Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't agree more w/ your logic... my street alone has multiple tire-eating potholes. Happy to save $4k, I guess.

How do you feel about navigating Boston in a S vs. a 3? I think I will miss the "point and shoot" nature of the 3... ideal for lane changes on 93 and cutting people off in roundabouts...
My 3 is my wife's car. She finally let me key my phone to it a month ago, after 2.5 years. For the past months, driving it just makes the pain of not having my S that much more acute. I've never driven it in Boston itself (we live 30 minutes north of the city.) I have no reason to believe that driving the S will be any less fun, anywhere, than driving the 3. Well, with the possible exception of navigating in and out of my garage space. But I'll get used to it.

Regarding the front license plate, the refresh has that weird 5-point screw on the face of the plate itself and not the underneath part that required needle nose pliers previous. There's nothing on the bottom to remove, so it should be far easier to remove these plates. I haven't tried it myself yet, so cannot verify what lies beneath (glue or otherwise) and if there's an actual hole below all that.

I have a photo, will upload it later.

Edit: Now with photos.
I did not buy my tool in vain!

I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me. Ordered my Plaid (Black, white interior, cf, 19's) on May 22nd. The estimated delivery said "June" immediately, about a week after that it went blank. 3 weeks later I'm back at "June".

I've been reading pages and pages of this thread and I'm trying to find a pattern. I've heard blank delivery dates are actually good. I've heard July is their main goal that they want to delivery but more than likely it'll be a much later date. I'm literally in the worst position as possible because at first the white seats were seen as a shortage, then CF, and now the 19' wheels are at shortage mark as well.

Ok
This is what I'm talking about.
For anyone on the fence, NOTHING does this. Literally nothing.
There may be some ICE out there that pull this hard 60-130 but nothing short of a 1600 lb 940 hp ChampCar in gear, on song and hot tires can respond to a throttle stab like this. Nothing!

It's like having a plane with some real power. You are no longer limited to left/right. Up/down is now a viable option for handling a situation. In the case of Plaid cruising along at 60 mph, acceleration is now a real viable option for handling a situation.

I'm excited!!!
Really keen to see how the LR goes in comparison

The good news is that my push notifications from Home Assistant + that script work properly, and even woke me up!
The bad news is that "5YJEpCDy2FSlhDHhZVo5N5RBAwe8qF" isn't a VIN, it was just part of a CSRF token.

C'est la vie. At least I can go about my normal workday knowing that sometime this year an accurate alert will probably come my way.

Limit the length ;)
I popped in a pull request by the way, you were missing the mqtt module from your requirements.txt

I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me. Ordered my Plaid (Black, white interior, cf, 19's) on May 22nd. The estimated delivery said "June" immediately, about a week after that it went blank. 3 weeks later I'm back at "June".

I've been reading pages and pages of this thread and I'm trying to find a pattern. I've heard blank delivery dates are actually good. I've heard July is their main goal that they want to delivery but more than likely it'll be a much later date. I'm literally in the worst position as possible because at first the white seats were seen as a shortage, then CF, and now the 19' wheels are at shortage mark as well.
I don’t think there is a date pattern. I’ve been blank over a week - after every other date you could have. Ordered in Jan. The site still had June estimates last I checked. I’m sure there are logistics/batches behind where and when. You’ll drive yourself crazy. Trust me.

Mine was June, and then it wasn’t, and now still isn’t. Welcome to the club lol

Folks who received their cars already, can you confirm if it includes license plate frames? If it does, are those plates black or chrome?
Don't know about actual delivered MS Plaids, but I already ordered and had delivered a carbon fiber license plate frame with the red TESLA on it and you can even get them custom made with anything on it like PLAID or S PLAID or whatever you want. 😎

Reactions: Drew-MS and rpan25
Regarding the standard 19" wheels/deliveries:

Afaik, none of us has seen a single dark grey tempest wheel or cover in the real world, yet. We've only seen website renders. I know speculation is the standard currency of this forum right now, but It is a pretty darned safe bet that anyone who ordered a Plaid with those wheels won't receive their car until @gabeincal shows us at least one single example of a Model S with them installed.

I know some refresh cars with silver tempest wheels have been seen out in the world, but those are almost certainly coming from the Fremont dirt lot, and the vast majority of the cars in that lot are LR. The few Plaid cars I've spotted in that mix have Arachnids.

Welcome to the club! I sold my S63 back in FEB because my Plaid was scheluded for March delivery as per account details... Tried many different cars including Taycan Turbo S, you are correct, NOTHING competes with this car, August here we come!
Nice another one from Ontario, please feel free to check out the Canada specific delivery thread as well which i created. Looks like we are getting the cars at the same time hopefully