Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IIRC mine is about 330 Wh/mi so far, but that includes weird things like multiple 0-60 runs and the like.
This is absolutely amazing. My M3P averages around 330 with normal highway driving (75 mph). It's incredible to see a car that's much heavier and with 2.5x the horsepower seeing the same efficiency even with some 0-60 blasts. Just...wow.

For all of you that are curious about Tesla offering a full steering wheel on the Model S, here is a very interesting clue to that, found while rewatching the delivery event.
This frame is from the 18:43 mark:
Screenshot (96).png

Here is the video starting from 18:41:

For all of you that are curious about Tesla offering a full steering wheel on the Model S, here is a very interesting clue to that, found while rewatching the delivery event.
This frame is from the 18:42 mark:
View attachment 680396

Here is the video starting from 18:41:

Lots of stuff in the service manuals shows a normal wheel as well. They will offer one, I'll bet your hat on it.

Btw, I never gave my official "yoke report", so here goes:

It is fine. A bit gimmicky and no real advantage or disadvantage to me. I guess I like the visibility, but would have been nice to see both and decide.

BUT:

The haptic turn signals are also fine EXCEPT for one major annoyance I'm almost certain they'll fix in a future revision: I inadvertently hit the right turn signal button every time I use the right-direction-click of the scroll wheel next to it, to change to the next song. I am working around it and aim lower on the wheel now, but it annoys me and I bet a lot of folks with larger hands than mine will be annoyed.

The 3.1 for the LR is without rollout while the 1.99 for plaid is with rollout and special coating on drag strip.
Um, or ~ 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph without the rollout on the street (which btw, all drag strips use the rollout when you're timed & pretty much all other auto mfgrs & car mags use as well to calculate 0-60mph times) AND 1/4 mi. in 9.2-9.3 sec. @ 152-154mph for the Plaid.

So, again, whether it's 1 full sec quicker to 60mph or 2 sec quicker in the 1/4 mi. trapping ~ 25mph faster...which typically translates into about 18-20 car-lengths, lol!!! :oops: So, please understand that's more than just "walking" a car; that's NOT even a "race" at that point! 😜 While BOTH the MS LR & PLAID are super quick, the Plaid really is in an entirely different league! Just sayin'. 😎

Last edited:
Lots of stuff in the service manuals shows a normal wheel as well. They will offer one, I'll bet your hat on it.

Btw, I never gave my official "yoke report", so here goes:

It is fine. A bit gimmicky and no real advantage or disadvantage to me. I guess I like the visibility, but would have been nice to see both and decide.

BUT:

The haptic turn signals are also fine EXCEPT for one major annoyance I'm almost certain they'll fix in a future revision: I inadvertently hit the right turn signal button every time I use the right-direction-click of the scroll wheel next to it, to change to the next song. I am working around it and aim lower on the wheel now, but it annoys me and I bet a lot of folks with larger hands than mine will be annoyed.
Ugh, I was wondering about that from there minute I saw the test mule yokes. Thanks for sharing this.

I love everyone comparing about the issues getting a delivery date etc. Try being someone from the UK who ordered start of this year being told end of 2021 and now being told end of 2022 at the earliest.
I'm with you buddy. The only thing keeping me going is that "perhaps" the Q4 2022 date is for new orders, and those of us who ordered pre refresh, or shortly after, still have a hope of getting it earlier in 2022.

Pretty sure I'm lying to myself there, but the alternative is too gross to consider.

It is super sunny out, so I took the opportunity to take some more photos of my LR in daylight. Regarding the contrast stitching, that was just my flash that highlighted the stitching yesterday - the actual stitching is very similar in color to the white so it does not really pop out. Here are some more photos:

View attachment 680408View attachment 680409View attachment 680410View attachment 680411View attachment 680412
Is the dash stitching the same black color as the dash itself? Believe that was the stitching we noticed was ‘white’.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Is the dash stitching the same black color as the dash itself? Believe that was the stitching we noticed was ‘white’.
Yes, it is a gray color that blends fairly well into the black. It is also somewhat reflective. I took another photo in my garage using flash and it appeared white in that photo as well. Looks like it was just the flash in my photo that caused it to look white.