Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After front license plate frame removed

Attachments

• AF4785E7-995C-482F-9B4F-0BAF37E4A556.jpeg
    AF4785E7-995C-482F-9B4F-0BAF37E4A556.jpeg
    482.7 KB · Views: 124
  • EE91263C-F047-4DB4-9683-1DE82F4F2E46.jpeg
    EE91263C-F047-4DB4-9683-1DE82F4F2E46.jpeg
    526.8 KB · Views: 83
Thanks. I have been walking on the ledge of jumping ship and staying with Land Rover - always wanted the new Defender, These games are just making me weary. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

I know I will love the S but not sure I really need to keep going. Do not want to do anything knee-jerk. Who's to say that August will not become September, October,... I was originally given February.
Stay strong my friend!

I broke down and ordered a Model Y that was ready for delivery, got the VIN almost instantly and it's now scheduled for Friday since they said they wanted to do some inspection after the arrival of the vehicle. I'm now contemplating on holding off the MS delivery for a little while to make sure any little kinks in the early batches are resolved, but damn I still want the MS to be here tomorrow!

Also on a second thought, I guess I could have ordered the Plaid and probably get it soon too and the upfront cost would be cheaper than getting both MY and MS, but there's no way I can really appreciate the extra power on the Plaid to justify the $40-50k difference. But now I'm ending up with two Teslas lol Eh well, I guess I'll just sell the MY when I get the MS, it will be the shortest period of my car ownership career!

I cannot wait to regular folks to hit these numbers and maybe get some of these car mags to adjust their attitude a bit. I mean if goofball here can hit 2.1s on some random California backroad, I am sure someone with some access to flat, smooth asphalt can get under 2 sec. Heck, finding a driver closer to their ideal BMI is probably good for another tenth of a sec.
Lol so if the MT driver was 250lb, then it’s possible a 150lb driver could have gotten a 1.99 vs. 2.07 🤣😂
It used to be-
It may do a XYZ 0-60 but it will only do it once or twice before it overheats
It may accelerate hard from a dead stop but it is a dog up top and everything passes it
The interior is not up to the standards of a car costing this much
The cabin is too loud
and on and on

Looks like Tesla has addressed a few dings on the Model S but we still need something to talk about. So-
The wheel sucks
The car is xyz tenths/hundredths milliseconds slower then Elon said (even though you actually can get the sub 2 second performance in - wait for it - drag strip mode Note: CWhite beat me to it. I wonder if they meant for the number to be achieved at a drag strip???)

People are people. We want something to complain about. MT needs something to complain about least they be accused of being in Tesla's pocket.

It really is all good. The refresh (both LR and Plaid) are going to rock everyone's world. What is Audi going to do? BMW? MB? and heaven forbid, Porsche? Perhaps they can pick on the wheel and the "fact" that the Plaid ONLY does sub 2s on a prep'd drag strip :)

I suspect Elon knows the wheel sucks. He's just reveling in all the free publicity as everyone talks about it sucking.
And don’t forget about the Carwow guy who reminds us that the Remac is faster lol.
The Remac is impressive but it’s $2.5M, only 150 will be produced, and they’ve all been sold. Idk if 150 units is considered a true production car 🤷‍♂️. It is a sweet car though.

A slight misalignment on both only on inside. I’ll ask Tesla to look into this. Thanks for noticing
Ok thanks for responding. To clarify are you saying it is misaligned on both sides in the backseats only or are the front doors off a little?

Just asking to see if perhaps it's a thing we should expect in all cars due to a manufacturing process or if it's just variability. The other cars I've seen so far have this issue in the front. Thanks.

Serious question: Why do people redact parts of their reservation number, VIN and/or license plate number when posting? I get this is a public forum on the internet, but what can someone do with this information? Anyone can see a VIN or license plate number on a car in the wild. It’s not as if Tesla will allow anyone to redirect or cancel an order with just a RN or VIN.

Serious question: Why do people redact parts of their reservation number, VIN and/or license plate number when posting? I get this is a public forum on the internet, but what can someone do with this information? Anyone can see a VIN or license plate number on a car in the wild. It’s not as if Tesla will allow anyone to redirect or cancel an order with just a RN or VIN.
Always wonder the same thing. It’s useless information to hide lol

Ok thanks for responding. To clarify are you saying it is misaligned on both sides in the backseats only or are the front doors off a little?

Just asking to see if perhaps it's a thing we should expect in all cars due to a manufacturing process or if it's just variability. The other cars I've seen so far have this issue in the front. Thanks.
Only issue is the inside rear door panels need a slight adjustment. front door alignment inside and out perfect. Rear door outside alignment also perfect.

Ok so seriously, in my business if I had available product and waiting customers I would close that gap. If the average refresh MS is $100K they are sitting on $50MM of revenue (between the overflow lot and what’s at the factory).

I couldn’t imagine not moving that product for months. I’ve heard parts, software and paint. At this point all of those could have been resolved by now by any go getter at Tesla. What’s the real reason to sit on hundreds of cars?

Reactions: T-Racer
Thanks. I have been walking on the ledge of jumping ship and staying with Land Rover - always wanted the new Defender, These games are just making me weary. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

I know I will love the S but not sure I really need to keep going. Do not want to do anything knee-jerk. Who's to say that August will not become September, October,... I was originally given February.

Land Rover...we need an intervention, quick...