive driving mode at all times which is Insane and Plaid respectively. You just wouldn't activate drag strip mode because that is the Max Battery Power option that takes time to warmup. Also, anyone that has a performance model with Ludicrous will know that the max battery power mode can not be used at all times because it makes the car sound like a helicopter with fans spinning so loudly that people ask you what is wrong with your car.

View attachment 672353

While this beta UI interface that I'm sure the LR shares with the Plaid is some evidence (and might well be true once the car is released), the facts are that the history of non-performance models does not give any sort of go-faster options. Which 'fact' carries more weight? Who knows.

Honestly I just want to see this tested once someone gets ahold of both vehicles. I want times with no manual prep needed for both models.

I think the Model X Long Range refresh they had on display had Insane mode. I thought I saw a video on Twitter of someone going through the UI on it but I can't find it right now.

Reactions: EVonly
I do worry about holding negative feelings toward this mess.
2015 Model S - Treated me like a king. Absolute red carpet treatment.
2017 S - Still pretty good but the focus wasn't there, longer waits to get response from SA. Service started to push back.
2020 Y - They didn't give a F***. When I could talk to someone they were ambivalent and almost rude.
2021 S - Crickets... blank date since January other than a brief week or so in the middle. Little to no SA responses (with month+ wait between)
Imagine the people who bought the Roadsterā€¦ Thanks for your $50k. Weā€™ll see you in 5 years šŸ˜‚

Anyone with black interior is probably getting their car in June seeing how the website has been consistently mentioning delays in white interior and cf while maintaining June for the rest. I think you'll be getting yours this month. Fingers crossed
Thanks, I hope so. When I placed my new order on the 26th of May, the delay for CF/white interior wasnā€™t known yet. That info came out a day or two later. I just preferred the ebony wood trim so I ordered with it.