Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely agree. It really makes no sense to reduce the regen. Driving with one foot is a much improved way to control the car, and why not maximize the energy efficiency and save the brake pads at the same time? Brake dust is also eliminated, keeping those wheels clean!

I understand the concern coming from an ICE. The first thing people naturally want to do is turn regen off or to a low setting. I have had several friends and family members switch from ICE to Tesla’s, and this is their primary concern. I usually just advise them to practice driving with full regen with creep disabled and it never takes more than a few days to adjust. They adjust rapidly and end up loving it quickly realizing that it is not only easier but also superior.

If the deceleration is jerky and uncomfortable, you are simply not modulating the accelerator properly.
Exactly.

Holy cow I got a VIN! Woohoo!! 😁👍

The wait has been tiresome at times, but reading this thread and everyone's contributions over the months has made the journey more tolerable, enjoyable and definitely made time go by faster, so a huge thank you to everyone in here for that! Still crossing my fingers that the VIN doesn't disappear or anything weird like a few others have unfortunately reported, but this finally feels real!
I have the exact same config! I HOPE I get my VIN soon as well.
My account had June 21-27 delivery so I put my 85D for sale and it SOLD! I leaves my hands on the 7, so I hope I can get my Plaid sometime soon after that! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

In my P100D, someone would try to race me a couple times per month but mostly on interstates, expressways, parkways etc. (maybe 60mph-110.)
At least 80% of the time; the Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes, and the pesky Hellcats always lose. These people still have crazy loud exhausts and they still think it's cool lol.. Sorry bro, they were cool in the 90s.
I tell people that it's like when you were a kid and put the baseball card on the fork of your bicycle to rub the spokes, thinking the loudness made it go fast.

That was sooooo yesterday.

I have a very early RN # - first day / first minute pre order. Red with white interior, carbon, 21s.

RN11396
Eat delivery: July

It was originally a plaid + and last week I finally decided to go with the change to the plaid. So I filled out and got approved for the financing last week. Do you think waiting until last week will affect how quickly I get the car? I have a white / white / carbon / 21s on order also and never filled out or got approved for the financing and it also says July delivery…

The hell is a VIN?! People get those?
1625259299985.jpeg

This is a Vin. Last one I’ll see for a while.

Ordered May 1 from a store location in a local mall. Coincidentally, I have been accompanying my wife a lot more to the mall since deliveries started.

I happened to see my SA yesterday who remembered me and offered to check the status of my order. I played dumb and said sure. For what it's worth (nothing), he said September and showed me pics on his phone of his experience in one of the Model S' that had come through (mainly just him sitting in the drivers seat with the Yoke).

The store was completely empty (I mean no cars at all) and my SA said they sold out of everything in the store plus all the demo cars before the end of June which I guess helps explain the impressive numbers.

With respect to the recent fire in the Plaid, is it bad that my only thought was to hope that they don't stop or suspend production to investigate or work on the issue and NOT not whether the car I would be driving soon was safe? Even though I don't need the car until the end of November, I want the car as soon as possible (but after those here who ordered before me, of course).

I'm so jealous of all these stories of people with SAs that genuinely care about their orders and the customer experience, even if they're un- or misinformed. I have never once gotten a call from my SA since I placed my order exactly 5 months ago, and I've called them 3-4 times in all that time to get a status because my website is almost always blank for est delivery window. Every time I do, they make it abundantly clear to me that not only does Tesla not tell them anything, but that they would just prefer I go away and don't bother them. "Your car will be ready when you receive a VIN." Look, I'm sure they're in a shitty spot too, but the least they could do as a company taking orders for an $80k car is to put on a good face and try to help make suggestions - as it appears there actually ARE things you can do to get bumped in the line, so to speak - on how to achieve your goals. In point of fact, isn't that exactly what the $100 non-refundable fee is paying for? Cause it's certainly not paying for the guy that's coding the estimated delivery date website, I'll tell you that...

Today I had a question about my trade-in, and they were flat out combative with me. I explained that I had been issued trade-in valuations twice, but both have expired, and when I did get another one recently, Tesla's page wouldn't let me apply it to my order already in progress. He (grudgingly) looks up my file - the first time he's even asked for my info - and (with a heaping dose of attitude) tells me that I'll need to bring the car to the dealership (about 50 mins away) to have a new trade in value done since it's expired twice already.

This "customer service" is the worst I've ever experienced. I'm honestly not even sure why Tesla has a SA staff. They literally do nothing. Everything that matters is either automated or done by delivery agents.

/rant

Last edited:
Hi, this is a real question, and done with respect for all who talk about racing other cars. Does it really happen fairly often that someone pulls up next to you at a stop or on the freeway indicating a 'let's go' vibe? My former S was a 100D, and current Y is a P, but it isn't super fast compared to the P100D or the Plaid obviously. I don't think I've ever been challenged on the streets around Nashville. It could be that I don't notice, or it is because I didn't have a P MS, or could be that there aren't a lot of fast cars or drivers here (there are of course Detroit hotrod types, but not as many exotics). What are other experiences here? Perhaps I should wait and get my Plaid and see what happens too, and will answer my own question :)
You always have the option to ignore them and go about your day. :)

I've now had a seventh person reach out to me about the fire news, and this is why people become annoyingly staunch Tesla defenders. Soon enough, it will come out that the dude wrecked/damaged that car, but that will appear on five blogs and the image of the first car burning is all people will remember. <sigh>
This is a great take on the fire and why Tesla needs a PR dept. (Public Relations.)

Hi, this is a real question, and done with respect for all who talk about racing other cars. Does it really happen fairly often that someone pulls up next to you at a stop or on the freeway indicating a 'let's go' vibe? My former S was a 100D, and current Y is a P, but it isn't super fast compared to the P100D or the Plaid obviously. I don't think I've ever been challenged on the streets around Nashville. It could be that I don't notice, or it is because I didn't have a P MS, or could be that there aren't a lot of fast cars or drivers here (there are of course Detroit hotrod types, but not as many exotics). What are other experiences here? Perhaps I should wait and get my Plaid and see what happens too, and will answer my own question :)
If you're like me and prefer to be discreet and go about your business, I'd suggest removing the plaid emblem.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I will say...running 1/4 mile at 160 mph on a prepped drag strip without car having proper safety equipment is dangerous enough, doing it on US highway in disrepair is simply..."Not Cool" either, just a matter of time before someone dies due to reckless/inexperienced behavior.
On a better note, NHRA opening EV class in 2022. so get those Plaids updated with roll cage, etc. and get in the game.

I will say...running 1/4 mile at 160 mph on a prepped drag strip without car having proper safety equipment is dangerous enough, doing it on US highway in disrepair is simply..."Not Cool" either, just a matter of time before someone dies due to reckless/inexperienced behavior.
On a better note, NHRA opening EV class in 2022. so get those Plaids updated with roll cage, etc. and get in the game.
somehow i doubt you will see many plaids will roll cages.

well I just got a text from Tesla stating "As soon as your vehicle is completed in production, we will contact you to schedule your pick up date. Thank you." I did not reach out to them or call or anything. probably means nothing, but maybe its about to enter production. it could also be the boiler plate text from them as well. I remember getting this text or something similar when our model y was about 3 weeks out. but again, that was an entirely different time within production. so I guess we will see what's comes of this. I have tempered my expectation for this delivery as to not get my hopes up and be let down. Been down that road with Tesla way to many times, lol

the real problem here is the model s plaid right now will require a parachute as it traps over 150mph. both NHRA and IHRA both has this standing rule. we are beyond roll cages hahahaha. but Im very curious as to how they will handle this going forward. because as we can see, it will only get faster and faster from here as we advance in tech.

EDIT: I have personally seen other drag cars get kicked and some banned from my track (Maryland international raceway) until they became in compliance with the rules. some are less strict but some do not play around with that. I can almost bet, as more and more of these hit the street and tracks with videos of them trapping 150mph+ some tracks will not let them run or tell them to not run anything pass 10.5 or 130ish or you will be kicked out.

Last edited:
the real problem here is the model s plaid right now will require a parachute as it traps over 150mph. both NHRA and IHRA both has this standing rule. we are beyond roll cages hahahaha. but Im very curious as to how they will handle this going forward. because as we can see, it will only get faster and faster from here as we advance in tech.

This is a VERY good question