Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omar, been silently following your story. Congrats on the car.

I have a humble request. Can you post a large res photo of your Plaid emblem as straight on as possible? I am going to 3D print one for my Plaid (if it ever arrives).

Huge thanks!
Sure, as long as you are not selling them commercially--let me dig out my tripod so there is no shake--stay tuned

My SA has ghosted me for the past month. Maybe he quit?
I sent an email to my SA couple of days ago. I received an auto reply:
"I am currently out of the office until 5/21/2021. If you have any questions please contact the Santatna Row office"

Guess he didn't return to work and change his OOO status. Also note that it should be Santana Row, which suggests that he might have been given only a couple of minutes to pack up.

The June estimate only shows up once in a while on my pre-refresh 2020 order. My other LR order (exactly same config) placed on 01/27 never got a date so far. Some SA told me a couple of weeks ago that having no date is actually better than a future placeholder like August/September. Hmm...the many mysteries of Tesla logistics.
Still blank over here for a while now... really hoping this is true! But also secretly fearing that ole officer Rick accidentally deleted our orders! Tesla not even offering us donuts!

The June estimate only shows up once in a while on my pre-refresh 2020 order. My other LR order (exactly same config) placed on 01/27 never got a date so far. Some SA told me a couple of weeks ago that having no date is actually better than a future placeholder like August/September. Hmm...the many mysteries of Tesla logistics.

My SA said same on blank date.

1624031731683.jpeg

For those of you posting only modest increases to your insurance premiums, do you have your collision deductible set fairly high? My Allstate agent quoted me a fairly significant increase which I was planning to mitigate somewhat by maxing out the deductible. I think Tesla allows $2,500.00? My driving record is clean and I've had the same insurance policy for over 25 years so...

Monkey working overtime on my account. Last night my old Plaid+ order was auto-converted to a regular Plaid order and this morning my regular Plaid order (placed on 1/28/21) is now showing June 26-30th after a couple blank weeks. Now I suddenly have two Plaid orders competing with each other. Not sure how best to handle this, I've had no contact from any Tesla SA at any point (which I prefer) but having two identical orders competing seems kinda silly? 🐒
When you’re assigned a VIN, just cancel the other order.

Hey @TorqueMonster love your new profile pic! 👌😁

Thanks. I am so impressed by that power curve that I just could not resist. I stare at it daily in amazement. lol. There is nothing else like this and why the car is so fast. I think 60-130 mph times are going to be in between 4-4.5. would not be surprised if closer to 4!

Thanks. I am so impressed by it that power curve that I just could not resist. I stare at it daily in amazement. lol. There is nothing else like this and why the car is so fast. I think 60-30 mph times are going to be in between 4-4.5. would not be surprised if closer to 4!
I definitely agree with you. Probably low 4 seconds is a great guess. In fact, the 60-130 time is so fast, that I almost want to see a 60-160 time!