Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I figured I have a black and white Plaid and the ZR1 has been sold a while ago so it was time to upgrade the graphic to a b&w Plaid. :)

I started off with a similar graphic but switched to the power curve. yours is way cooler.

which ZR1 did you have C7 or C6? Love the Z06/ZR1's as I had a few, but man I am more excited for this 4 door sedan Plaid....go figure....haha.

I started off with a similar graphic but switched to the power curve. yours is way cooler.

which ZR1 did you have C7 or C6? Love the Z06/ZR1's as I had a few, but man I am more excited for this 4 door sedan Plaid....go figure....haha.
I had a C6 ZR1, I never drove the C7. Crazy fun car. On cold tires it was a handful. But I feel the Plaid even with its monstrous power, is gonna be a more docile beast to tame. The Plaid will leave the Zr1 standing still in its track, which to me, is hard to imagine.

View attachment 681382

If you’re from CA and have 21s with an October date, I’m scared to even think what mine would be if it wasn’t blank 😅😅

This doesn’t tell us much, unfortunately, because CA gets prioritized later and later as the quarter gets further along—this let’s East Coast and other places that need longer to receive vehicles have enough time for logistics.

That fact is also what scares me about being a July delivery in CA. I’m hoping the fact that it’s a solid makes up some of that, but if they don’t send any trucks full of cars down the coast, there’s no real delivery date.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I had a C6 ZR1, I never drove the C7. Crazy fun car. On cold tires it was a handful. But I feel the Plaid even with its monstrous power, is gonna be a more docile beast to tame. The Plaid will leave the Zr1 standing still in its track, which to me, is hard to imagine.

I also had a C6 ZR1 that was modified with a Katech package and then some. Loved the car and was waiting for the C8 Z06/ZR1 until I saw the Plaid specs. I expect the Plaid would have blown the doors off my old C6 ZR1 as well especially given the traction issues with that much power on a RWD platform.

Did we confirm if changing wheels before delivery cancels out the 2k prerefresh discount?

I ordered old s with 19s, confirmed refresh, and then in late May upgraded to 21s. I have a vin and should be scheduling delivery soon so thought I’d ask just in case I need some proof. Thanks!

1/10,LR, msm, white, 21s

Back in March or so, I changed my order from Red to Blue. It did not negate my discount. Keep in mind, the discount will not show until the very end when you get the "final" bill. Mine was not on there and I texted them. They checked and saw where it is noted in my account and added it right away.

I also had a C6 ZR1 that was modified with a Katech package and then some. Loved the car and was waiting for the C8 Z06/ZR1 until I saw the Plaid specs. I expect the Plaid would blown the doors off my old C6 ZR1 as well especially given the traction issues with that much power on a RWD platform.
Exactly! I had a reservation for a C8 that I cancelled (stupid me) because I figured in a few years these C8 are gonna be a dime a dozen. But I would have made a fortune had I went through with it. Now I thought of maybe getting the LR and new Lotus combo. But the simple thought of putting fuel is now very frustrating for me. Plus the Lotus is gonna feel slow for sure even compared to the LR as they make good handling car, but always below average in acceleration.

The Plaid is gonna be the daily/fun car all at once and it better be good at both as it eats my whole car budget. 😁

With both my 2016 and my 2021 red MSes in the garage, one thing has become clear to me. I prefer the look of the chrome.

I know people do chrome deletes, how about chrome undeletes? 😅
I used 3M satin black for my chrome delete. You can always do the same with 3M Wrap Film 1080-GC451 Gloss Silver Chrome. I’m not saying it’s a replacement for real chrome but I think it’s as close as you’re going to get.

Question for previous Model S owners who switched to non-OEM size wheels and tires (20”). Do we pretty much have to live with incorrect range estimates displayed after the switch if the size is not listed as an option under Wheel Config settings?
I had my 20" staggered wheels before the car and since the diameter was very close I didn't notice any variation. Hard to tell with rated range anyway. Using evtripplanner on long trips the mileage seemed to actually increase. I ordered 19" on my P85 and run 20s".

Question for previous Model S owners who switched to non-OEM size wheels and tires (20”). Do we pretty much have to live with incorrect range estimates displayed after the switch if the size is not listed as an option under Wheel Config settings?
You know, I never really gave it any thought. It says XYZ of rated range at a particular charge level and you always get xyz depending upon wind, rain, temp and the like. You just get to know your car inclusive of the rims and tires and thus get a feel for range.

Have the same thoughts about that. How I can get my car in July, since I have ordered it on June 24th, when there are people who wait for their cars since May or even January...
I ordered June 18th got VIN on June 23rd I rejected delivery on June 30th because of a defect I wasn’t happy with. No telling when the next VIN will match.

Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If my kids are listening to some obnoxious you tuber, talking in positive tones and stringing their words together to avoid any breaks of silence, and I am having a conversation with my wife, sound in the back ONLY would clearly be better than that same sound in the front as well.

You can do this in the current model S since forever.

What you can't do it have 2 sources of audio at once. At least I dunno how to.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Upgraded to 21 inch the other day and was told it did not impact the price or the discount. Doesn't mean it is true.
That is what I was told. I have a July delivery a day after the change.
This is interesting. I did the same yesterday and my page still shows no EDD (as always). Fingers crossed, but it makes me believe that changes like this don't actually send you to the back of the queue like my SA indicated. Or if it is true, that the queue for the cars with Arachnids is just so short it doesn't really matter.

Hope you get your VIN soon.