Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same feeling. Not a deal breaker, but not excited about it. I'm curious if a shop like RPM Tesla will offer a workable replacement. I'll be all over that. I can understand Tesla deciding it's cooler, and hey, it's their car, they can sell what they want, but it's still really weird to me that they don't even offer the wheel as an option. Oh well.
What's stupid to me is there is NO ISSUE with visibility of the IC with the round wheel, never has been. You can always see it through the top of the wheel. When you turn the wheel it gets blocked, same with the yoke. Given that is the stated reason to change it, I'm baffled.

Same feeling. Not a deal breaker, but not excited about it. I'm curious if a shop like RPM Tesla will offer a workable replacement. I'll be all over that. I can understand Tesla deciding it's cooler, and hey, it's their car, they can sell what they want, but it's still really weird to me that they don't even offer the wheel as an option. Oh well.

No one has mentioned this I think, but obviously, backing into a parking space or a SuC is where most would have the most trouble with a yoke.

Tesla has the obvious solution, auto park for only 10k more, includes a free ticket to the FSD lottery, to see if it works before you get another car.

No one has mentioned this I think, but obviously, backing into a parking space or a SuC is where most would have the most trouble with a yoke.

Tesla has the obvious solution, auto park for only 10k more, includes a free ticket to the FSD lottery, to see if it works before you get another car.
I was driving twisty canyon roads one handed and it would require two with the yoke.

OK I talked with someone at Tesla order support, they're checking to see if I'm on the list of people that qualify for the CF/Wood switcheroo. They're going to call me back.
What criteria do they use to decide if you qualify? This seems so bogus considering several forum members were told there would be a $10,000 order change charge. They have decided to waive the $10,000 fee for some secretive list of qualified individuals?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
pppp]]

Ok,

Good point! But unless you live in a cave, they are coming. Look at GM'S release yesterday. Ford, Mercedes, etc are here to stay. Have you viewed the Ford Lightning Preorders?

Yes, have you looked at Ford F150 Lightning pre-orders? Stick your head in the sand, or pay attention and adapt.
I’m not saying other companies won’t make EVs or get preorders. Of course they will. But the market is expanding faster than the companies are producing. Tesla will be most able to fill that demand.

And yes I did see the F150 preorders. Impressive. Over 70k in a week. Good for them.

And did you see the number of CT in the first day? 146k.

Now….Over a million.

Granted, many will cancel but many will order and many new orders will occur.

Legacy auto can’t just snap their fingers and switch fully to EVs. Even Audi can’t do it until 2026. Oh wait. Nope. They will still be producing ICE. Just not introducing new ICE models at that point. They have a balancing act to play between not cannibalizing ICE too quickly and going bankrupt.

Anyway….too off topic.

Last edited:
2000 pages. Time to put on your party jacket
29B720F2-BC98-47EC-82E0-BAA1890273FE.jpeg