Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly what I think. I raced F2000 cars and was a BMWCCA instructor for a few years, stopping a 5000lbs car going 160+mph is no small task. The brakes get a beating. It's not clear from the video what happened. Maybe he just thought that breaking from 160 would be quicker or maybe something really nasty happened, we can't tell.

I was talking to another friend (who is ordering a LR) of the possibility that a few inexperienced guys could screw it for everyone. It takes only one dude wanting to show off and kill a family of four to bring light to the masses that a family car, that can accelerate as hard as a Formula1, are now easily available and mixing it up on the street with regular schmoes in minivans. Will the government eventually put a limit to car performances?

On the other hand, the braking system for a car that can do 0-120mph in ~6sec should be the best possible. Tesla it seems, could have put more aggressive/robust brakes on the Plaid.
The real reference point for me is delivering liter class sport bikes to 16 year olds. There have been a few laws put in place sporadically to deal with this issue. The 100 hp European limit (if it still exists) comes to mind but here in the US it's still kinda of a free for all.

The US is amazing in the way that our approach gives us plenty of rope to kill ourselves and prove Darwin really was right.

I decided to call them out directly and ask for more detail if this is a safety concern as opposed to a stunt to pressure a settlement.

fwiw I’m not a blind defender and truly want to know immediately if there is a safety issue here. The way they’re providing information is sketchy, but I’ll listen if they give more detail.

Surprise
Surprise
Surprise

A PI attorney already involved.
Wow how we have screwed so many things up (Tort Law, Direct Marketing of Drugs,,,,)

BMW will drive to your house and leave you a loaner, pick up your car and take it for repairs then bring it back and take the loaner.
That has to be a specific dealership perk. Whenever I've had repairs (numerous), it was always bring it in, get a loaner, wait for repairs to be completed. While admittedly most was under warranty, the number of repairs for piss poor engineering eventually drove me away from BMW. The amount of time spent just commuting for repair service, time under repairs and waiting for service to finish up was distasteful. This doesn't include time for maintenance servicing either.

I decided to call them out directly and ask for more detail if this is a safety concern as opposed to a stunt to pressure a settlement.

fwiw I’m not a blind defender and truly want to know immediately if there is a safety issue here. The way they’re providing information is sketchy, but I’ll listen if they give more detail.

He was surprised that he was ignored? Must be his first time contacting Tesla 😅😅

I just wanted to share a quick note since I picked up my car yesterday. First, I'm not going to share pictures because, like many others have said, no picture has really done the car justice. I've tried to take a bunch but none of them looks like the car feels.

Sitting in the driver's seat with the view out the windshield, the ventless dash, and the steering yoke while the car is so planted and suspension firm and steering responsive - I've just never felt anything like it. The yoke is natural, I don't have to think about it. You have this direct connection to the asphalt that for even normal driving on roads I've driven on for 10 years feels like a new experience.

There are a couple of issues with it - misaligned dashboard-to-door trim lines on the passenger side, and the passenger rear latch release button isn't working. These details would've bothered me on my BMWs but this car is so raw and purpose-built, I don't care about the flaws. There's just an overwhelming tidal wave of astonishing qualities in the car that make the fit-and-finish details seem less significant. I know that's probably an unpopular statement but it's honest.

The acceleration in plaid mode is completely absurd - it never stops pulling. The car feels possessed and I'll admit...it scares the hell out of me!
Thank you!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Blank DD again. Really considering switching to Arachnids 😭
Have to get my car appraised at Carmaxx, however, if I do that then I will only have 7 days to sell my car for their offered price or I am screwed. Any advice?
At least you have had a delivery date. I haven't had one other than for a couple hours a month ago. I'm also considering the Arachnid switch. I probably would if I was assured it would help accelerate the process, but since I'm not sure, and I want the pothole and range benefit of the 19s, I guess I'll just sit and suffer (and complain some too).

The real reference point for me is delivering liter class sport bikes to 16 year olds. There have been a few laws put in place sporadically to deal with this issue. The 100 hp European limit (if it still exists) comes to mind but here in the US it's still kinda of a free for all.

The US is amazing in the way that our approach gives us plenty of rope to kill ourselves and prove Darwin really was right.
Liter bike to 16yo sounds scary! But I’m guessing/hoping kids racing bikes have the skills to do so, in a safe and secure environment.

I remember when the 993 Turbo first did 12sec 1/4 mile@120mph. It was seen as insanely quick…. That was only 25years ago!

I hope we keep the right to have too much of anything. :)

Blank DD again. Really considering switching to Arachnids 😭
Have to get my car appraised at Carmaxx, however, if I do that then I will only have 7 days to sell my car for their offered price or I am screwed. Any advice?

The used car market is hot right now (but showing signs of cooling) so now's the time! Carmax gave me $9k more than Tesla's offer.

Finally got a more specific estimated delivery of "July 15-23" yesterday on my late January Plaid white ext/black interior/CF/Arachnids order only to have it disappear and return to blank this morning. Sigh.

5f8u6s.jpg