Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool thanks. This is what I'm referring to - perhaps it;s just the angle.

View attachment 679719
if the new S hatch is anything like the old S hatch, that is an easy alignment fix (assuming the stamping machine isnt the culprit). when i got rear ended in 2018, the replacement hatch did have this sort of misalignment. The body shop was able to fix it by adjusting the hatch hinges...

I guess this kind of power and tech comes at a price. Some people get upset that we call out these misalignments and like someone said it's no offense to the owner as they didn't build the car. Others like me will keep pointing it out and complain about it which is natural because panels gaps and misaligned parts should really be a thing of the past in this day and age (and especially at this price point). In the end, panel gaps or none I won't refuse delivery over it knowing that it's on all if not most Tesla's out there. Only the enthusiasts or the Tesla haters will call it out and the average Joe won't care if our cars have misaligned panels. I care because I have OCD and expect more, but like I said, the other aspects of the car will more than enough make up for it. There, I've accepted it. Can I have my S now?!?!? Still blank fwiw…
That also sums it up for me. I won't buy any other car other than a Model S, however I will be the first to admit if I see something not perfect, but at the same time in the grand scheme of things, the rest of the car more than makes up for it. Does that mean I am a fanboy? I don't think so, but maybe that's just me justifying my thought process. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about how I feel about Tesla in general. No dis-respect to anyone.

Wow, just got a call after having my date change to August this morning, car is ready for pickup at 6 pm today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is hope, LR, ordered in January!

Or NOT, they called back and VIN is gone. Looking for new car.... That was painful.....

They really know how to build excitement, this is crazy. I feel like a kid at Christmas... Back to August EDD🤪

Last edited:
if the new S hatch is anything like the old S hatch, that is an easy alignment fix (assuming the stamping machine isnt the culprit). when i got rear ended in 2018, the replacement hatch did have this sort of misalignment. The body shop was able to fix it by adjusting the hatch hinges...
Had similar issues on my 2019 Raven Model S LR. It was a mobile service fix to make it "within spec". So that last part is important. Has to be out of spec to be adjusted. You can argue with Tesla what they deem in and out of spec.

Funny enough, I just went to configured a Red Plaid with 19"s and black/wood interior... Delivers: June. (August for CF)

I know they're being overly optimistic about deliveries and have that coded into it... but I don't think anyone has received 19s, at all, have they?
Apparently some SA have said yes, but I'm not so sure. Nobody here has received with 19s. No pics in the wild

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It is real and confirmed. I showed off the drag race mode over lunch today and its awesome. Scared the sh*t out of a friend that had ridden in my 2018 LR.
Nick - when I get to dragstrip mode and I begin to power brake, the car acts like it doesn't know its in drag strip mode (like a big warning comes up that you are pressing both pedals). DO i just stay on them both until the car says to launch? I couldn't figure it out on the display.

Does it have to precondition to get peak performance?
Yes it needs to pre-condition. Seems to take 2-4 minutes. Then going into launch mode it takes about 10-15 seconds to get into cheetah mode. Don't have a draggy, but can download an app for GPS times.
IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg