Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations. It took almost NINE YEARS to get from post 1 (in July 2012) to page 1075 (on January 27, 2021) about the time of the refresh) and less than six months to get to double that number!
This thread has become a support group for all people waiting for cars… not gonna lie I kinda love it and can’t wait to meet some of you guys at a supercharger someday after we all get our cars!

When I get my car + dragy, I will find a surface where I will hit <2 0-60 and send that data to motor trend. If they can hit 2.07 seconds 0-60 on an unprepped surface then statistically it is very possible to get below 2. Look how close @omarsultan is getting with only a few trials! He already hit 2.1.
Exactly my thoughts! I think <2.1 seconds 0-60 on the street is definitely possible with a good, non-bumpy surface. Maybe even a little better than Motor Trend's results is possible!

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

You left handed? :)
Did you try using palm to make a full turns?
Swiping to reverse gear seems to be painful. It will drive my wife crazy (short arms, don't tell her that). Maybe that could have done been on the wheel, like the rest of the controls.
As always, thank you for doing this videos. Very helpful.
I am going to get a similar yoke and practice at my desk, while making whining noises.

Congratulations. It took almost NINE YEARS to get from post 1 (in July 2012) to page 1075 (on January 27, 2021) about the time of the refresh) and less than six months to get to double that number!
Thank you, it's quite an achievement.... and in less than 5 months, this thread has added more than 1M views.

You left handed? :)
Did you try using palm to make a full turns?
Swiping to reverse gear seems to be painful. It will drive my wife crazy (short arms, don't tell her that). Maybe that could have done been on the wheel, like the rest of the controls.
As always, thank you for doing this videos. Very helpful.
I am going to get a similar yoke and practice at my desk, while making whining noises.
I am right handed, but I mostly drive left-hand dominant 🤷‍♂️ To me the screen shifter does not feel any different then have a shifter on the floor/console. Not as fast at the column mounted shifter on the older S, but not horrible. I am not a fan of the buttons by the hazard button--much more disruptive to use--glad they are only fro back-up. There was a rumor that the right thumb wheel could be used to shift--that would be awesome.

Even F1 is short of carbon....crazy
1624039812325.png

Shopping list before taking delivery:
* Dragy
* Uniden R7 (after confirming it works through the headed windshield, they normally have a gap for toll transponders,etc)
Same, and I'll order pre-cut ceramic tint (35%) for the sides and non-ceramic (35%) for the rear window. Just need confirmation the windows are the same dimensions as the prior Model S. I can install myself.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid