Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hearing that 19"'s likely wouldn't be available until August I went ahead and accepted Arachnids and Blue over MSM, need to adjust my signature. Good news is that my trade in increased by $4,500 so free tires, yay! Also was able to verify my $2,000 pre-refresh discount would be honored. Got a VIN and should get the car next week. I have been agonizing and speculating with you gents since February. I feel bad for the ones still waiting and I celebrate everyone's VIN. Thank you all for getting me through the last 4 months. My first Tesla and I am pumped to have something to plug that January charger into. Have a nice weekend, I will still check here but no more refreshing my Tesla account.
I'm really hoping the 19s in August are for new orders. I'll be pretty aggravated if they just start delivering cars with 19s in August.

I guess there was a delete in Tesla 60 - 130 mph time.

On a serious note, people are wising up about posting themselves seriously exceeding the posted limit. Your likely safe doing it but if something happens and they find it..........
Yup the videos are fun to watch but I definitely won't be posting videos driving 130+ on public roads.

RI allows one to get an exempt from their Dr. and sent to the DMV. I have 40% all around on my 3 and a 5% strip on the top of my windshield. Perfectly legal.
But I have to convince a doctor to write that letter. I will consider trying, but if I haven't complained about light my whole life, he'll have a hard time buying my BS.

I'm really hoping the 19s in August are for new orders. I'll be pretty aggravated if they just start delivering cars with 19s in August.
I hear you, that really deflated me.

I wanted to let people know that my order date stayed the same with updating the tires so if anyone was curious, although I did it via an SA as opposed to online.

Definitely the case for new orders.
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 1.57.23 PM.png

Okay, so since Tesla super short sheeted me on timing, I was unable to trade my P90D against the Plaid and lost the thou$ands in sales tax credit. Boo.

The good news is that a dedicated Tesla buyer from WAY out of town will be getting my P90D. He is flying in and road tripping back. So what provisions will have to be made for him to get back with my car. I'm not worried about title transfer, payment and all that jazz. I'm talking about Supercharger access and movement of the car from my account to his. He suggested there is some way to add him to my account, but only to the P90D and not the Plaid. I don't think the app would have to ability to totally isolate two cars within the same app by user name/email.

After hearing that 19"'s likely wouldn't be available until August I went ahead and accepted Arachnids and Blue over MSM, need to adjust my signature. Good news is that my trade in increased by $4,500 so free tires, yay! Also was able to verify my $2,000 pre-refresh discount would be honored. Got a VIN and should get the car next week. I have been agonizing and speculating with you gents since February. I feel bad for the ones still waiting and I celebrate everyone's VIN. Thank you all for getting me through the last 4 months. My first Tesla and I am pumped to have something to plug that January charger into. Have a nice weekend, I will still check here but no more refreshing my Tesla account.
Trading into Tesla?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The good news is that a dedicated Tesla buyer from WAY out of town will be getting my P90D. He is flying in and road tripping back. So what provisions will have to be made for him to get back with my car. I'm not worried about title transfer, payment and all that jazz. I'm talking about Supercharger access and movement of the car from my account to his. He suggested there is some way to add him to my account, but only to the P90D and not the Plaid. I don't think the app would have to ability to totally isolate two cars within the same app by user name/email.
You just use the Tesla site to transfer the vehicle to his account directly: Tesla Account Support

Follow these steps to remove a car from your account:

1. Sign in to your Tesla Account.
  2. Select ‘Manage’ next to the car you’d like to transfer or remove.
  3. Scroll down and select ‘Remove Car.’
  4. If you're transferring to a new buyer, submit their information. If not, select 'Skip this Step.'
  5. Submit your removal request.
  6. You will receive an email asking you to approve the removal request. Once you accept, the removal will be final.

Note: If you transferred directly to the new owner, they will also receive an email confirmation. If no Tesla Account is associated with their email address, they’ll receive a second email to complete their account set-up.

Just make sure to not use the "Skip this Step" option or the car gets orphaned and they buyer would have to submit paperwork to Tesla and wait for them to add the vehicle to their account.

Note: You can also add them as a driver to just the P90D: Tesla Account Support (Your additional driver will have access to all Tesla app features except requesting Roadside Assistance and purchasing Upgrades.)