Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/Y and S/X are on totally different production line
I know that but those lines are busier. More man power is put into it and they're sucking away a lot of the similar material needed for Model S/X. Paint, interior vegan leather etc is all the same. Just because they're on different lines it doesn't mean one has no effect on the other.

Has anyone had luck changing configuration more than once and kept their $119K pricing? I initially changed paint color when the order was moved from Plaid+ to Plaid but now that more photos and videos are being posted of the ebony wood interior, I would like to switch from CF to that. I've tried calling my local Tesla location with no luck. Is there an alternate point of contact that may be able to accommodate something like this?

It's pretty frustrating that they're limiting trim adjustments on such an expensive car, especially when they essentially only provided online renders to order from. They also didn't give Plaid+ reservation holders much time to review and confirm months old trim decisions. I'm a little frustrated at Tesla about this issue.

Question: since I see multiple people ask about the 14-50 adapter on the power cord, on a trade-in am I expected to give them my existing power cord?
I would just keep it on a trade in, but if you need to purchase it again it is only $45. It seems incredibly cheap of Tesla to nickel and dime us like this on such an expensive car, but Elon must have looked at the data and decided that no one actually uses a NEMA 14-50 charger. 😆 I guess charging your car is as worthless as passenger lumbar support.

So you’re saying they now won’t fulfill our orders because they’re going to start filling orders for other countries?
It wasn't a pleasant conversation to be honest. He seemed really bored out of his mind.

Me: When do i expect to get delivery?

Front desk guy: In september/october. We make for US only 4 times a year.

Me: Will I get mine in September if i were to place an order today?

FDG: Yes

Me: Will I still get mine in september if I have placed an order in March?

FDG: You will get it sooner

Me: when?

FDG: In September

Me: (FML) Bye. Also, when will the changes (color and wheel) show up in my account? will there be an email confirmation?

FDG: In 2-3 days. Everyone is very busy. Also no email, the process is very blind.

The changes showed up in my account in 10 minutes. Also received an email 🤦‍♂️

Just exploring options. I'm looking into wraps but not sure that's the way to go for the reasons you mention.
As a first time buyer and recent forum member, Here are the biggest things that strike me while reading the forum.
1. Everyone loves quality of product.
2. Performance (Range, MPH or 0-60) is varied from person to person, but a major reason they buy which car they like.
3. Customer Service Sucks, everyone agrees.
4. Seems like Tesla owners are not "hands on" owners and prefer to have others do the retros/upgrades.
5. Lots of performance/Drag racers on here for the Plaid.
My thoughts on these:
1. I'm sure my wife will love it. (Have Range Rover currently which is LESS than I expected on ride and luxury.)
2. We are buying for 50+ lady, so range and comfort is really all I care about.
3. Agreed, but I've had a 2021 4dr Bronco on order since July 2020 and seems like Ford has same issues with Supply chain, although Ford has sent me 2 emails, Tesla 0.
4. I've always been one you like to do the work to customize, upgrade and service my own vehicles. I consider this a big part of knowing how the simple parts of your auto works.
5.Drag Racing, my family owns a couple of ICE drag cars, a 1964 Ford Falcon (licensed and street legal) That runs 5.4 in 1/8 and 8.3 in 1/4 mile. 90 Mustang that runs 4.4 in 1/8 mile. So I guess I don't get the infatuation with the drag racing aspect. Both cars were built by my brother and nephew on off time as they own another type of business.

Are you being serious right now? You want a vinyl wrap to make the wood look more authentic? I put chrome delete on my previous Model S, but I don’t think vinyl on the dash will give you a luxurious impression on the interior.
They could just buy shelving contact paper. They make several wood grain options.

I asked about that. She said they will not deliver until everything is "perfect". I asked about EOQ, she said they told her it was more important that the car was right

Bizarre. You determine what's perfect and what's not but still acceptable. I'd take the car and ask the wheel swap to happen at a later date. But it sounds like something else is at play too because Tesla has never taken that attitude, especially at end of quarter.

Either way good luck!! You're going to love the car no matter the wheels and it is going to be worth the hassle.

It wasn't a pleasant conversation to be honest. He seemed really bored out of his mind.

Me: When do i expect to get delivery?

Front desk guy: In september/october. We make for US only 4 times a year.

Me: Will I get mine in September if i were to place an order today?

FDG: Yes

Me: Will I still get mine in september if I have placed an order in March?

FDG: You will get it sooner

Me: when?

FDG: In September

Me: (FML) Bye. Also, when will the changes (color and wheel) show up in my account? will there be an email confirmation?

FDG: In 2-3 days. Everyone is very busy. Also no email, the process is very blind.

I had the exact same conversation today with a SA. said I’ll get it in September with my May order. Said July and August production is for China and Europe.

Said I can’t change config to help with speeding it up.

If the site didn’t say June when I ordered I wouldn’t be so annoyed.

Yeah there’s an automated email for every config change, it just tells you to check your account to confirm the right changes happened. It does seem to take up to a day for changes to appear sometimes, though. Mine took around 18 hours I think.

I had the exact same conversation today with a SA. said I’ll get it in September with my May order. Said July and August production is for China and Europe.

That seems unlikely--the European configurators are currently showing Q1 2022 for both the Plaid and LR. Seems like maybe you are getting a canned answer.

I got to see my Plaid the other day, white exterior and saw the badge on the back. What would be the best way to make the Plaid badge look the same color as the black trim, ie door handles etc. I think on the white car it would look great. Paint shop or someone selling them with the same finish?
I'm doing the same with my Plaid...going to ask the auto detailing company (that is doing the Ceramic-Pro coating & window tint) if they can do a quick chrome delete on the rear PLAID emblem and the Tesla logo on the front...assuming it's just a black vinyl wrap?