Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that ordered the Plaid before Thursday is paying $119,990. To minimize the difference in price between my LR and Plaid orders, I went with the free white option and removed FSD. This results in a $28,500 difference between my two orders. Not an insignificant sum, but nowhere near a $50K price differential in my case.

Your are comparing apples to oranges. You have to look at the two equipped the same. If you do, and you changed before the price increase it is still $40k increase.

ETA: Not arguing if Cub was right or wrong in his point. But for the rest of us it is a $50 (or $40k) difference unless you cut out options.

Last edited:
This kind of stupid *sugar* doesn't make any sense. Tesla wants to sell any many Plaid this QTR as they can. Why would they penalize someone who wants to be able to get the car this QTR? Idiotic. I'd call a national number. Your SA might be full of *sugar* (probably is).
If Tesla can only deliver a couple hundred Plaids this quarter they don't need to work with you. Supply and demand rules.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Your are comparing apples to oranges. You have to look at the two equipped the same. If you do, and you changed before the price increase it is still $40k increase.
Obviously, the base price difference is $40k. But there is no reason why it needs to be an apples to apples comparison. I’m just saying if you had a fully loaded LR order and you decided the Plaid was more important to you, then you might be willing to give up some of the options you had chosen on the LR to move up to the Plaid. The price difference between a fully loaded LR and a base Plaid is only $22k. So, in my particular situation the extra amount for the Plaid is smaller than most would assume.

I know this has been mentioned in the other 1900 pages but……I’m still wondering about allllll those new Model S in the flyover videos or holding lots. When are these going to go out. The Elon comment about only a few a week till next quarter sucks but there should be more movement than there has been for EOQ push. Hoping this week will be loaded with VIN assignments.

I know this has been mentioned in the other 1900 pages but……I’m still wondering about allllll those new Model S in the flyover videos or holding lots. When are these going to go out. The Elon comment about only a few a week till next quarter sucks but there should be more movement than there has been for EOQ push. Hoping this week will be loaded with VIN assignments.
Judging by some of the close ups, it looks like they're missing some center console trim. Makes you wonder if they cannibalized them to finish of some plaids.

Anyone that ordered the Plaid before Thursday is paying $119,990. To minimize the difference in price between my LR and Plaid orders, I went with the free white option and removed FSD. This results in a $28,500 difference between my two orders. Not an insignificant sum, but nowhere near a $50K price differential in my case.

I’m just saying that someone can adjust the options chosen to minimize the price difference. I could have gone with a Plaid with black interior and 19” wheels with No FSD and the difference between my LR and Plaid orders would have been $22,000
Others have explained much better above but again, there is a $50K difference between the two base models or $40K before price increase, period, end of story. I am not lobbying for either. If I had FU money then absolutely I would buy a Plaid. Can I afford a Plaid? Yes, I can. But I would have to cut down or compromise elsewhere.

Last edited:
Obviously, the base price difference is $40k. But there is no reason why it needs to be an apples to apples comparison. I’m just saying if you had a fully loaded LR order and you decided the Plaid was more important to you, then you might be willing to give up some of the options you had chosen on the LR to move up to the Plaid. The price difference between a fully loaded LR and a base Plaid is only $22k. So, in my particular situation the extra amount for the Plaid is smaller than most would assume
My SA says don’t worry about June delivery. They are just estimates. Tesla is just starting to ramp up productions. This is the worst car buying experience ever- hope the car is worth it for 140K I’m spending. I’m getting tired of this *sugar*, don’t know how you guys waiting since last year are doing it.

I am not commenting on the upgrade by 1020hp. But If you are really talking about deleting options, then you’re not comparing apples to apples. There is a $50,000 difference to get a faster zero - 60. There are a few other upgrades to get that point, and if you’re willing to pay for it, then good for you. These are not upgrades that you see or experience.

You can’t compare a base model with no options to the exactly same equipped model but plaid.

The FSD includes many things that the enhanced autopilot included years ago. If you don’t care about summon, navigate on autopilot or self park, then you don’t need it. I keep a car about four years and am still doubtful that true FSD will come out in the time I’ll own this MSLR I ordered. But I want the other features. When you drive 30k miles a year (in my opinion the key reason to buy this car) then the features become more attractive.

Wait... you can put it on the AMEX? Just the difference? Or the whole thing? I would LOVE to put the entire purchase on the AMEX (or Chase) for points!
I have bought 3 Teslas, in each instance was told cannot pay with the card. Although, you can get the FSD post purchase and get points on that purchase.