Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla delivered my black/black 21" today. Delivery went perfectly except for 2 spots in the rear where fabric is peeling off and needs to be reglued. They should have cought that.

Otherwise car is great. It took me 10 minutes to get used to the yolk. Im still figuring out the rest of the tech as this is my first Tesla.

My only complaint is Im using close to 400wh/mi highway when I should be around 200. That gives me a range of under 200 miles. I had the air on and was accelerating a bit but not driving crazy. Any ideas how to increase my range?

Tesla delivered my black/black 21" today. Delivery went perfectly except for 2 spots in the rear where fabric is peeling off and needs to be reglued. They should have cought that.

Otherwise car is great. It took me 10 minutes to get used to the yolk. Im still figuring out the rest of the tech as this is my first Tesla.

My only complaint is Im using close to 400wh/mi highway when I should be around 200. That gives me a range of under 200 miles. I had the air on and was accelerating a bit but not driving crazy. Any ideas how to increase my range?
The average Wh/mi on the Plaid should be closer to 350 I think (not looking at the exact figure now). On my LR M3 I average around 250.

How fast did you drive it and for how long? The power consumption starts off pretty high for each trip but drops considerably after 3-5 miles. It shouldn't be 200 wh/mi either, should be around 325-350 wh/mi

Congrats! Plaid or LR? You definitely should not expect 200wh/mi on the highway, that would be crazy efficient. I’m not sure what the target is for the Plaid or LR, especially with the 21s, but it’s probably more like 300wh/mi air higher in good highway conditions and higher at higher speeds.

Note that the 2020 Model S LR, rated at 370 miles, with the old 21” wheels, was good for 359 miles at 60mph but 302 miles at 70mph, and 255 miles at 80mph. Speed makes a huge difference.

My quick math suggests that was around 275wh/mi at 60mph, so I guess maybe the new LR should do slightly better than that?

Based on data from:

I answered earlier but not as a direct reply. My MVPA showed up at the same time the final payment option showed up, which was this morning for both (delivery scheduled for 3pm Wednesday).

However this is just the initial MVPA alongside my order agreement. I don’t have anything to sign yet, I assume that happens at delivery. But I’m waiting to make payment until they confirm the car makes it to the SC and is ready for me to pick up.

I answered earlier but not as a direct reply. My MVPA showed up at the same time the final payment option showed up, which was this morning for both (delivery scheduled for 3pm Wednesday).

However this is just the initial MVPA alongside my order agreement. I don’t have anything to sign yet, I assume that happens at delivery. But I’m waiting to make payment until they confirm the car makes it to the SC and is ready for me to pick up.
I got the MVPA 2 days prior. When I got there I scanned the QR code, entered my name and number and waited for a call. Someone inside called, introduced himself and said "you have a check from Navy Federal, right?" Invited me inside where I handed him the check and he said my car would now reboot and I could use my phone to enter it and sign the documents inside. Dropped them in a dropbox and drove away.

Part of me thinks this is okay, kinda like ordering a car online... very impersonal and free of unnecessary interactions. Part of me misses my first delivery in 2015 where they had literal red carpet laid out and a giant bow on the car. Everyone was so excited to tell me all about the car. Crazy how different it is now.

I got the MVPA 2 days prior. When I got there I scanned the QR code, entered my name and number and waited for a call. Someone inside called, introduced himself and said "you have a check from Navy Federal, right?" Invited me inside where I handed him the check and he said my car would now reboot and I could use my phone to enter it and sign the documents inside. Dropped them in a dropbox and drove away.

Part of me thinks this is okay, kinda like ordering a car online... very impersonal and free of unnecessary interactions. Part of me misses my first delivery in 2015 where they had literal red carpet laid out and a giant bow on the car. Everyone was so excited to tell me all about the car. Crazy how different it is now.
I’ll take a red piece of lint at this point.

OK so I'm picking up in CO and I'm looking at Tesla's info on registration. My CU said they'd handle TT&L for me, but this page is unclear on whether I'll have temp tags in NM. Anyone know the deal here? I'm googling and not finding much.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Quick rundown on the LR version: It's freaking fantastic. The end.

Jokes aside, this car is everything I wanted and more. Having owned a few Teslas, I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect as much as I got. The car is unreal. My first S was 0-60 in 5.2, the second was 4.2. My MY was 3.5 and this thing feels infinitely faster. The torque is sustained so much further. Maybe not as much as the Plaid, but more than enough. This thing is stupid fast. I thought I'd regret not getting the Plaid, but I don't at all. Good for those of you that want/need that much more, but I'm good.

The fit and finish are so far ahead what Tesla has produced up until now. It's so damn comfortable, quiet, and amazing all the way around.

The yoke is dumb. It's fine and I'm getting used to it, but it's completely unnecessary. It serves no practical value, other than a better line of vision. Looks cool as hell though and definitely gets the attention of the baristas in the drive-thru.

I was excited for this car, maybe more than any since my first (nothing compares to your first time ;)), but can't even begin to describe how much this thing has surpassed my expectations.

I hope you all get your cars soon!

Oh, another piece of info for you. I had a mobile tech come out to the house for something today and he said he had done some test work up in Fremont on the new S. He said the plan was to pretty soon make the Yoke an "option". The plan is for a regular wheel to be the standard and the yoke will be a $500 option.

Of course "soon" in Tesla lingo could be never or years, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quick rundown on the LR version: It's freaking fantastic. The end.

Jokes aside, this car is everything I wanted and more. Having owned a few Teslas, I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect as much as I got. The car is unreal. My first S was 0-60 in 5.2, the second was 4.2. My MY was 3.5 and this thing feels infinitely faster. The torque is sustained so much further. Maybe not as much as the Plaid, but more than enough. This thing is stupid fast. I thought I'd regret not getting the Plaid, but I don't at all. Good for those of you that want/need that much more, but I'm good.

The fit and finish are so far ahead what Tesla has produced up until now. It's so damn comfortable, quiet, and amazing all the way around.

The yoke is dumb. It's fine and I'm getting used to it, but it's completely unnecessary. It serves no practical value, other than a better line of vision. Looks cool as hell though and definitely gets the attention of the baristas in the drive-thru.

I was excited for this car, maybe more than any since my first (nothing compares to your first time ;)), but can't even begin to describe how much this thing has surpassed my expectations.

I hope you all get your cars soon!
What’s the efficiency so far for the LR S in wh/m?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid