Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really. A button is a button. The old wheel had 6 buttons and 4 scroll directions. The new one has 8 buttons and 4 scroll directions.
It doesn't really matter that the buttons are blinkers.
The haptic thing might be hard to emulate, but even that isn't rocket science.

This is so wrong. Watch any Ferrari Roma review. The results are not good. The touch buttons are way worse than tactile buttons. And buttons for crucial controls like horn and signals are way more influenced by being there vs radio and infotainment.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is an interesting question. The plaid lists as a feature the carbon sleeve rotors but is silent on the motors for the LR. I don't think the LR would see a unused motor sitting there but was a little surprised to see the dual rear motors sharing a housing. What will the motors in the LR be?
I was being absurd to point out it made no sense… obviously it’s a different layout.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
After the 11th time speaking with an SA, I was told that there is no way I will receive my white plaid until at least August, if not September, due to the shortage of CF and he also believes white paint is also hard to obtain.
Well, it being the end of the quarter, and Elon focused on quarterly profit, perhaps they are simply prioritizing production of more expensive colors?

1623624711789.png

VIN.

January Plaid order. Black, Black, Ebony (wood) interior.

True but then red is the most expensive color option and they’re not making reds in significant numbers.
A combination of orders by geo-location (chance to deliver by end of quarter), materials availability, total price and profit margin in the car - all plugged into an algorithm to maximize revenue and profit for this quarter.

I ordered my Plaid the morning of June 10, showing August since that day, no changes. Maybe Canadians get more love since they're gouging us on the exchange rate? At the current rate of approximately 1.21 the Plaid should cost 157 but it actually costs 170. That's even more profit to Tesla than FSD.

There are no incentives for us ( at least in Ontario), and taxes are 13%.
The exchange rate issue is even worse on the LR. Interestingly FSD actually costs less in Canada when exchange is factored in.

What happens if I order another car, except this one with Wood Trim. Can I take whichever comes first, and just cancel the other? Besides the $100, is there any other financial risk to me?
I believe that you can cancel the one you don't move forward with, and forfeit the $100 only. Not giving legal advice, but that has been my experience in cancelling these before, and is also what the order agreement you have a link to appears to provide. See the language below. Note, I am not sure why the cut and paste has the odd characters in it, but you can read it ok I think. Also, note that if there was a transportation cost, that would be in addition to the 100, but for a new car that doesn't appear to apply:

Order Process; Cancellation; Changes. After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordina1ng your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transporta1on fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transporta1on Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable es1mate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transpor1ng, remarke1ng, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise imprac1cable or extremely difficult to determine. If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to poten1al price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery loca1on or es1mated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configura1on that will form part of this Agreement. The Order Fee, Order Deposit, Transporta1on Fee and this Agreement are not made or entered into in an1cipa1on of or pending any condi1onal sale contract.

I believe that you can cancel the one you don't move forward with, and forfeit the $100 only. Not giving legal advice, but that has been my experience in cancelling these before, and is also what the order agreement you have a link to appears to provide. See the language below. Note, I am not sure why the cut and paste has the odd characters in it, but you can read it ok I think. Also, note that if there was a transportation cost, that would be in addition to the 100, but for a new car that doesn't appear to apply:

Order Process; Cancellation; Changes. After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordina1ng your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transporta1on fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transporta1on Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law. You acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable es1mate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transpor1ng, remarke1ng, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise imprac1cable or extremely difficult to determine. If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to poten1al price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery loca1on or es1mated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configura1on that will form part of this Agreement. The Order Fee, Order Deposit, Transporta1on Fee and this Agreement are not made or entered into in an1cipa1on of or pending any condi1onal sale contract.
Thank You