Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I landed a unicorn! Busy work day for me, but pretty crazy update:

I had previously been matched to a Plaid Black/Black/Wood/21" on the way, but because I'm the persistent type, I kept calling around to see if stores in in Illinois had the exact configuration I was looking for. Just today a store near Chicago had a Plaid Black/White/Wood/21" up for grabs because the person who ordered it will be overseas next week and cannot take delivery before EOQ.

They pinged and the car was near Salt Lake City, destined for delivery on the 28th. More excited than ever now!
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: Ormond and rhuber
I hadn't gotten a response to my last few texts, so I called the University Village store and got a sales person. She insisted that no LR models had been built yet let alone delivered, which obviously isn't true. She seemed pretty insistent about it - not sure if that's the line she was told to say, or if she just has bad information.

She submitted a request to change my order to have the Arachnids. We'll see what happens from here. Hope I don't regret it!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The bolt configuration hasn't changed. However, the wheels are wider on the refresh; both the 19s and 20s come with F9.5" and R10.5". The prior S had 8" or 8.5" all around for the 19s and the 21s" were F8.5" R9". They might fit on the car but I have to believe there's a good reason Tesla widened the wheels. Plus if you decided to try the wheels from the prior S, you'd have to use spacers.
Well…that’s just great! I ordered Martian forged 19” wheels, non-staggered, about A month after I placed my order in Feb. Along with the green eye of my Tesla charger, the stack of wheels, also fitted with Conty DWS+ tires, are a constant reminder of how ridiculous this process is with Tesla.

Anyone want to buy great looking, light and strong wheels for a pre-refresh model S?

That Ebay listing is total BS. The person selling the car (buy-it-now $225K) joined Ebay (0 transactions) on June 22, 2021. Staring bid at $160k lmao.
Looks super sketch.....
And the pic is the MSM Plaid sitting in the parking lot about a month ago.
The pictures aren't theirs and there are many inaccuracies in the description. Also, the subtitle says it is a 2022 model. I encourage everyone to report it to eBay so that the listing is removed.

Just got some photos with the tint on, I'll pick up tomorrow. She said it looks amazing and the photos dont do it justice.

Attachments

• 123_1-1.jpeg
    123_1-1.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 86
Speaking to my SA, three are getting delivered. First was yesterday morning. Whomever does get one first, let's definitely meet up!
I stopped by Westchase at lunch. There was a Blue LR there, presumably by the lack of badge.

The Ebony wood looks fantastic. It really lightens up a lot in the sun. If you look at my pics in the shadow, that’s the overall impression you get. But when the sun hits it, it gets lighter. Looks great.

Interior is a HUGE improvement.

F1994EB5-DD5A-451A-967B-0766535C042D.jpeg
8F6872C2-3BAF-43A9-A615-111A62035D96.jpeg

I stopped by Westchase at lunch. There was a Blue LR there, presumably by the lack of badge.

The Ebony wood looks fantastic. It really lightens up a lot in the sun. If you look at my pics in the shadow, that’s the overall impression you get. But when the sun hits it, it gets lighter. Looks great.

View attachment 677681View attachment 677682
that is a long range, you can tell by the seats.

The pictures aren't theirs and there are many inaccuracies in the description. Also, the subtitle says it is a 2022 model. I encourage everyone to report it to eBay so that the listing is removed.
Yes, I did... There's another listing on Ebay by someone who ordered a Plaid prior to the $10k price increase, and he's trying to sell his reservation to someone else for $5,000. There's zero chance Tesla would allow that person to transfer the reservation to another person. Total db move.

You are just saying that so none of us will bid on it and you can snag that one for yourself... 😂

Really?!! I like the stock photos from the internet! Wrong screen!

Yeah, that's a fake ad.

Edited to add: and, yes, I reported it.

Last edited:
Yes. My Plaid is supposed to be delivered to my home on Monday. Not sure why they are doing that. It's just as easy for me to leave work and go the SC as it is to go home.
Folks under-estimate how crazy EoQ is--one of the reasons they do home delivery is because they run out of space at the delivery center--both for staged cars and to physically move people through.

View attachment 677681View attachment 677682
I'm not sure if I like the ebony wood. I ordered it so it is what it is but I might have it wrapped or stained darker. I wish it looked like the dark ash wood in the prior S.