Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one has mentioned this I think, but obviously, backing into a parking space or a SuC is where most would have the most trouble with a yoke.
Driving my (now sold) MS LR, reversing was the only time I had issues reaching for the top of the wheel. Other then that, most turns were naturally 9/3 or below.

Totally unscientific, me being 6’4 in a sedan, I am more comfortable resting my elbow on the door panel or the console and holding at 7, 6:30 or 6 than I am resting at 12 on the wheel. My shoulder would kill me. It’s this reason I am thinking I will love the yoke. My wife’s car, Honda Pilot sitting up higher not only on the road, but the seat as well I prefer holding on to the top of the wheel. But there’s no console, the arm rest is garbage and there’s no door panel.

Last edited:
Having been on vacation for the last 6 days and missing nearly 200 pages of this thread, I'm going to apologize if the following has been covered, but I've got two questions for Omar or others who have had real world experience with the refresh:

1. Re: the rear display - does it have the ability to bluetooth sync with passenger devices (headsets)? Thinking this could be more than mildly maddening for myself and my wife when the kids are in the back watching youtube videos of sophomoric idiots watching yelling at their audience to "smash the bell!"

2. Re: the yoke - okay, I've watched Omar's videos (the two I'm aware of), and yeah, I'm far from thrilled. I'd guess that it's the kind of thing that I might get used to for attentive driving, but my primary concern is for the 95% of usage that I'd consider "lazy driving". I have two hands on the wheel approximately never, and I prefer to set both my arms on the armrests (door and center console), and rest my hand on the 5 or 8 oclock position of the wheel. It appears to me that this might still be viable with the yoke, using some part of the bottom cross-member, but I can't be sure given the angles. It might also put my hand right at the bend on the yoke, making it an uncomfortable spot. Secondly, lazy around-town driving for me nearly always consists of resting my hand at the 12 oclock position, which obviously will be impossible with a yoke, but could a similar job be done resting one hand on either the left or right top cross-member of the yoke? Would love to see some one-handed usage vids with the yoke, if at all possible.

I realize this is pretty detailed, but every video I've seen demonstrating the yoke was operating the wheel as if driving very attentively with two hands fully on the wheel, which is not a condition that I prefer for the vast majority of my driving.

To all the folks who have shared their experience with a refresh Plaid, thanks for all the great footage and photos thus far!

I am NOT brand-loyal like many of you Tesla Fans here; this will be my first Tesla (also like many of you here) and this entire ordering/delivery experience has been the worst auto buying experience of my life (and gosh I cannot even count how many cars I've had)...all the bs hype, all the inaccuracies, zero communication, zero real information directly from Corp HQ and it's local representatives, all the over-promising & then under-delivering, and then especially after seeing that epic failure of what was supposed to be a professional, corporate "delivery event" with all sorts of new information and awesome "surprises," I may be one of those people who just "love the car BUT hate the company" (even though I own TSLA shares and want the company to succeed of course!).
I was not inspired by the event on 6/10, but when was it ever advertised or stated by Tesla to be anything more than a delivery event? No one ever promised "all sorts of new information" or "awesome 'surprises.'" That was all speculation on this thread, just like 95% of there posts here.

So one thing I have noticed now that I am getting used to the car is the space the yoke opens up in the IC--I have to admit I thought the argument that the yoke lets you see the IC more clearly was kind a weak sauce. The IC in the S and my wife's X are both 11" wide, but the layout in the S seems much more open--I think one of the reasons is that it is fully square instead of the weird hexagon shape. I don't think 10.2 fury takes advantage of the extra space other than design elements being bigger, but there is certainly potential there. I'll try and take a few pics to show what I mean.
You're doing a great job, mate.
And massive kudos for the "here's where you could donate if you wanted to donate" post, as well.
Regards,
David

Having been on vacation for the last 6 days and missing nearly 200 pages of this thread, I'm going to apologize if the following has been covered, but I've got two questions for Omar or others who have had real world experience with the refresh:

1. Re: the rear display - does it have the ability to bluetooth sync with passenger devices (headsets)? Thinking this could be more than mildly maddening for myself and my wife when the kids are in the back watching youtube videos of sophomoric idiots watching yelling at their audience to "smash the bell!"

2. Re: the yoke - okay, I've watched Omar's videos (the two I'm aware of), and yeah, I'm far from thrilled. I'd guess that it's the kind of thing that I might get used to for attentive driving, but my primary concern is for the 95% of usage that I'd consider "lazy driving". I have two hands on the wheel approximately never, and I prefer to set both my arms on the armrests (door and center console), and rest my hand on the 5 or 8 oclock position of the wheel. It appears to me that this might still be viable with the yoke, using some part of the bottom cross-member, but I can't be sure given the angles. It might also put my hand right at the bend on the yoke, making it an uncomfortable spot. Secondly, lazy around-town driving for me nearly always consists of resting my hand at the 12 oclock position, which obviously will be impossible with a yoke, but could a similar job be done resting one hand on either the left or right top cross-member of the yoke? Would love to see some one-handed usage vids with the yoke, if at all possible.

I realize this is pretty detailed, but every video I've seen demonstrating the yoke was operating the wheel as if driving very attentively with two hands fully on the wheel, which is not a condition that I prefer for the vast majority of my driving.

To all the folks who have shared their experience with a refresh Plaid, thanks for all the great footage and photos thus far!
1. I do not know--I heard this was going to be support, but currently is not
2. I rarely drive two handed. With the yoke, I either have left arm resting on top of the door and grab the top corner left corner of the yoke or right arm on the console armrest and grab the bottom right corner of the yoke.

Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price

Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price After Canceling Plaid+. Now CEO Elon Musk is on Twitter fixing that issue. In a request to allow
Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price After Canceling Plaid+

From Benzinga:
"Now CEO Elon Musk is on Twitter fixing that issue. In a request to allow Plaid+ order holders to pay the original Plaid price, Musk responded "Fair enough."
It's another example of Musk being the public relations department of Tesla, after the company eliminated their PR department last year."

From Google, hope it's accurate...

Last edited:
Good L-rd. I take one afternoon off to pick up my new Y and come back to find more *sugar* slinging than the monkey exhibit at the zoo. Can’t trust you all to be without supervision. That said, there appear to be offsetting penalties, so carry on.

Delivery Estimate: Blank

Attachments

• 2EA5A6AB-A1B9-472C-BAA8-F27550B9B339.jpeg
    2EA5A6AB-A1B9-472C-BAA8-F27550B9B339.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
OK, first actual bug--cannot get FLAC files to play of USB stick--see the he stick, pulls up the file names, but get a loading error. Granted, after 8 years, I have low expectations of the USB support, but still....
I have e noticed that some of the USB ports ion other cars ha e a tough time with large capacity usb. How much space is in the usb you are using or is it one that Tesla supplied. Thanks

Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price

Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price After Canceling Plaid+. Now CEO Elon Musk is on Twitter fixing that issue. In a request to allow
Elon Musk Says Tesla Will Honor Lower Plaid Model S Price After Canceling Plaid+

From Benzinga:
"Now CEO Elon Musk is on Twitter fixing that issue. In a request to allow Plaid+ order holders to pay the original Plaid price, Musk responded "Fair enough."
It's another example of Musk being the public relations department of Tesla, after the company eliminated their PR department last year."

From Google, hope it's accurate...
Here is the tweet, I think this refers to:

1623992836078.png