Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texas is a mess because you have to fund it before it leaves California - think someone else posted about that. Then it has to get hitched to a trailer headed East.

you have to pay first, they have to literally, physically go to the DMV in CALIFORNIA (of all places) to submit the paperwork...but after you pay it gets put on rail, goes through the mountain west, KC, then down to West Memphis AR, then put on a truck and driven to Dallas/Austin/San Antonio and/or then Houston.

No doubt in my mind most Texas orders are gonna be last, especially if you got any of the good looking colors.

you have to pay first, they have to literally, physically go to the DMV in CALIFORNIA (of all places) to submit the paperwork...but after you pay it gets put on rail, goes through the mountain west, KC, then down to West Memphis AR, then put on a truck and driven to Dallas/Austin/San Antonio and/or then Houston.

No doubt in my mind most Texas orders are gonna be last, especially if you got any of the good looking colors.
I did not need a reason to drink tonight, but you gave me one.

Yep. My last timeline went > 8/30/18 VIN/email>9/5/18 paperwork and wire complete>9/24 vehicle delivered. That's 18 business days from VIN to driveway. Texas will likely be at best end of July/August :(

Can't believe the configurator is still showing June for a Plaid order placed today.

Red/cream/19"/wood/NO FSD.

Just Bananas....
Can't believe Tesla is likely going to make me wait until August to take delivery and pay them $146k for my MS Plaid, lol. And why? b/c of fricken carbon fiber when it's quite clear they had enough cf to make the interior cf panels for many other MS Plaids being delivered now in June and July. My account is blank with no est delivery. :( Hmm, maybe somehow I'll get lucky and my account will change to "July xx - July xx" or I'll simply get a VIN at the end of June or in the first week or two of July?

Reactions: TNGuy99
Can't believe Tesla is likely going to make me wait until August to take delivery and pay them $146k for my Ms Plaid, lol. And why? b/c of fricken carbon fiber when it's quite clear that had enough cf to make the interior cf panels for many MS Plaids being delivered now in June and July. My account is blank with no est delivery. Hmm, maybe somehow I'll get lucky and my account will change to "July xx - July xx" or I'll simply get a VIN at the end of June in the first week or two of July?

Remember, wood is nature's composite, predates CF by quite a bit.

I did not get the call. When I do, I will say no. I was willing to wait for +. Will wait for my configuration: Red, Cream, CF and 19" wheels. A win, win, configuration. Just need a lot of strength and three months away from TMC.
Go the call this morning and switched. Actually like the wood look. Could not stand the idea of waiting two month followed up by an Elon tweet: "Carbon Fiber cancelled. Wood is just so good."

It shouldn't delay car but never know.

The only reason to keep it if aren't interested in the features as much currently would be:
1) Some code research showed that it would likely go up to $14,000 soon, BUT
2) At the same time, that also showed they would maybe offer EAP again for only $4000 total (included historically navigate on AP, Summon, few others things). You could get just EAP if this is true for only $4K, but if want FSD later you would end up paying $14K total versus just $10K now.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to cancel. Essentially, Tesla is charging now for something that doesn't work based on a threat that they will make it more expensive when it does work. That doesn't make sense to me. Buying FSD seems like a foolish example of FOMO thinking.

They reached out to me. I had Plaid + on order, not Plaid. Although I don't think they check that. One would think that if they wanted to see the real number of orders, they would do some cross referencing. But we know the "logic" that Tesla operates under.
Management at Tesla knew there were CF supply shortages so they should have offered the wood trim option from the start. So in mid-May, they offered wood trim as an option with new plaid orders; great, makes perfect sense.
Under the circumstances, an email should have been sent to existing Plaid reservation holders giving folks the option to switch from CF to wood and possibly get the car sooner. I would have said yes and probably would have kept my March order instead starting from scratch in late May.
But nope; the price goes up $10k, deliveries start, and then they decide to start reaching out to people. It's so bizarre imo

Management at Tesla knew there were CF supply shortages so they should have offered the wood trim option from the start. So in mid-May, they offered wood trim as an option with new plaid orders; great, makes perfect sense.
Under the circumstances, an email should have been sent to existing Plaid reservation holders giving folks the option to switch from CF to wood and possibly get the car sooner. I would have said yes and probably would have kept my March order instead starting from scratch in late May.
But nope; the price goes up $10k, deliveries start, and then they decide to start reaching out to people. It's so bizarre imo

It seems like they don't have management to think through these things that are obvious to all of us. All they have is tech people.

Add it to the list.

Finally caught up and what an emotional roller coaster! So many discussions and a handful of VINs. Sadly, I’m still in the July estimated delivery, but still happy (and only a little jealous) for those with SoCal VINs.

Who else is losing their sanity waiting for a VIN?

02A4754C-5BCC-45E2-8C0E-749CD68A764D.gif

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

Thank you @omarsultan for the one week yoke update! I think this shows that the yoke is a lot less "scary" than people try to make it out to be.
You are so awesome for answering everybody's questions. You completely deserved to get this car first!

Yes, this is quite disturbing. From here, I had two choices: Atlanta and Houston. Houston is MUCH closer and that's where I picked up my current car, so that's what I choose this time. I hope that doesn't stick it to me at some point. My date still says July.

Finally caught up and what an emotional roller coaster! So many discussions and a handful of VINs. Sadly, I’m still in the July estimated delivery, but still happy (and only a little jealous) for those with SoCal VINs.

Who else is losing their sanity waiting for a VIN?

View attachment 675007

You can see one tommorow, a month early, in Santa Clarita.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid