Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear it's putting you off the purchase. I'm in the camp that really enjoys the aggressive regen for 1-pedal driving, but I can sympathize. One note though - you should be able to modulate how much deceleration the passengers sense by adjusting how much you're backing off the "gas" pedal. Not a perfect solution for you, and I'm shocked they took away the option to minimize the regen, but something you could try out.
Nope. All new Teslas are like this, non regen settings.

I've adapted to the standard regen and kind of like it but my wifey will hate it, she keeps her Y on low.
Thanks.. sounds a little annoying.. I wonder if a software update is coming.

I think that any car that is missing anything would not count as produced. It is still a work-in-progress. (Even if it was only missing a single piece of trim.)
I never knew nor considered that. Interesting, can have 1,000 MS on the lots, add the missing license plate bracket, and suddenly you just produced 1,000 new cars almost in a day? that must be an accounting or shareholder field day - record quarter? don't complete the cars. running short? slap on the hub caps.

This will piss off my passengers. I am not looking forward to it. It's ****ed up honestly. For some reason female passengers get car sick really easily due to regen. I myself get car sick because of it. **** this, I am not buying a Plaid now. It's not like my experience was any better before finding out about this 😂
Once you learn to not release your foot too far, this becomes a non-issue.

Still blank on both of my orders

1143 LR/Black/White/19”
1150 ordered late May Plaid/Black/White/CF/19”

The 1143 pre refresh order annoys me due to how long it’s been with zero communication

But the 1150 may piss me off more because it was ordered with an estimated delivery in June. It feels like a bad faith move by Tesla - do we really think in late May they had no idea about having supply issues with the 19” rims or white interior?

/rant. Just getting impatient

And don’t forget the travesty that was called the “Mustang 2”.

The “2” referred to horsepower iirc.
Haha, fond memories. That was the first 4-wheeler in my own name (I did own a few motorcycles first). 4-speed that I used to learn to shift a car. I didn't think of it as a Mustang, more like a Pinto.

1143 LR/Black/White/19”

The 1143 pre refresh order annoys me due to how long it’s been with zero communication

But the 1150 may piss me off more because it was ordered with an estimated delivery in June. It feels like a bad faith move by Tesla - do we really think in late May they had no idea about having supply issues with the 19” rims or white interior?

This is kinda what i was eluding at, if "X" dealership is getting 12 cars and 6 of the cars they get match orders from 2020, why not simply get them their cars? I just dont understand the leapfrogging or a simple.... Delay in 19"/white interior, we have this car if youd like it. If they dont, simply move down the list.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

1143 LR/Black/White/19”

Same here with the 1143 LR and 19". Expecting bupkis until they get those wheels in....

1143 LR/Black/White/19”

Still blank as well (day 6)

I asked this 14 pages ago and I ask again: since the End of Quarter Push has anyone who did not already have a VIN get a VIN? People have talked about their delivery date changing but curious if anyone at Tesla actually is working on deliveries until after the holiday weekend.
I have a friend who works at Tesla and was told that the delivery team was given a day off on 1st and 4th.

Great points. Speaking of our elected overseers who deign to ban ICE cars by Year 20XX, has anyone wondered where all that electricity will come from? I use about the same for my house as I do for my car. While they force utilities to close fossil fuel plants almost daily and here in CA blackouts and brownouts are a fact of life, what happens when the grid has 100 million EVs plugged in?
On the surface this appears to be a very valid consideration; however, if you dig deeper it is much less so.

Assuming the shift to EV’s is gradual and in equilibrium with a concomitant reduction in demand for gasoline, the net effect on demand for electricity is relatively small. The reason is that drilling, refining and distribution of gasoline takes a considerable amount of electricity as well. In fact, assuming an avg 25-30mpg ICE vehicle is removed for every new BEV, it is, as they say, “machts nicht”…hardly an effect/doesn’t really matter.

This assumes a number of factors; however, it is very valid as a “ballpark” consideration. 100 million EV’s plugged in is not in the top 10 things to worry about at this point.

Once you learn to not release your foot too far, this becomes a non-issue.
I personally love how much control the regen gives me over decel. The control is much finer than using the brakes, and the fact that it's all on one pedal makes it so easy to get back on the throttle. It's like a different level of control, IMO. Really great in bad weather, too.