Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to the Delivery Center in Marina Del Ray. First time anyone answered in forever. Nothing really to report other than he said I should be seeing a VIN very soon. Very soon in his view is a week or less. I've told 3 different people now that I don't care about color or which wheels come on the car and he did see that notated in my account, so I have no idea what car I'll end up with at this point, but I do have 19's ordered currently.

Called my Loyalty Advisor in Fremont and was told that 19” wheels begin deliveries “maybe in 2 weeks baring no further delays” and that the new August date is for new deliveries.
Of course you share this just after I told them to change my order to 21s ;-)

Not that I put too much stake in any of these kinds of statements from Tesla people at this point, especially when they have qualifiers like "maybe". But who knows.

Of course you share this just after I told them to change my order to 21s ;-)

Not that I put too much stake in any of these kinds of statements from Tesla people at this point, especially when they have qualifiers like "maybe". But who knows.
Meanwhile, I called three days ago to change to 21s and they still haven’t yet lol.

Can anyone with the refreshed S or Plaid find out why the rear hiproom dimensions appeared to have shrunk nearly 4 inches from the previous S? Just a tape measurement from bottom seat edge to edge would be great. I'm wondering if this is due to the wider doors or are there some funny angles Tesla is using for measurement now. They list it at 50.3" in the manual however the Model 3 has nearly 2 inches at (52.4") more hip room than an S which makes no sense. I'm trying to see if even fitting three car seats in the back is even an option given that my Model 3 can fit only 2. Might have to switch to an X.

AND THANKS!!

Can anyone with the refreshed S or Plaid find out why the rear hiproom dimensions appeared to have shrunk nearly 4 inches from the previous S? Just a tape measurement from bottom seat edge to edge would be great. I'm wondering if this is due to the wider doors or are there some funny angles Tesla is using for measurement now. They list it at 50.3" in the manual however the Model 3 has nearly 2 inches at (52.4") more hip room than an S which makes no sense. I'm trying to see if even fitting three car seats in the back is even an option given that my Model 3 can fit only 2. Might have to switch to an X.

AND THANKS!!
I’m guessing the new seat design?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I did not get any messages beforehand. In fact I made the mistake of checking at 3am on my account when I got up to use the bathroom and after seeing that I couldn't get back to sleep. I got the SMS/email to schedule delivery maybe 8 hours later.
Lol checking in the middle of the night means it's pretty serious. And I thought I've been checking my account a lot.
Car looks awesome.. great to see Tesla and the FL DMV got their sh*t together 👍

I see you asked about the CF, I hope he replies to your question!
Brooks just answered on IG...YES, his car is RED with black seats and CARBON FIBER interior trim, so THERE TESLA! The issue with CF trim is a bunch of B.S. you're feeding "selected" people while others get their MS Plaids with CF trim NOW!