Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea but how long has it been now for the Cyber Truck and where is Plaid+ lol. Might be a bit negative but it's hard not to be with the way this has been going...
I have faith in the Cybertruck. Remember in 2019, Tesla quoted late 2021 as the start of production. Deliveries may not be this year, but definitely Q1 2022. Last we heard from Elon on the Cybertruck, which was at the Q4 2020 earnings call, he stated that all of the engineering had been completed, and parts of the design, and bringing it to production remained.

No, I have you the thumbs down because you used false logic.

You can use 4680 cells in any quantity so looking at the range doesn't tell you what cells are involved.

If you need an example the Model S has had 60, 70, 75, 80, 90, 100 kWh packs (not in that order chronologically) and all had the same 18650 cells.

Saying a car can't have 4680 cells if the range isn't 520 miles is false logic.

Whatever the current range of a Model S LR or Plaid is they could achieve that range with any cell type 18650, 2170, or 4680.

It would be a lot lighter if that were the case. You can be 99% sure there are not 4680 cells in these cars.

So quick update. Thursday a rep from Fremont called to switch trim from CF to wood. Said delivery should happen over next few weeks, no change in price. I agreed, updated about 24 hours later in my account.

yesterday, as I refreshed my account page for the 1000th time that day, I went from blank to an august delivery, wtf. Tried to get in touch with Fremont rep, nothing. Called Devon Dealer, spoke to my SA and another person. Both said that it does look like car is coming in next few weeks, June is a big maybe, based on what it looked like in the system since the CF to Wood switch. But would keep me posted. They said they wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t see a vin very soon.

account still showing august delivery. Based on the recent flyover video and from what I am hearing, if you have wood interior it’s going to come soon. Will keep everyone posted. 🤞🤞

On another note, wishing all of the TMC fathers a Happy Fathers day!

I used to waste so much money modding cars to make them faster. This car is going to save me money...no mods needed! 😁 Just have to buy the next model for higher performance as it rolls out.
Me too I told the wife it's a money saver lol

Few million miles! I am replacing mine mostly because it hit 100K miles.
I know used car market conditions are crazy, but I’m selling my M3P for $1800 less than it cost me in December 2018. In the end it will have cost me $50/mo to own the car for 2.5 years and 28k miles.

edit: December 2018 not 2019. Where does the time go?

Last edited:
I have faith in the Cybertruck. Remember in 2019, Tesla quoted late 2021 as the start of production. Deliveries may not be this year, but definitely Q1 2022. Last we heard from Elon on the Cybertruck, which was at the Q4 2020 earnings call, he stated that all of the engineering had been completed, and parts of the design, and bringing it to production remained.
I admire your positivity sir

Watching the latest Gabeincal video makes me concerned a bit. If the rollout of the refresh is starting to roll, why are there still a large number of cars sitting in that extended storage area? It doesn't appear any have moved and while I have previously noted that some parts seem to be missing (driver's IP in particular) is this something that can be rectified by a team quickly in order to get them into owners hands?

I posted my theory here before. But I think there are two main possibilities:

A) These are mostly LRs they decided to cannibalize for parts to let them deliver more Plaids before end of quarter. They “borrowed” the wood trim so they could offer Plaid models with that instead of CF. They’ll fix these up and ship them after June 30th (or when they run out of Plaid + wood trim orders).

B) These models were part of an initial run and found to have a significant defect, which they don’t have time/bandwidth to rectify. Later these will either get fixed or taken apart and salvaged somehow. Possibly these represent the first week of production and the problem found with them is why they had to delay the launch event by a week.

I posted my theory here before. But I think there are two main possibilities:

A) These are mostly LRs they decided to cannibalize for parts to let them deliver more Plaids before end of quarter. They “borrowed” the wood trim so they could offer Plaid models with that instead of CF. They’ll fix these up and ship them after June 30th (or when they run out of Plaid + wood trim orders).

B) These models were part of an initial run and found to have a significant defect, which they don’t have time/bandwidth to rectify. Later these will either get fixed or taken apart and salvaged somehow. Possibly these represent the first week of production and the problem found with them is why they had to delay the launch event by a week.
I wonder if they're going to be test drive cars after they sort the parts issue.

I know used car market conditions are crazy, but I’m selling my M3P for $1800 less than it cost me in December 2018. In the end it will have cost me $50/mo to own the car for 2.5 years and 28k miles.

edit: December 2018 not 2019. Where does the time go?
I just sold my 2021 S LR with 12,000 miles (long commute) for the price I paid, including sales tax. Used cars are nuts right now!